What's new

India will explore oil in South China Sea: PM to Wen Jiabao

Well there were some restrictions that had to be put up after the Bhopal gas tragedy we had so many years ago. Thousands died and thousands of kids were affected for generations after that. Here we're talking about nuclear energy. See what happened in Fukushima. At least Japanese administration is proactive and dedicated. With the slime that rules our country, it would be a true disaster (heavens forbid). Liability clause like the present amended one was needed.

you don't try to correct a wrong from the past by going overboard in the present. The liability clause was going overboard and the mere fact that such clauses never exist between private companies in any other country in the world is proof positive. Fukishima was not the suppliers fault , it was the fault of body running the reactors.

If I ( company)sell you a brand new gun and you don't take care of it, clean it etc and it backfires on you 5 years later. You expect me to pay your hospital bills ?

Look at what happened with BOFORS scandal... India went overboard in over correcting it and 25 years plus down the line, who is suffering because of it?

Whatever. But dont you think India benefited the most by this deal ? Lets keep conspiracies aside for a while

you know what his angle is :). he is making this political i.e. BJP fan boy who is blinded by the mere fact that a ' congress" person was given props by me. This in spite-I was not pointing towards any political achievement of any party rather stating the great win piloted by an individual. Subject matter on hand is not of importance to him...

I'll address the latter of your contention because I don't think you understand how Politics works. Him being the leader of his party gets credit... you see world leaders all have advisers but the " buck stops with those world leaders" i.e. they make the final call , not some advisor.

and it was clear that the leader was not willing to go ahead to satisfy his left chutiya allies....it was natwar singh that somehow made india hang onto the deal..give credit where necessary...

now re: the US's intention with india as a whole is economic and secruity related. yes it is mutual benefit ( note the meaning of the word mutual), but it would be a stretch to say they have any " henchman" like intention as you have stated.

the need is more immediate for usa since its position as the sole superpower is being threatened more intensensely as ever...compared to that india and china going to war over a icy wasteland is a distant dream....but then again in the latter part i agreed that it was a "you scratch my back..i yours" deal....

regardless the nuclear deal was no "quid pro quo" as evident from where its stands, stood and direction it took... so again not a correct assumption made. The deal was no small matter and as I stated , especially given NOT a single country came to India's aid , not even riussia ( besides US).

again i said this was one of the best deals india ever got...but you should remember that it was not a charity or out of kitten love for india...

---------- Post added at 10:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 PM ----------

you know what his angle is :). he is making this political i.e. BJP fan boy who is blinded by the mere fact that a ' congress" person was given props by me. This in spite-I was not pointing towards any political achievement of any party rather stating the great win piloted by an individual. Subject matter on hand is not of importance to him...

read my post carefully yankee....

i said there were two deals that benefitted india most - friendhsip treaty with ussr and nuclear deal...and both were signed by congi govts..

my only bone of contention is mms role is over hyped and natwar singh role (congress leader if you dont know) is not mentioned....

^^^ stay out of foreign policy discussions is my advise to you. you are making a fool of yourself by cursing and making personal attacks when the subject matter calls for critical thinking. you need to stick to the other defense forums ( I know where you are from) where you will find plenty of support albeit all the intelligent ones agree with me there:D.

China surprises me!!! Whatever they do is fine..and if we just "reciprocate", they get angry with us and stop eating!!! now that sort of blackmail is not fair!!!! :taz:

Guys, please. Can we not discuss nuclear deal any more ? Lets focus on India Vietnam oil deal.

No matter what your views are on current GoI, you truly have to bow down to MMS, the guy just keeps on delivering. Opening up India's markets when India's economy was on its knees, US-Indo nuke deal, getting India MFN status from Pakistan not to mention numerous other key issues and including representing India in a truly great fashion when abroad (voted most liked head of state in the world and is highly respected by foreign media). Of course he did not do this single handily but the drive came from him and despite all the issues he has faced he still has the motivation to do what he does. Can there be a better example of a true patriot than MMS? at the age of 79 he should have retired long ago but he is still notorious for his "workaholic" tendency- to high lit this he went back to work TWO WEEKS after MAJOR OPEN-HEART SURGERY strongly against doctor's orders.

Bravo India. It'd face to face talking. India"s PM is very intelligent. our sea guards is prepare to hunt every provocateurs.:cheers:

what happened then ?,,,

because frankly you never know what the little red book teaches these chines in their school...

go wikipedia,I dont think their color is red,you really should do more readingl.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom