What's new

India will buy assault rifles and ammunition at a Billion dollars

Get your definitions right buddy ;).According to you License produced = made in Pak ?:rofl::rofl:
Which licensed produced thing r u talkin abt sunny boy?
Mushak? tht was based on safari? i hope u know abt the indigenous systems and design changes made by PAC.......while Super Mushak is an entirely new plane...... its bigger,more advanced then basic mushak.

If you have put Pak made super duper mission computers in it why asking for french or Italian avionics ? :sick::lol:

We were coz european avionics were more mature and advanced and we didnt have any indegenous avionics at tht time.........

No mr.Troll by following it became JV:no:

Mission Computer cum Display Processor - MC-486 and DP-30MK (Defence Avionics Research Establishment - DARE)
Radar Computer - RC1 and RC2 (DARE)
Tarang Mk2 Radar Warning Receiver (RWR) + High Accuracy Direction Finding Module (HADF) (DARE)
IFF-1410A - Identification Friend or Foe (IFF)
Integrated Communication suite INCOM 1210A (HAL)
Radar Altimeter - RAM-1701 (HAL)
Programmable Signal Processor (PSP) - (LRDE)
Multi Function Displays (MFD) - Samtel/DARE

Weapon and Technology: India`s Contribution in SU-30MKI Platform

So mr ignorant troll........ a few contributions make it a JV? if so i think Turkey is also a JV partner of F-16 and Pakistan for J-7,A-5 and mirages coz we also made modification in these jets.

Thanks for considering cool :D. i know u had to put a stone over heart to say this ;)

Dont worry man.......We have big hearts unlike ..

Don't know where they come up with such weird numbers from.

Why 44,618? Why not 45,000?

Source BTW?

because it takes time to read 44,618 instead of 45k...

India always tries to portray large figures..... for example they say '32 hazaar crore rupees instead of 320 billion rupees or 7 billion dollars'

See 44,618 is like "Forty Four Thousand Six Hundred and Eighteen" whereas 45,000 would have been pronounced as 45k or 45,000 only.

i seriously doubt ur knowledge, Hal marut was our first and our IIT graduates are better than what you give them credit for... U seriously think China's J-10 can compete with agile Tejas? Mk-2 for tejas will be quite a spectacle...

Actually, these desis are not aware that LCA project has IITians too. They know very less about India.

India always tries to portray large figures..... for example they say '32 hazaar crore rupees instead of 320 billion rupees or 7 billion dollars'

That's because its Indian money, not aid money received from IMF on which your country runs. :cheesy:

One more import blunder. Now we are going to import even handguns.

No wonder, all talent is being wasted in call centers and coolie companies. Noone want to give those big funds to private firms so they become India's GE, Huwei.

US Government has invested more than 20 Billion$ into GE as research donations.

India produces engineers by the truckloads. Most of them then go on to take MBA and work for big financial institutions. If you wanted to deal in shares and debentures, why take engineering in the first place.

US is#1 because they encourage innovation and make your own way. In India it is encouraged to just follow the pack. Thinking outside the box is unacceptable.

See 44,618 is like "Forty Four Thousand Six Hundred and Eighteen" whereas 45,000 would have been pronounced as 45k or 45,000 only.

its not how India portrays its money, its how its pronounced in Hindi, we dont tune our currency or its denominations as per the structure of the dollar or how the dollar is written, Please learn more about Hindi before you make such broad assumptions.

you can´t even make assault rifles?...:disagree: and you want to be a superpower?:lol:

even america shops for rifles outside(FN,H&K),japan is looking towards europe for replacing its type-89 does this mean they are weaker than germany or belgium.........hell no its abt getting the best weapons available for your soldiers and manufacturing them yourself.

Because we dont use Million and Billion terms here...

India produces engineers by the truckloads. Most of them then go on to take MBA and work for big financial institutions. If you wanted to deal in shares and debentures, why take engineering in the first place.

US is#1 because they encourage innovation and make your own way. In India it is encouraged to just follow the pack. Thinking outside the box is unacceptable.

I know that debate of mindset started by western analysts but they have confused concept of innovation and are trying to copy western way of thinking in India.

Mindset is secondary issue. And its not even an issue here. Primary issue here in India is, lack of funding, resources and initiatives.

If we didn't have mindset, we wouldn't be learning so much, so fast about AESA and etc. Heck, we wouldn't even fly or reach LCA' IOC stage.

But those things happened only because there were funds/support/resources made available by someone(Govt.) to those people.

So, how many academic universities in India have such funds/support/resources at their desposable that you are questioning "mindset" of Indian?

Believe me, those guys who keep whining about lack of mindset doesn't understand Indian psychology. Our engineers have performed much better than even Israelis(with full access to DARPA research labs). We pulled off LCA in just 21 years under sanctions(1989-2011). So, how this happened without mindset?

Its really funny how people blame "lack of mindset" as the main factor when actually there are not even funds/initiatives being taken up at colleges. We are merely doing seminars/workshops but don't go beyond that because nobody is providing any financial incentives for taking up such research to those students.

Some student group will not start putting their own pocket-money to start research on polymer compounds just because they are feeling high on that day!

Unless there are incentives, there won't be efforts/initiatives. And unless there are initiatives/efforts, how you can blame for lack of mindset? Mindset comes much later, when you actually start applying your minds on initiatives/assigned-work. The problem here is, where is money for such works? And, how many academics has such money? :cheesy:

But don't worry. With growing economy, more private players will take up interest in R&D. China is much ahead in taking initiatives/support/grants to such activities. Mindset is not an issue here. We have a perfect education system for our own conditions. How Indians made supercomputers(PARAM, Eka) under sanctions if we lack mindset? :azn:

This is the ISRAELIS corner-shot built under licence by POF. NSG already has orders for these as does IA SF.

In regard to 126 MMRCA this is based on how many planes are in a SQD * number of squadrons required to be replaced/raised + number of spares/trainers = 126. Although it is true this is almost certain to increase to 200+.

This news is really confusing. The number is too large If the rifles are aimed for SF- firstly I don't think there are 44,000 SF in Indian armed forces (10,000 IA, 2-3,000 IN, ~1000 IAF) maybe SFF I don't know. But the number is too small if it is meant for entire India army - 1,000,000+.

A possibility is for the Ghataks in IA? these are being UPG at a rapid pace as part of a effort from MoD/GoI.

Wonder what time frame we are looking at?

have you been drinking??

Which licensed produced thing r u talkin abt sunny boy?
Mushak? tht was based on safari. i hope u know abt the indigenous systems and design changes made by PAC.......while Super Mushak is an entirely new plane...... its bigger,more advanced then basic mushak.
So mr ignorant troll........ a few contributions make it a JV? if so i think Turkey is also a JV partner of F-16 and

The bold parts are self contradicting.:rofl: On on hand when you put Your so called Chinese subsystem into some licensed produced machine it becomes indigenous.
On other hand we have developed Major avionics component like sensors, radar warning receiver, Multi Function Displays, High Accuracy Direction Finding Module, Identification Friend or Foe (IFF),Integrated Communication suite,Programmable Signal Processor, Including software programming. it is not even JV :rofl::lol: Do you know India even export those components For Su30 MKM (malaysian)

Anyways you may convince yourself with anything your want.:blah: This is what any source other thn yours say about u

MFI-17 Mushshak (Urdu: مشاق) (English: Proficient) is a licence-built basic trainer aircraft version of the Saab Safari, used by the Pakistan Army and Pakistan Air Force. It is manufactured in Kamra, Pakistan by Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC). As of 2006, 80 aircraft have been manufactured. Built to MIL-Spec and fully aerobatic, it is used for training, towing and other ground support roles. An upgraded version, the MFI-395 Super Mushshak, has also been produced by PAC.

PAC MFI-17 Mushshak - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Pakistan for J-7,A-5 and mirages coz we also made modification in these jets.
:rofl:

Let alone J-5 j-7 , tell me what you developed in JF17 thunder which is your so calld called indigenous fighter. Don't mention Chinese components which you Manufacture at Pak. This way we even make the engine RD33k of your Indigenous fighter. Tell me which Sub system was developeb by pakistan and any contribution other then paint job and backen your words with proof :smokin:

We were coz european avionics were more mature and advanced and we didnt have any indegenous avionics at tht time.........

By indegenous you mean China made? So are you trying to say those chinese system are up to the mark ?

Dont worry man.......We have big hearts unlike ..

Undoubtfully :rofl: Recently OBL was caught in heart of Pakistan:lol:

So what all carbines can be expected to compete?To me it seems something like this.

Company Name - Carbine, Compact Assault Rifle

IMI - CTAR-21, MTAR-21
ST Kinetics - SAR-21 MMS Carbine, SAR-21 LWC
Heckler & Koch - G36K, G36C as well as the HK416 D14.5RS and D10RS
Fabrique Nationale - SCAR-L Standard and SCAR-L CQC.
Colt Defense - M4A1 Carbine/Model 977 and M4A1 Commando Carbine/Model 933 or maybe even the new CM901's although it seems highly unlikely they will.

I really wish Swiss Arms were bidding with their SG551SB's and SG553SB's.Also Beretta,Steyr and Česká Zbrojovka aren't bidding there ARX-160, AUG A3 and CZ 805 Bren.

Back
Top Bottom