What's new

India will be partitioned if Modi comes to power: Arshad Madani

BanglaBhoot

RETIRED TTA
Reaction score
Country
France
Jamiat Ulema E Hind president Maulana Arshad Madani has said pro-Hindutva forces coming to power would be the worst nightmare for the country's Muslims.

Speaking to Headlines Today Editor-at-Large Rahul Kanwal, who is travelling on the Election Express across the length and breadth of the country, in an exclusive interview, Madani said all Muslims should go all out to ensure that BJP candidates are defeated by voting for whichever party is best placed to defeat the BJP on that seat.

Sitting between the Darul Uloom Deoband seminary and the Rashidi Mosque, the Maulana couldn't have been more vocal in his criticism of the BJP's prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi when he said, "India will be partitioned if Modi comes to power."

Given the hold that the Maulana has on the country's Sunni Muslims, the Deoband chief's words carry weight.

In a seperate interview with Aaj Tak, Madani expressed satisfaction at the steps taken by Uttar Pradesh government for relief of Muzaffarnagar riot victims.

Question: What would you like to say on Akhilesh government's role in Muzaffarnagar riots?

I have stated this before. The administration has to be blamed for the riots in Muzaffarnagar and the administration kept the government in dark. I am not able to bring myself to believe that government wanted the riots. The government has given enough compensation to the displaced people. Nobody after independence gave such a money to the victims of communal riots.

Question: What about the condition of victims living in refugee camps?

The number of people living in camps has come down. Eventually, people will have to return to their houses.

Question: Has the Aam Aadmi Party emerged as a viable secular option for Muslims?

I don't think that Muslims should rush into things. Indeed, its a new party and has created a support base in short time. It has emerged as the third option. But in the current scenario, it is not very wise to think that a new party will bring revolution and change everything. They will have to prove themselves. Muslims have some issues that are unaddressed for long. We will like to see what would AAP's response to those issues.

Question: What is your take on Narendra Modi?

We have maintained only one opinion about Narendra Modi. We do not have trust on him. If he comes to power, it would be a setback to the secular fabric of the country. Even if he becomes the prime minister, our opinion about him would not change.

India will be partitioned if Modi comes to power: Arshad Madani : Uttar Pradesh, News - India Today

Partition-Magic_2.png

BJP is going to do this!.

These fear mongering will only last till elections to get maximum votes for Congress. Once Modi comes to power, I can bet within one years these very same clerics will appreciate his works for good of all. Thats how things worked in Gujarat.

Question: What would you like to say on Akhilesh government's role in Muzaffarnagar riots?

I have stated this before. The administration has to be blamed for the riots in Muzaffarnagar and the administration kept the government in dark. I am not able to bring myself to believe that government wanted the riots. The government has given enough compensation to the displaced people. Nobody after independence gave such a money to the victims of communal riots.
Question: What about the condition of victims living in refugee camps?
The number of people living in camps has come down. Eventually, people will have to return to their houses.
The replies to the questions above bring out the double speak in this bigot.

Answer 1:How can a Govt blame the distt Administration for riots that lasted weeks ? Were all the MLAs of SP asleep while their constituencies were burning ? This man is so obsessed ( & paid?) by the SP that despite the collapse of state admin he cannot get himself to blame them. Had it been another party , his ilk would have screamed blue murder !

Answer 2 : The Q is is about the living conditions & the ans is about the numbers !

Given the hold that the Maulana has on the country's Sunni Muslims, the Deoband chief's words carry weight.

He does not speak for Sufi, Barelvi Muslims as they do not follow Deobandi clercis. Least of all since their foot soldiers have been busy killing many on mass in Pakistan.

As for what he says he isn't that far off regarding Modi. But anyway I hope everyone gets along. I sincerely wish that whoever comes into power there is peace in India amongst its people.

He does not speak for Sufi, Barelvi Muslims as they do not follow Deobandi clercis. Least of all since their foot soldiers have been busy killing many on mass in Pakistan.

As for what he says he isn't that far off regarding Modi. But anyway I hope everyone gets along. I sincerely wish that whoever comes into power there is peace in India amongst its people.
Dude he is supporting Anybody but BJP and thats it. Yestday he said that deobandi Muslims should vote any party which can defeat BJP. Its all political and he has support of Congress.

Dude he is supporting Anybody but BJP and thats it. Yestday he said that deobandi Muslims should vote any party which can defeat BJP. Its all political and he has support of Congress.

Ah ok. Politics is messy.

Non Sunnis are voting for Modi!!!

They know what it is to live with Sunni majority such as Pakistan or Saudi.

Abdus Salam ko salam!!

Question: What is your take on Narendra Modi?
We have maintained only one opinion about Narendra Modi. We do not have trust on him. If he comes to power, it would be a setback to the secular fabric of the country. Even if he becomes the prime minister, our opinion about him would not change.

enough of this secular bullshit.......
I also do not have trust in any other party...
and if any other party come in power it would be set back to hindutva fabric of india........
I don not care what some random shit says......my opinion on these scum will not change.......

Ah ok. Politics is messy.
Yeah dude Its all messy. Shahi Imam of Jama Masjid openly supporting Congress, Deobandis are supporting anybody but BJP and Shia Maulana announce that shia should support anybody but Congress and criticise shahi Iman on congress support. Its Mullah 'words war' here. Lols

THIS IS SIMPLY OUTSTANDING.......SIMPLY OUTSTANDING.......I AM REALLY REALLY SHOCKED............

MODI RIGHT FROM THE START IS TALKING ABOUT DEVELOPMENT & HOW HE WILL TAKE INDIA FORWARD, NOW SINCE HIS OPPONENTS HAVE NOTHING TO COUNTER HIM WE GET THIS FEAR MONGERING TACTICS AS A REPLY......

SORRY SIR, INDIA IS A DEMOCRACY, IF MAJORITY WILL WANT MODI THAN THEY WILL GET IT.

Non Sunnis are voting for Modi!!!

They know what it is to live with Sunni majority such as Pakistan or Saudi.

Abdus Salam ko salam!!

Ehsan Jafri was Shia member of Parliament who was the killed during the Gujarat riots , so making it Shia or Sunni related issue would be completely wrong . Sunnis and Shias are all Muslims and Quran has prohibited Muslims to divide themselves in sects.

Back
Top Bottom