What's new

India will be a dominant player in South Asia, Middle East

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the enlightening post...We surely will do that...

Its better to Ignore such posts.

see another post from an Indian mate on the same thread.

i am sorry it would be good If you can Change the term "Beg" to "Negotiate" ... it sounds like pakistan begging money from USA.... We dont do that.

And this was a reply to a Chinese friend not a Pakistani, does it make sense to bring Pakistan in here??? And guess what it made a lot, specially to the Indian members here, you can judge that by the amount of thanks he got .

:pakistan:

Adios

Right, that was the point :-)

But if you look at India/Pakistan map and use some imagination... to me it always looks like a cute aggressive Dog (Pakistan) sitting over a big pile of garbage (India) - (Balochistan looks like a tail and Pakistan's Kashmir looks like mouth) - Has anyone else noticed that? :D In other words Pakistan looks more dominant by just looking at the map

http://img368.imageshack.us/i/mapmain.gif/

But if you look at India/Pakistan map and use some imagination... to me it always looks like a cute aggressive Dog (Pakistan) sitting over a big pile of garbage (India) - (Balochistan looks like a tail and Pakistan's Kashmir looks like mouth) - Has anyone else noticed that? :D In other words Pakistan looks more dominant by just looking at the map

http://img368.imageshack.us/i/mapmain.gif/

And the only Muslim majority state India controls is a disputed territory all the way up north on the mouth of Pakistan.

India wishes it has some kind of control over Pakistan.

Pakistanis will never accept india as any kind of dominant regional player.

Last edited:
Ya nice example, but where does this rule of thumb fly off when India cannot exert ample pressure to stop the sale of Military Hardware from Russia to Pakistan???

Adios

Well i know you are an informed person..So not sure why you posed such an obvious question...Anyways i am sure you know that Russia in fact did blocked the re-export of Rd-93 to Pakistan from China..Didn't it??? So thats talk about influence...Now one has to consider varous factors about lifting this ban...

a) Chinese influence - Did russian buckled under Chinese influence??
b) Pakistan influence - Did string lobbying from Pakistan made this happen???
c) India's influence - Did indian let this deal move forward??
d) Ruskies Decision - Was this decision taken by cash starved ruskies because they don't see RD-93 sale to Pakistan as a threat to India....

I am more of inclined towards option D and somewhat C...What do you think?? Here is an interesting read...

domain-b.com : Putin clears sale of RD-93 fighter jet engines by China to Pakistan, says report ..Let me highlight one phrase from the article

Militarily the RD-93 engine may not turn out to be a 'force multiplier' of any kind, which makes the reported 'request' by India to Russia to block the transfer, appear all the more strange.

US not selling Drones or striking a Nuclear deal with Pakistan, is not because of Indian dominance, but only and only because of US personal interests. Don't give this credit to Indian Lobbying:disagree:

Buddy please don't undermine Indian Lobby in US...There are talks that after Israel now its the indian lobby which is strongest in US...US is much more sensitive about Indian interests then it was a decade ago...Though i agree they will move as per their interest...However it would be nuts to ignore such a huge market both commercially and militarily....

Its better to Ignore such posts.

see another post from an Indian mate on the same thread.

And this was a reply to a Chinese friend not a Pakistani, does it make sense to bring Pakistan in here??? And guess what it made a lot, specially to the Indian members here, you can judge that by the amount of thanks he got .

Adios

Yes you are right...Better to ignore trolls....Just look at above three posts...Just :blah::blah::blah: no logic

Last edited:
yeah Look at India's size as compared to its tiny neighbors... it would be dominant even if it didn't do anything... :lol:

If size metter then how come Israel a tiny nation is so dominant over big Arabs.
How come 5'.3" Sachin Tendulkar dominants 6'.2" bowlers :coffee:

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad 5'.4" is so powerful

Napoleon Bonaparte was Bona

Israel has U.S.A support... :D Yeah and in many cases size doesn't matter... :D

look at Pakistan map... such smaller country compared to India... but it always looks an small aggressive dog sitting on top of a big pile of garbage or a dog eating and ripping off a triangular samosa

(in girl talk I woun't tell who said that) Pakistan is slim and India is fat

Come on peshwa,

Where is Afghanistan----- Fail. I think its all win, and that too without much of an effort.

Where is Iran----- Fail?????? I have yet to see that.

Adios

Adeos, I was only being sarcastic to the poster for using the term "excellent" which you have to agree is a bit of an exhaggeration....

But in my defence.....

Afghanistan -- Having such a large population of Pushtuns, yet the Afghans have traditionally not been extremely friendly of Pak....but its debatable..

Iran: Shia-Sunni divide, plus the Balochi issue....

Anyways....this isnt worth burning over, my knowledge is limited on this, so Ill refrain from arguing with you as I respect your opinion....

Well i know you are an informed person..So not sure why you posed such an obvious question...Anyways i am sure you know that Russia in fact did blocked the re-export of Rd-93 to Pakistan from China..Didn't it??? So thats talk about influence...Now one has to consider varous factors about lifting this ban...

a) Chinese influence - Did russian buckled under Chinese influence??
b) Pakistan influence - Did string lobbying from Pakistan made this happen???
c) India's influence - Did indian let this deal move forward??
d) Ruskies Decision - Was this decision taken by cash starved ruskies because they don't see RD-93 sale to Pakistan as a threat to India....

I am more of inclined towards option D and somewhat C...What do you think?? Here is an interesting read...

domain-b.com : Putin clears sale of RD-93 fighter jet engines by China to Pakistan, says report ..Let me highlight one phrase from the article

Militarily the RD-93 engine may not turn out to be a 'force multiplier' of any kind, which makes the reported 'request' by India to Russia to block the transfer, appear all the more strange.

My query was not specific to Rd-93s but in general about Russian Military hardware, If you follow the trend, Russia never stopped its hardware in one form or in other and in one way or in other to be used by Pakistan. Back in days it could have stopped it from the F-6 deal in October 1965, Then we see F-7s , T-80/84 UDs, MI-17s, IL-78s, light Infantry equipments rifles etc etc. The List goes on, but the point is Russia could have blocked in flow through its allies and aides if it really wanted to. It was several times pressurized by India to stop those deals, but the Russians every time found a wise excuse to rebuff Indian pressures, Thus the Dominance Theory badly fails.

Coming to your point about Rd-93s,

It would be naive to believe that Indians let the deal move forward. They tried their best, till the last breath, but it didn't pay off:disagree:

About the Russians, It would had been far appreciable by the Indians to let them consider if RD-93 sale to Pakistan be a threat to India. Russia believing/stating RD-93 isn't threat to India is mere an excuse to sell.

Wither a force multiplier or not( which BTW is more then that, as it is going to be the back bone of our Future Air force) is a different issue. But the point to note is that RD-93 was project critical at that time, If Indian influence could have worked, and stopped the engine, it could have certainly choked the project. A result which would have been catastrophic to Pakistan and more then victory for India. Which in reality it didn't have over the Russian friends.

So these kinda theories pop out every now and then, but don't work as anticipated as they ignore a lot of concerned variables.

Adios

Last edited:
Adeos, I was only being sarcastic to the poster for using the term "excellent" which you have to agree is a bit of an exhaggeration....

Iran: Shia-Sunni divide, plus the Balochi issue....

Boo hoo those are only minor irritants in Pakistan-Iran relations.

1. Pakistan has second largest Shia population
2. Pakistan and Iran have pretty much the same policy as far as Balochistan is concerned. During Shah time, Pakistan and Iran worked together to suppress Baloch terrorists.
3. Iran - first country to accept Pakistan as an independent nation in 1947
4. Sometime ago, Pakistan said that it will never allow its territory to attack Iran as Pakistanis see Iran as brother country
5. Some elements of Pakistani culture and people are directly linked with Iran

If you visit Iran (as Abi said) and tell them you are Pakistani, they have a smile on their face and call Pakistanis "brothers".

Last edited:
You mean me as an individual or Pakistanis in general ? I know one thing in which we exceed Indians in every aspect.. :rofl: but then that goes against forum policies... lol!

You can do whatever you want... An Indian "opinion" doesn't matter much to me... :lol:

HAHA....You're extremely predictable and kind of funny......

Besides....I think you fail to realize how little any of our opinions from those on this forum matter....especially yours....

PS: What exactly are you compensating for little girl?

xxxxxxxxxxxxdeletedxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
yeah Look at India's size as compared to its tiny neighbors... it would be dominant even if it didn't do anything... :lol:

Thanks for reinforcing my statement as I have on another thread....

India is a natural leader....similar to China....due to its sheer size, resources, population, etc.....

At the end of the day, the greatest resource known to man has always been Human capital....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom