What's new

India was mulling over an idea of offering Pak an economic bailout package

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hobo1

Reaction score
India was mulling over an idea of offering Pakistan an economic bailout package worth two billion dollars: Dr V P Vaidik

Dr Vaidik tried to convince the audience that the people of India did not want to eliminate Pakistan, as India was not against the existence of Pakistan

The future of relations between Pakistan and India hinges on the future of the Kashmir issue. This was the conclusion of the talk, “The future of Pak-India relations”, given by Dr V P Vaidik, Chairman for Indian Foreign Policy and an ex-editor of The Times of India. On the evening of June 1, the talk was delivered at the 29th session of Pakistan Visionary Forum, which is a think tank of the Engineers Co-operative Housing Society commonly known as TECH Society, Lahore.

Second, Dr Vaidik revealed to the audience that just before the Mumbai attacks in 2008, India was mulling over an idea of offering Pakistan an economic bailout package worth two billion dollars.:what: The Mumbai attacks militated against that idea before it could be transformed into a peace initiative. This point shows that there is willingness in the political circles of India to improve bilateral ties with Pakistan by gestures that obviate the possibility of any war in the future. Mr Sharif can cash in on the same feelings, if these still exist, to buy electricity from India to alleviate Pakistan’s energy crisis immediately. This point attains more relevance if Pakistan faces problems in continuing with the gas pipeline project with Iran. However, if Pakistan can import energy from both Iran and India simultaneously, it may come out of the current energy crisis quicker than expected.

This V P Vaidik happens to be a respected journalist so this story cannot be some fluke. What was Sonia and congress party thinking when they came up this brilliant idea of providing 2 billion dollars package to nation which since it's inception has been conspiring against us.

Sonia Mata's very own MNREGA for the Pakistanis or a very desperate congressi attempt to buy minority votes or was at time India contemplating to join Jizya paying club of Western nations to Pakistan.
Me think the electricity that Pakistan may get from India could be totally free and part of that economic bailout package.
So Pakistanis would be getting free electricity when many Indian state are reeling under huge power cuts.

To me it is Bull Sh!t....... India offering 2 billion bail out to pakistan.... that too when we have a coalition government in centre with all tom dick harry as their coalition parters?????? You got to be kidding

Btw : I just checked the date its not April 1st

Not happening ,this news is out only as a political gesture me thinks.

Not happening ,this news is out only as a political gesture me thinks.

I also felt so.... May be someone working to reduce the number of likely seats of congress further down......Otherwise it is Cr@p

Pakistan wouldn't certainly not be asked to pay for electricity in advance and then pakistan would ask for some time to make payments and finally Pak electricity bill would be written off . This would be congressi course of action and this move would really go down very well with IM.
This can also be viewed as Jizya being paid by India, like western countries do to Pakistan to keep their Jihaaadi groups in check.

I support Dr. Ved Pratap Vaidik views on foreign policy and if he disclosed this news then probably true.

Not surprising. India has a monetary program of some sort running in Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Afghanistan and Myanmar to list just the immediate neighborhood. In fact, I strongly suspect that the Pakistani bonhomie of late is actually an attempt to milk the Indians of some of the money we've been throwing around.

And they will succeed in all probability.

Musharaf was thinking about giving India Free toilet for all the toilet-less public but then Cargil happened

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom