What's new

India vs Pakistan - Evaluation on Military Strengths

TL, is there a reference material about the 70% assets somewhere. ?

Now that's funny.

Hey, ask this from your 8 IBGs and those operational airbases which borders Pakistan.

pretty old article,a lots of change happened to both the nation's,its economies and military

at the time the article was written Pakistan was not crippled this much by WoT,India had not even issued the tender for the oldest running one,MMRCA,Nuke deal was still not signed,numerous deals,numerous changes,so this is not enough to discuss current scenario

Blah, blah, blah..

Care to educate us how these 'advancement' change the status quo? And that Pakistan still is priority one on indian mind?

Now that's funny.

Hey, ask this from your 8 IBGs and those operational airbases which borders Pakistan.

Were you attempting to respond to my question.. Asking since it didnt look like that..

The bold word defines it all. Their is a difference between will and has.:rolleyes:

I agree they should have selected the AIP from the start but the new tender for the project 75I will have this feature. Lets not forgot when Pakistan inducted it's subs they did not come with AIP (even though the technology was not present then) ;) these things can be added on later and perhaps earn more kickbacks for the defence fat cats who will milk anything that moves.

Now that's funny.

Not that much funny,Considering the weapons we are buying/producing nowadays ther is more truth in it that you can imagine.

We are buying some 140 ultra light howitzers with the explicit purpose to equip the two new mountain divisions that are being raised,new Para militaries like Arunachal Scouts being raised,new airbases being built all over the North east,Su-30 MKI being transferred to bases in Tezpur (Assam) and Jorhat (Assam), new ALGs being built and existing ones being upgraded, road and rail infra being built,new Strategic heavy lift Aircrafts like C-17s to drastically reduce troop deployment time,MRCA more often cited to be based in the Eastern Command,development of Agni 3,5 etc etc.

Yes,the Western Frontier remains the topmost priority,but that is slowly yet surely changing with priority being given to the Eastern Front.

Not sure that is true when Scorpene submarines are more advanced compared to Pakistans Agosta-70 subs and also now India will get Akula 2 nuclear sub from Russia on lease considered the most silent among current nuclear submarines.

When it comes to a 'better army' India is going to implement INSAS Futuristic Infantry Soldier As a System.

Oh man give me a break!

i am hearing about this 'implementation' since i was a kid. Man, i await that day i would stand up against an indian soldier wearing F-INSAS - i wish i stay alive till that day dawns.

i have also heard 'lots' of other things that so ambitious india is planning to do, but then we dont see much happening on ground.

BTW, just a reminder, since both of us gain independence whenever india had 'implemented' anything a potent response was presented by our side within days (the missiles, Nukes, cruises etc etc). Let's see if this time you people can quantum leap us!!

I agree they should have selected the AIP from the start but the new tender for the project 75I will have this feature. Lets not forgot when Pakistan inducted it's subs they did not come with AIP (even though the technology was not present then) ;) these things can be added on later and perhaps earn more kickbacks for the defence fat cats who will milk anything that moves.

2 more MESMA AIP by 2011!

:)

Last edited:
Oh man give me a break!

i am hearing about this 'implementation' since i was a kid. Man, i await that day i would stand up against an indian soldier wearing F-INSAS - i wish i stay alive till that day dawns.

i have also heard 'lots' of other things that so ambitious india is planning to do, but then we dont see much happening on ground.

BTW, just a reminder, since both of us gain independence whenever india had 'implemented' anything a potent response was presented by our side within days (the missiles, Nukes, cruises etc etc). Let's see if this time you people can quantum leap us!!

india , in fact has been technologically inferior in the past ......it had superior numbers however.

in both the 1965 and 1971 wars ,india had inferior technology.

things had changed at the time of kargil ,in india's favour.

today india has both technological and numerical superiority .....though the tech superiority is not decisive.

No i dont think so...Just two weapons India has implemented that Pakistan doesnt have - Nuke submarine,Supersonic cruise missile

Oh man give me a break!

I think you have already been quantum leaped. In economy that is. That allows India to buy stuff at will without wondering where the money is going to come from. At the end of it, a bought rifles kills just as well as a indegenously built one.

Not that much funny,Considering the weapons we are buying/producing nowadays ther is more truth in it that you can imagine.

We are buying some 140 ultra light howitzers with the explicit purpose to equip the two new mountain divisions that are being raised,new Para militaries like Arunachal Scouts being raised,new airbases being built all over the North east,Su-30 MKI being transferred to bases in Tezpur (Assam) and Jorhat (Assam), new ALGs being built and existing ones being upgraded, road and rail infra being built,new Strategic heavy lift Aircrafts like C-17s to drastically reduce troop deployment time,MRCA more often cited to be based in the Eastern Command etc etc.

Post # 39

Or may be can talk when the 'being done' changes into 'had been done'

Yes,the Western Frontier remains the topmost priority,but that is slowly yest surely changing with priority being given to the Eastern Front.

See, smoking less everyday doesnt imply that you have quit smoking. Again, the day you leave smoking isnt counted as if you have left smoking. The day you say, 'well it has been years since i last smoked', may be seen as a step towards the quitting process, or else you are fooling nobody but yourself!

P.S. There is no BS like quitting slowly, you either quit or smoke (less)

It's quite an old article. The data is also very old. We are entering 2011 now. India is slowly and slowly shifting its focus towards China and Pakistan is gradually disappearing from India's security radar.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: GO AND WATCH UR MEDIA TODAY, ONLY THING ON THERE MIND IS PAKISTAN FOR SECURITY.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom