Votes: 33 67.3%
  • England

Votes: 16 32.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Punjabbi Munda

Reaction score
After playing smaller teams in their opening ICC Cricket World Cup matches, both sides face their first real test on February 27 at the M Chinnaswamy Stadium for a high-voltage Group B encounter. The biggest worry, though, will be rain, which is predicted for Sunday.

England almost embarrassed themselves against a determined Netherlands in their first game. However, MS Dhoni will take them lightly at his peril.

India and England have won three matches apiece in their Cup face-offs so far.

However, India emerged victors when the two sides last met (of course outside the ICC CWC) at the same venue in 2008. In a rain-curtailed affair, Dhoni's boys won the match via Duckworth-Lewis method.

Overall, the hosts have dominated over the years, leading England 38-30 in 70 ties played so far.

Although India’s resounding win against Bangladesh in their opening clash was an auspicious start, Dhoni and the Indian think-tank will still need to attend to some outstanding concerns.

Their fielding needs a serious shake-up. Against Bangladesh, they may not have had to pay any price for their slipshod act, it would prove costly against Andrew Strauss’s men.

England, on the other hand, have critical worries too. Their bowling and fielding were lacklustre against Netherlands. The commitment seemed amiss. The likes of strike bowler James Anderson and Stuart Broad looked extremely ineffective. It appeared they were unwilling to bend their arms.

However, England skipper Andrew Strauss has refused to read much into their performance against the Dutch. When asked about how the English bowling will fare against, perhaps, the best batting line-up in the world, Strauss stressed: “We’ll have to get rid of (Virender) Sehwag early on. If he gets going, it’s going to be difficult for us. However, we are confident that we have the depth to challenge the Indian batting.”

The stage is set for a mouth-watering clash, provided rain-gods refrain from being party-poopers!

Approaching milestones

- Virender Sehwag (973 at an average of 37.42 in 26 matches) requires 27 runs to become the third Indian to complete 1,000 runs against England. Sachin Tendulkar (1335) and Yuvraj Singh (1129) are the only two Indians with 1,000 runs or more against England.

- In case of an Indian win, it will be their 50th under Gary Kirsten. At present, India's records under him reads - Played: 81, Won: 49 Lost: 28 and NR:4 Winning % 63.63.

- Andrew Strauss (3959 at an average of 35.34 in 121 matches) needs 41 runs to complete his 4,000 runs in ODIs.

- Kevin Pietersen (483 at 53.66) needs 17 runs to complete his 500 runs in the ICC Cricket World Cup.

- Harbhajan Singh (247) needs three wickets to complete his 250 wickets in ODIs.

TEAMS:

India (from): MS Dhoni (captain, wkt), V Sehwag, SR Tendulkar, G Gambhir, V Kohli, YK Pathan, Y Singh, H Singh, Z Khan, S Sreesanth, MM Patel, R Ashwin, PP Chawla, SK Raina, A Nehra

England (from): AJ Strauss (captain), KP Pietersen, IJL Trott, IR Bell, PD Collingwood, MJ Prior (wkt), MH Yardy, TT Bresnan, SCJ Broad, GP Swann, JM Anderson, RS Bopara, A Shahzad

I think we will see 2 spinners.. and Sreesanth axed for the tommorow's game!

If they play Sreesanth tomorrow,i ll throw my TV down the drain..:hang2:

---------- Post added at 10:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 PM ----------

Match starts tomorrow:2:30 pm IST.

If they play Sreesanth tomorrow,i ll throw my TV down the drain..:hang2:

---------- Post added at 10:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 PM ----------

Match starts tomorrow:2:30 pm IST.

Piyush or Ashwin?

---------- Post added at 10:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 PM ----------

13 from 2?????????????????

I too wish not to see sreesanth in tomorrow's match and also raina should get a chance in place of yuvraj.

hhahaha,u opened new front now.
my bet is on india,my heart says this......

I too wish not to see sreesanth in tomorrow's match and also raina should get a chance in place of yuvraj.

Anyway Sreesanth is not in good books of Dhoni so expect ashwin or piyush chawla for tommorow.. But beware of Kevin pieterson.

Piyush or Ashwin?

---------- Post added at 10:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 PM ----------

13 from 2?????????????????
I would go with Piyush,We already have Bhajji as the off spinner,besides Piyush can bat,no doubt Ashwin can also bat,but i feel leg spinner and off spinner combination would sit good.Another point is that Bangalore was a very good batting pitch,so Ashwin could be taken,considering he can bat well than Piyush and he is a very good spinner anyways..
Both have equal chances for me.

Anyway Sreesanth is not in good books of Dhoni so expect ashwin or piyush chawla for tommorow.. But beware of Kevin pieterson.

yes..he is the danger man...but I guess our team is good enough to tackle him. just the top order needs to click like the last match and the job's done.

I would go with Piyush,We already have Bhajji as the off spinner,besides Piyush can bat,no doubt Ashwin can also bat,but i feel leg spinner and off spinner combination would sit good.Another point is that Bangalore was a very good batting pitch,so Ashwin could be taken,considering he can bat well than Piyush and he is a very good spinner anyways..
Both have equal chances for me.

News is that nehra has been bowling good in nets ... so it can also be nehra...

whats the status of Nehra, is he still nursing injury?

onnum ellealum naatukaaralle? Puli naale kalikum nookiko, prathyega puja vare nadthiyitundakum..

onnum ellealum naatukaaralle? Puli naale kalikum nookiko, prathyega puja vare nadthiyitundakum..

Wont happen.. if yes Dhoni will be booed in blore.

Chattan seva onnum ini nadakilla...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom