What's new

India uses UN report on Sri Lanka to assert its interests

But India CAN impose economic sanctions on Sri Lanka, which is the gist of my point. India is the third largest destination of Sri Lankan exports and the largest source of it's imports. China is no where as important to Sri Lanka as India.

Yes, Yes, that what we want India’s sanctions on us…..

Then we can react, Colombo always expected India to move against us first in the past, present and future will be also same…..

Let’s see about so called India’s sanctions…

Yes, yes we can. And being a bigger country, India can also maintain a crackdown on Sri Lanka if they decide to cause too much trouble :coffee:

Any future intervention by India in Sri Lanka will have a large negative impact….

Do you think experts in your foreign ministry, will listen to negative ideas of some people….

Any future intervention by India in Sri Lanka will have a large negative impact….

Do you think experts in your foreign ministry, will listen to negative ideas of some people….

No, no I don't. If a rat enters your house, you don't burn down the entire house. Similarly....

Lankan dude, don't worry about these saffron boys. They are upset their pet snake was killed by you guys. I mean they should be upset, LTTE kicked the mighty India out, but got owned by SL army.

When it comes to fight, these guys will run away faster then anybody else.

So by going your logic…….

The point, however, remains that Cuba, thanks to its close geographical proximity to USA, will be ever more reliant on USA and USA's assent…..

It didn’t happen…….
You do realize what happened during the Cuban missile crisis right? Cuban waters were blockaded by US warships and Soviets were made to pack up their stuff. America enjoyed geographical proximity and unchallenged naval might near its home waters.
Any threat to Indian interests near its home waters maybe dealt in the same way and there is nothing Sri Lanka or China can do about it. I want India to have good relations with Sri Lanka but back stabbing won't be tolerated.

If you see the video they are attacking the soldiers with rocks which is a crime so they are not innocent.

Lankan dude, don't worry about these saffron boys. They are upset their pet snake was killed by you guys. I mean they should be upset, LTTE kicked the mighty India out, but got owned by SL army.

When it comes to fight, these guys will run away faster then anybody else.

Says a Bangladeshi whose ancestor's as* we saved in 1971 when the Pakistanis were kicking their but* and raping them all over the place.
Another thankless loser from our East .

About LTTE , if India had not wanted LTTE would never have been finished .

You do realize what happened during the Cuban missile crisis right? Cuban waters were blockaded by US warships and Soviets were made to pack up their stuff. America enjoyed geographical proximity and unchallenged naval might near its home waters.
Any threat to Indian interests near its home waters maybe dealt in the same way and there is nothing Sri Lanka or China can do about it. I want India to have good relations with Sri Lanka but back stabbing won't be tolerated.
Some Indian's creating problems to us. Not Sri Lankan's creating problems to your country. Even we were in the the final stage of signing the cepa deal. So dont create problems to us.

Srilanka got Indian support to defeat LTTE with the clear understanding that they would devolve some form of autonomy to Tamil areas. They need to understand that if they do not act and build consensus on this issue ( in their own interest) , UN report will be used by tamil politicians to again raise issue and garner support for another movement.

Be wise......use the opportunity to kill the issue , once and for all......................there will not be a second time again you see.

You see the issue is not as simple and easy, but with defeat of LTTE, current Srilankan govt has uper-hand.

In case they go back on their words, they will find :-
1) EU & other western countries will continue opposing at every forum.
2) Indian Tamils will build pressure on Indian Govt to intervene in Srilankan matters, whether the Govt will do or not is a separate matter, but for public consumption, will keep on sending bureaucrats to Srilanka.

Coming on to the way the defeat of LTTE was acheived, world is stunned that even followers of Buddha can beat Hitler and company.

And yes, China can do nothing in the matter if India decides to intervene.

One country can be bigger in its size, but it doesn't mean it can control the region or its neighbours. Both are just two countries in our world map.;)

Back
Top Bottom