What's new

India uses UN report on Sri Lanka to assert its interests

New Delhi more worried about LTTE separatist activities inside india then any other places. We already detained and arrested many people to keep the separatist activites in south india to a stop. Even the recent visit by the indian team to Colombo also to discuss these issue's.

I am from South India. Name the organizations to which the the arrested people belong. My state Kerala doesn't have any separatist organizations nor Tamil Nadu, Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh. Apart from some Naxal areas in AP, the whole of south faces no insurgency.

Even at the height of LTTE's power there was no support for secession of TN from Indian Union. India supported SL in crushing LTTE as they could have become a rogue state and a disturbed neighbourhood is not good for India's aspirations to become a major power . Now it seems that was a mistake.

When has any teeny meeny country like Bangladesh , or Pakistan or Sri Lanka been able to make India piss in its pants ?
It is probably a dream you wake up with every morning , but it is a dream you will die with as well . It shall always remain a dream .Be thankful that our country has shown some resilience toward your 4th world country ( A term coined specially for Bangladesh :lol:) when you were harbouring the ULFA terrorists otherwise the consequences could have been bad . I can kind of now understand why the Pakistanis went berserk over you guys in 71 , they must have had to deal with people like you. should have just let them continue .

Don't compare yourself to Sri Lanka, they are above your pay scale. You got your butt kicked by LTTE that you TRAINED. You are not ready to join the Major League yet.

Indian Govt would have to do nothing other than telling IN to keep a blind eye on activities in Palk Straits and there would be speed boats after speed boats rushing towards SL carrying material, ammunition & supplies for Tamil Separatists. Even now there are enough ex-LTTE fighters in SL and hardcore supporters in Tamil Nadu to start the insurgency all over again.

So its up to SL to pass the so called 13 th ammendment as early as possible or else you will have another insurgency in your hands.

What are you trying to achieve by threatening him ? India is a peaceful country and will never want to create any trouble for a peaceful neighbor like Sri Lanka. If they dont like us, it's their choice. Just let it be. Sri Lanka can kiss whoever's backside they want to. This guy is just trying to piss off the Indian members on the forum and you're falling for it.

So by going your logic…….

The point, however, remains that Cuba, thanks to its close geographical proximity to USA, will be ever more reliant on USA and USA's assent…..

It didn’t happen…….
Have you read about the Cuban missile crisis? The Soviets(outside power) were made to pack up their stuff and leave by the United States due to close proximity of Cuba to mainland USA and US naval might. Cuba was blockaded.

In case of Sri Lanka, there is nothing China can do if Sri lanka indulges in activities harming Indian security or interests if India decides to take action in its own backyard. This is due to Indian proximity and Naval supremacy in waters around Lanka. I want India to have good relations with Sri lanka but back stabbing won't be tolerated.

What are you trying to achieve by threatening him ? India is a peaceful country and will never want to create any trouble for a peaceful neighbor like Sri Lanka. If they dont like us, it's their choice. Just let it be. Sri Lanka can kiss whoever's backside they want to. This guy is just trying to piss off the Indian members on the forum and you're falling for it.

So , according to you SL should go on discriminating against the Tamil minority. I'm a Keralite, but I fully support the Tamil Struggle against oppression in SL. After seeing the Channel 4 documentary, I feel ashamed that India being the largest power in the region did nothing to stop the suffering of the Tamil civilians. We could have atleast air dropped some food and water on these suffering masses left without any supplies and being repeatedly bombed by SL army. I brokedown when I saw the naked dead bodies of women who were shot after being brutally raped and then loaded on to the lorries. India can never wash off this blood from our hands as we were also partners in this crime.

So if India even cannot get the 13th ammendment passed we better stop calling ourselves emerging power. I want equal rights and peace for Tamils in SL by hook or by crook.

So , according to you SL should go on discriminating against the Tamil minority. I'm a Keralite, but I fully support the Tamil Struggle against oppression in SL. After seeing the Channel 4 documentary, I feel ashamed that India being the largest power in the region did nothing to stop the suffering of the Tamil civilians. We could have atleast air dropped some food and water on these suffering masses left without any supplies and being repeatedly bombed by SL army. I brokedown when I saw the naked dead bodies of women who were shot after being brutally raped and then loaded on to the lorries. India can never wash off this blood from our hands as we were also partners in this crime.

So if India even cannot get the 13th ammendment passed we better stop calling ourselves emerging power. I want equal rights and peace for Tamils in SL by hook or by crook.

Every Sri Lankan has equal rights, mate! Why you're mentioning India? It's not Indian government failure. Sri Lankan citizens belongs to Sri Lanka.

Don't compare yourself to Sri Lanka, they are above your pay scale. You got your butt kicked by LTTE that you TRAINED. You are not ready to join the Major League yet.

Bangladesh should shut up , even war torn Afghanistan can beat them in a war . Don't talk to me , please my neck is hurting looking down trying to talk to you already .

About Sri lanka , their per capita income is higher than us but the different is not as much as India and Bangladesh :lol:

About LTTE , yes we could not beat them because we were fighting them in their own territory not familiar to us and we were not allowed to stay for longer by the Lankan government. Yes you are right we trained them , you see this is what Indian training can do , brings the best out of you like it did with LTTE .Bangladesh should learn .:D

---------- Post added at 04:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:01 PM ----------

True, but is BD ready to join third world from 4th world. I heard you are the only member of that 'prestigious' league.

A term coined specially for Bangladesh - 4th world.

True, but is BD ready to join third world from 4th world. I heard you are the only member of that 'prestigious' league.

I don't like if anyone use these "3rd world, 4th world? " words, these words use by some western media and people towards to us, again they're talking about same rights of all humans around the world. it's just a joke and you're laughing to yourself.

Every Sri Lankan has equal rights, mate! Why you're mentioning India? It's not Indian government failure. Sri Lankan citizens belongs to Sri Lanka.

Ok when you are getting SL Tamil refugees geting back from all over the world? Including from TN

Ok when you are getting SL Tamil refugees geting back from all over the world? Including from TN

Yep, Sri Lanka has already invited all of the Sri Lankans to return back. Some Tamils who were on camps in TN have already returned, may be bit slowly but it's happening in this moment!

Yep, Sri Lanka has already invited all of the Sri Lankans to return back. Some Tamils who were on camps in TN have already returned, may be bit slowly but it's happening in this moment!

There is any official resoultion for this in the parliment?or just political statement?

lol india wants UN resoultion implemented?lol have a second thought about implementing UN resolutions because if you do the same you will lose kashmir and jammu.lol go back to what u do the best blame game

There is any official resoultion for this in the parliment?or just political statement?

Our parliament discuss these matters earlier times, Also Sri Lankan President has made a statement about it few times. UN also helping returning Tamils who were on TN camps.

I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings. Just because we are a bigger and more powerful country does not mean we can force them into accepting something they dont want to. That will only make them despise us. I haven't seen the images, but I know that war is evil. Indian leadership is too weak to do anything in such matters. They are afraid to face any criticism and dont have what it takes to take bold action. Sri Lanka knows that they are gonna stay where they are, and India's influence will only keep getting stronger. No matter how much they sing about China, they know they cannot get on the wrong side with India. Besides, you are going to get nothing out of threatening a couple of Sri Lankans on a defence forum. If those clips were broadcasted in the media at that time perhaps public opinion would have forced our leaders to allow our forces to intervene on humanitarian grounds.

Back
Top Bottom