What's new

India tops U.S. green card by citizenship country list in 2013

More competition in India,for example it is much easier to get admission in best college of US than good college in India.
Why Indians want to leave shining India so bad...

We have large number of professionals so 34K is not going to make any difference.

I view it big loss of India, isn't it?

Congratulations! I didn't realize how far ahead India is in the list.

I cannot believe the tiny little South Korea has almost as many immigrants as China, lol. Don't know the reason why South Koreans would immigrate to U.S.

Rank Citizenship Country Green Card Petitions Average Salary
1 India 34,490 $97,578
2 China 3,782 $89,061
3 South Korea 3,390 $69,680
4 Canada 3,057 $112,597
5 Philippines 2,016 $67,960
6 Mexico 1,733 $66,561
7 United Kingdom 923 $120,755
8 Taiwan 866 $76,015
9 Pakistan 818 $106,955
10 Japan 659 $79,336
11 Turkey 558 $84,710
12 Nepal 519 $90,414

Top Green Card Sponsor by Citizenship Country : 2013 Green Card Reports | MyVisaJobs.com

No surprise here.

1: India is a shiza hole of a country if there ever was one

2: India is also the 2nd most populous country in the world, with 4x the population of the US

The people which built Japan, the UK, Korea, etc. do not want to immigrate in such large numbers because they already have a prosperous and successful nation. Note how, even though China and Korea are 2nd and 3rd, respectively, they don't even make up 1/5th of the Indian immigrants.

In fact, I believe there were more Green Card petitions from India than the rest of the world COMBINED.

Average salary of Pakistanis applying for green cars is six figures?!

Pakistanis here are either wealthy or middle class. Often times middle class Pakistanis do not sponsor their relatives because GOTUS will not allow the migration if the guarantor is deemed too borderline to take care of themselves let alone others. That is why often rich Pakistanis will sponsor other Pakistanis. Case in point my uncle makes 250k+ USD yearly and has sponsored quite a few non family members. I forget the procedure but its pretty simple.

Pakistanis has average salary greater than Indians even they are large in quantity........................"This is what we say, we don't believe in qty, but on quality."...............:azn:

Any proofs?

I doubt the figures. nearly ten times of what Chinese are issued. More Chinese (or nearly equal) come to USA than Indians .
I checked some other list of green cards issued for 2011. It showed some 143446(Mexico), PRC(87000), India(69000).

Yes, the numbers fluctuate on a year to year basis.

Pakistanis in U.S should do more to invest back home. The burden of Pakistan's remittances is on those residing in Saudi Arabia, UAE, and U.K. I'm sure most of these people don't earn in six figures.

I cannot speak for all American Pakistanis but the vast majority I know do send money back albeit through foundations like Eidi etc. To invest directly into Pakistan is seen as a waste unfortunately at least that is the vibe I get from many of my Pakistani friends including my own family members who all feel the money will just be looted. Until Pakistan gets a better governmental approach when it comes to corruption expect us to continue to withhold our money.

Pakistanis here are either wealthy or middle class. Often times middle class Pakistanis do not sponsor their relatives because GOTUS will not allow the migration if the guarantor is deemed too borderline to take care of themselves let alone others. That is why often rich Pakistanis will sponsor other Pakistanis. Case in point my uncle makes 250k+ USD yearly and has sponsored quite a few non family members. I forget the procedure but its pretty simple.

How can you sponsor a non family member? Isn't sponsorship for family members only?

Pakistanis in U.S should do more to invest back home. The burden of Pakistan's remittances is on those residing in Saudi Arabia, UAE, and U.K. I'm sure most of these people don't earn in six figures.

Remittances are a choice, not a burden or duty. But you are right that more investment in Pakistan should be done, but there should be created the right environment in Pakistan to be able to do that.

How can you sponsor a non family member? Isn't sponsorship for family members only?

I am not sure of the procedure but it has been done I know that for 100% fact. I will ask my uncle later today and get back to you on how he did it.

I am not sure of the procedure but it has been done I know that for 100% fact. I will ask my uncle later today and get back to you on how he did it.

Sure. thanks. Sponsorship for non family member is usually via the offer of a job by a company or university I think, but your uncle would know better.

Sure. thanks. Sponsorship for non family member is usually via the offer of a job by a company or university I think, but your uncle would know better.

Yea he did it as a family friend (I just asked my mom :P). The logic being when you sponsor someone you are taking responsibility for them financially until they get a stable job so as long as you are willing to do so you may.

I view it big loss of India, isn't it?

Do not worry friend India has a very huge pool of skilled man power. They will come back. In ahmedabad, we are having an excellent Hospital called Krishna Heart hospital. All the doctors of the hospitals are the one who has come back to INDIA from US. My brother and his wife came back from UK. It is not one way like it used to be few years back. Most of our IT people do not prefer to stay abroad. They earn some money and come back.I have a lots of friends who had been to Europe or US for some time and have come back now.

India is losing its best talent to western countries.

It was that way till now.

But technically, this one way traffic is reducing.

If many are going, many of the established ones are returning as well.

Though many of them don't like it here, they get accustomed and bring a new outlook that is much needed in India.

The working style, the knowledge in tech, the professional attitude etc.

So it is a gain in a way that many are also returning after years of valuable experience.

Back
Top Bottom