What's new

India tops U.S. green card by citizenship country list in 2013

Not sure if you know how difficult it is for Pakistanis to get citizenship/green card in the States. This is why the only few to get in are the ones who have very high salaries.

I acted as an interpreter (for only one session) for a recently married Pakistani man (the wife was India born, but US citizen) who was a already a Canadian citizen earning 100K+. He has been on hold for two years now.

If you really want the clearer picture, look at it like this - To compensate for the diminished chances of getting citizenship owing to the background, people show higher income. So while it is a little difficult for Indians to get in, they do earn a lot, and in large numbers. And not even 1% of them want to come back to India.

It is just extremely difficult for Pakistanis these days. Not as difficult for Muslims from other nations, specifically Pakistanis.

The income is clearly reported on tax returns residents file every year. There is no showing other than actual reporting.

Congratulations! I didn't realize how far ahead India is in the list.

I cannot believe the tiny little South Korea has almost as many immigrants as China, lol. Don't know the reason why South Koreans would immigrate to U.S.

Rank Citizenship Country Green Card Petitions Average Salary
1 India 34,490 $97,578
2 China 3,782 $89,061
3 South Korea 3,390 $69,680
4 Canada 3,057 $112,597
5 Philippines 2,016 $67,960
6 Mexico 1,733 $66,561
7 United Kingdom 923 $120,755
8 Taiwan 866 $76,015
9 Pakistan 818 $106,955
10 Japan 659 $79,336
11 Turkey 558 $84,710
12 Nepal 519 $90,414

Top Green Card Sponsor by Citizenship Country : 2013 Green Card Reports | MyVisaJobs.com

Me too, also Im surprised seeing Japan at all. Well, better for the US I guess, if they come from more developed nations.

Pakistanis has average salary greater than Indians even they are large in quantity........................"This is what we say, we don't believe in qty, but on quality."...............:azn:

I can understand why Pakistanis are applying for Green Card, but what is the reason for Indians fleeing their shupa pawa shinning india? probably rescuing their daughters from inherent rape threat.

I can understand why Pakistanis are applying for Green Card, but what is the reason for Indians fleeing their shupa pawa shinning india? probably rescuing their daughters from inherent rape threat.

Better quality of living, education, income, health, and welcome from American universities and companies who are ready to give jobs to us.

Pakistanis has average salary greater than Indians even they are large in quantity........................"This is what we say, we don't believe in qty, but on quality."...............:azn:

Last time I checked Indians in America have highest household income than any other community. Pakistanis were no way near.

Why Indians want to leave shining India so bad...

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$:nana:

Congratulations! I didn't realize how far ahead India is in the list.

I cannot believe the tiny little South Korea has almost as many immigrants as China, lol. Don't know the reason why South Koreans would immigrate to U.S.

Rank Citizenship Country Green Card Petitions Average Salary
1 India 34,490 $97,578
2 China 3,782 $89,061
3 South Korea 3,390 $69,680
4 Canada 3,057 $112,597
5 Philippines 2,016 $67,960
6 Mexico 1,733 $66,561
7 United Kingdom 923 $120,755
8 Taiwan 866 $76,015
9 Pakistan 818 $106,955
10 Japan 659 $79,336
11 Turkey 558 $84,710
12 Nepal 519 $90,414

India on top?? Well thanks to all the major indian IT companies such as WIPRO, TCS, Infosys, for having their onshore sites and offices in the US...now the said companies are even considering to pass a memo to sponsor US Green Card for its employees...

Ithna difference b nahi hai yaar. I mean if you take the ratios.

accha theek hai,,,fir padhe likhe logon ka difference hoga,,,,

" Ye Dil Maange More "

Why Indians want to leave shining India so bad...

35 times population? No.

Pakistan is about 200 million, India is about 1.2 billion, so about six times. Not thirtyfive times.

India mein jagah ki kami hai,,,so may be ,,,,tum bhi aajaao goni bhar ke ,,,wahan sab saat hi rehte hai..:smitten:

I view it big loss of India, isn't it?

Definitely...these are major chunk of software engineers and also students who have gone to pursue their higher studies...most of them are lured by dollars...well to think of this...who is not?? :cheesy specially when the Indian Rupee is making such a big fall in the current scenario...

This is called Pure trolling...

Average salary of Pakistanis applying for green cars is six figures?!

Pakistanis in U.S should do more to invest back home. The burden of Pakistan's remittances is on those residing in Saudi Arabia, UAE, and U.K. I'm sure most of these people don't earn in six figures.

Pakistanis in U.S should do more to invest back home. The burden of Pakistan's remittances is on those residing in Saudi Arabia, UAE, and U.K. I'm sure most of these people don't earn in six figures.

There's a difference, mate.

Your and my conutrymen in Middle East are not given nationality, guaranteed social security and other benefits that these countries offer, allowing our expatriates to integrate with the western societies. After suffering for years to come up in their lives in their home countries, when these people see the benefits and the opportunities that western nations offer with open arms, they feel more wanted and respected there.

So tell me, why will anyone want to come back and invest in either your or my country?

I am talking about Pakistan and India both here.

Take the example of a brilliant Software engineer from either of these countries. He has scored excellent in his academics and is dedicated to making it big in life, but is a straight-forward person who wants ambition but is not good at the crooked ways of coming up in our countries.

He works hard in either of the countries, day and night, for a petty salary (compared to the West) and a promotion vetted by envious seniors, politicizing rivals and egoistic grudges of the company bosses. His ideas are useful for the company but his senior takes these ideas and forwards it to the management as his own and takes the credit. To further demotivate, he doesn't even appreciate this employee and continues to harrow this young hard working man.

Now in his salary, this man has to take care of his family, has NO social security, has NO government benefits, has NO safety guarantee, has NO law system that can correctly address his problem (law is there but it is eternally late). Plus, the costs of food, electricity, property, water etc is touching sky high while he has to grind his @$$ and even fight for what rights he should have.

Fed up, this guy gets frustrated but is not out yet. He collects his savings, searches for a job in US or some European country. The HR guys here don't see his face. They don't see what is his caste or community (HR practises there are better no matter how people are on the streets). They see his talent and what he knows.... they offer him a job which pays him multiple times over what he gets here. His corporate rights are strong. He is not over-worked by egoistic managers and jealous colleagues (not as much as in our countries).

He takes the offer and with his talent, makes it big in the foreign land.

He has his rights and he has successfully utilized them to perform to his optimum.

Tell me... after this, what affiliation or love he will have for his country of origin that didn't let him be what he wanted to be?

Sorry for the long example but it is the story of many Indians/ Pakistanis who have made it big in US or Europe.

Back
Top Bottom