What's new

India top seller of Beef

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cow slaughter is banned in 6 states, allowed under specefic restrictions in 14 states and unrestricted in 4 states.

What is the meat export policy of beef vis a vis India?

India to become largest beef exporter - Indian Express

India is likely to become the world's largest beef (buffalo meat) exporter by 2013 as there is consistent demand from price sensitive importers, primarily in Southeast Asia, Middle East and Africa, USDA has said.
It does not say about cow....

It is not cow. It is a price sensitive export of a price sensitive meat. How else do you get beef biryani for 40 to 80 bucks while chicken biryani costs 150 and mutton 180? Even egg biryani is minimum 100 bucks.

Very very selective quantities and shipments. The bulk is buffalo.

Cheaper buffalo meat helps double beef exports in 3 years - Business Line

The forecast is by the United States Department of Agriculture in its April 2012 Livestock and Poultry: World Markets and Trade newsletter. It so happens the USDA counts buffalo meat as a variety of beef (it uses a term, which I have never heard before, “carabeef” for “deboned frozen buffalo meat”). India’s official exports are all buffalo. Strictly speaking, India is the world’s largest exporter of buffalo/beef – and it now exports so much it has overtaken Australia, the world’s biggest exporter of beef.

GOI does not permit cow meat (ox yes) exports it seems.

Personally I prefer pork. Even over mutton in red meats. Though it has to be cleaned and cooked carefully, and is pretty fattening as well. I loooooooove bacon and eggs man. Now I am really hungry.

animal-fats-bacon-and-eggs.jpg

Personally I prefer pork. Even over mutton in red meats. Though it has to be cleaned and cooked carefully, and is pretty fattening as well. I loooooooove bacon and eggs man. Now I am really hungry.

Pork chops charbroiled my fav, good for men....

BTW, yr article also said this:

Since slaughter of cow is banned

India ranks first in world buffalo population, with 56.5% i.e. 94.1 million of buffalo population and one-sixth of goat population in the world. India also ranks first in milk production with over 100 million tonnes a year. The country is also fifth in egg production with over 1.6 million tonnes, while it is ninth in the number of poultry.

India produces an estimated 1.5 million tonnes of buffalo meat annually, of which 24% is exported. Even as per the latest census of 2003 there was a growth of 7.5% of buffalo livestock during the previous five years. The buffalo meat export industry has grown well.

I dont discriminate food on religious lines, and besides, I dont want to betray my taste buds.....

If its taste bud/olfactory friendly, it crosses my teeth without hesitation.

My lord please end all humans who eats animals.... Please my lord tryambakam open your 3rd eye and release cosmic energy to burn evil human beings....
@on topic.... No wonder why india has high number of deaths. Farmers who suicide in huge number are bad karmics who using chemical to protect crops and by doing so they weakning indians immune system.... no wonder why we see murders, bomb blast and rapes (crimes) in huge numbers not only in india but around world. More so in china, south africa, brazil, mexico, usa, uk, aus, russia, pakistan, bangladesh, burma, indonesia, japan etc etc. my research shows people who eats nonveg dies horribly. i can give u so much evidence but is it worth it? Evil human beings.... My last reply in this thread.... cant stand negative digusting energy....

My lord please end all humans who eats animals.... Please my lord tryambakam open your 3rd eye and release cosmic energy to burn evil human beings....
@on topic.... No wonder why india has high number of deaths. Farmers who suicide in huge number are bad karmics who using chemical to protect crops and by doing so they weakning indians immune system.... no wonder why we see murders, bomb blast and rapes (crimes) in huge numbers not only in india but around world. More so in china, south africa, brazil, mexico, usa, uk, aus, russia, pakistan, bangladesh, burma, indonesia, japan etc etc. my research shows people who eats nonveg dies horribly. i can give u so much evidence but is it worth it? Evil human beings.... My last reply in this thread.... cant stand negative digusting energy....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom