What's new

India to train Afghan Forces.

It will be interesting to see, what the US, ISAF & Co couldn't achieve with all their fire-power and high tech gadgets, how India will be able to fill that vacuum, specially after the US Security umbrella gets withdrawn.

Different objectives.. India has no intention of holding any land in Afghanistan.. Only ensure Afghans are trained enough to not allow Pakistan to try any misadventure..

---------- Post added at 01:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:55 PM ----------

U know Pakistanis thought that too.. I remember all of them were jumping when India was not invited by Turkey on regional discussion on Afghanistan...But these Pakistanis might have forgotten that we come from the land of Chanakya..we might take a step back but we will back come back with such a force that our enemies will not know what hit them(u can see the latest news discussions in Pakistani media...they are seething with anger..sometimes iam feeling pity for them..but most of the time iam laughing my @$$ of seeing their reactions:flame:)..

I was exactly thinking of the same conference.. Would be fun to read the exhilaration of Pakistani members from those threads with today's context :D

America didn't spend hundreds of Billions of dollars to just withdraw from Afghanistan. Majority of the troops might withdraw, but America will be running the show in Afghanistan for a long time now.

Everything else is just wishful thinking.

The same was said for Iraq. !!

It will be interesting to see, what the US, ISAF & Co couldn't achieve with all their fire-power and high tech gadgets, how India will be able to fill that vacuum, specially after the US Security umbrella gets withdrawn.
Well India will be able to sustain on its own in Afghanistan as it is very good at fighting war of attrition with its ever increasing 1.2 billion population to boot it doesn't matter to India.Thats wat india is fighting in kashmir.

Different objectives.. India has no intention of holding any land in Afghanistan.. Only ensure Afghans are trained enough to not allow Pakistan to try any misadventure..
Exactly my point....What the US and others couldn't achieve in a decade. !!!

And it was true.. Isnt it?? Its a pretty US friendly regime there now.. compare it with Saddam's regime..
Yes pretty friendly regime inside the Presidential palace, what about the rest of the country.....Saddam may have been a tyrant but at least there was some form of normality in the country. Even the news channels have lost the appetite of reporting daily bombings in that country. Any way.....good luck.

Really Awesome news :tup::tup:

We should train ANA in huge numbers and provide good logistical support/tactics of modern warfare.;)

Well India will be able to sustain on its own in Afghanistan as it is very good at fighting war of attrition with its ever increasing 1.2 billion population to boot it doesn't matter to India.Thats wat india is fighting in kashmir.

Are you planning to station a few hundred thousand men in Afghanistan ??......just like America originally asked. !!! GOOD.

Are you planning to station a few hundred thousand men in Afghanistan ??......just like America originally asked. !!! GOOD.

Windjammer

Bro i am pleased at Indias strategical move. I genuinely am. Where USA have failed hopefully they will succeed. What we must do is tighten our borders completely and make sure the mig21s (aka flying coffins) are not used over our air space as that may be worse than the drone situation. :azn:

Windjammer

Bro i am pleased at Indias strategical move. I genuinely am. Where USA have failed hopefully they will succeed. What we must do is tighten our borders completely and make sure the mig21s (aka flying coffins) are not used over our air space as that may be worse than the drone situation. :azn:

India's Strategic move is not of the United States . United States is fighting a war in a complete hostile unknown land facing much complex Logistical Nightmare, where as India is just acting as a Training ground to our friends who would Guard THERE NATIONS from any Hostile Entity. Aswell as Equip them.

Whats incredibly fishy is that this tamygu guy who joined the day VKVM was banned is getting into lively repartees with the same old suspects who used to entertain the VKVM troll too.

Dusron e ghar aag lagaane ka jo sapna, apne hi ghar sadaa khara hota hain! - Atal Bihari Vajpayee
bhishm pitamah

Whats incredibly fishy is that this tamygu guy who joined the day VKVM was banned is getting into lively repartees with the same old suspects who used to entertain the VKVM troll too.

I noticed that too mate. Wouldnt the IP address be the same? Surely if it was the same it would be obvious to all they were the same person?

Back
Top Bottom