What's new

India To Test 5,500-km Agni-V Ballistic Missile On Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.
AFAIK , The diameter of A4 is too small to be MIRVed .

We need Agni VI , security situation can change rather quickly and so does the International atmosphere .

We had similar thoughts about nukes in 1974 ...we thought we didn't need nukes ....and see what happened !

If we had weaponised in 1974 and signed CTBT ....Pakistan would not have had time to catch up with us and would have been forced to sign CTBT .

The lack of foresight lead to unforgivable delay of 24 years ....

Please don't say that we don't need Agni VI .....You never know .

what if international community comes up with agreement similar to CTBT and bans testing of ICBM ...???

mirv ed agni 5 more than enough for a decade atleast!!

We may not test agni VI openly .....but technological development must continue ....

We must not let politics dictate and choke our strategic projects ....

The way we mismanaged our Nuclear programme ....only to wake up after quarter century to find nukes all around us ...must not happen with regards to strategic missiles !!!

We need Agni VI , security situation can change rather quickly and so does the International atmosphere .

We had similar thoughts about nukes in 1974 ...we thought we didn't need nukes ....and see what happened !

If we had weaponised in 1974 and signed CTBT ....Pakistan would not have had time to catch up with us and would have been forced to sign CTBT .

what if international community comes up with agreement similar to CTBT and bans testing of ICBM ...???

Completely agree .

IMO , We should develope a 12,000 km range missile after A6 .

Completely agree .

IMO , We should develope a 12,000 km range missile after A6 .

I feel we may not test Agni VI openly very soon but must develop subsystems and do all the soft-tests ....

meanwhile after Agni V is consolidated ....our focus must change to 5k capable SLBM !!!

We should also test all the building blocks for Agni V based Anti Satelllite missile ! we may test it when International situation is conducive to us .

I feel we may nit test Agni VI openly very soon but must develop subsystems and do all the soft-tests ....

meanwhile after Agni V is consolidated ....our focus must change to 5k capable SLBM !!!

We should also test all the building blocks for Agni V based Anti Satelllite missile ! we may test it when International situation is conducive to us .

Bhai , testing sub-systems and soft tests are good only to an extend in gathering data . Only a real test can validate the full system .

Since DRDO has openly acknowledged they are developing A6 , I don't think they will hide it .

ASAT and SLBM with longer range are surely in the pipe line .

Although a larger SLBM will require a new class of SSBN which can only be developed after we can successfully complete the new naval reactor (that is in development according to reports) .

not ever contributed any thing with facts and only talk about fantasy also have identity crises.

I only respond base on comments. You should read the whole thread before you comment. I respond to reasonable comment with reasonable comments.

All true, but right now India's strongest need is not ICBM but SLBMs and MIRV. Both of these will strengthen our second-strike capability by several orders of magnitude, and will make the Pak generals think twice about embarking on any nuclear adventurism.

And also the research required for SLBM (light-weight composites, higher Thrust-to-weight engines, etc) can easily be channelled to develop ICBMs at a later stage.

meanwhile in pakistan

November-30-2012-530x265.jpg

KEEP WATCHING ITS COMING TOWARDS YOU. ............ :coffee:

Completely agree .

IMO , We should develop a 12,000 km range missile after A 6 .

I think DRDO will start working on Surya with 8,000 km range after Agni 6 and it may have 6 warheads.

Gradual increase in range of Indian ICBMs is what will happen, though an ICBM with more than 8,000 KM range will not be on Agenda of DRDO, at least till 2025, if my guess is right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom