What's new

India to outpace China in 2011: WB

India will overtake China because it's growth fundamentally enabled by the people and not by the government.

China and India will be competing for number 1 and number 2 spot in the future. China has the advantage now and will maintain the advantage for the immediate future, but three or four decades down the line, India will be a serious contender for the top spot as well.

I am not here to defend the financial failures of US. It is a fact that we lived irresponsibly in borrowed money from Asia (China, Japan, South Korea, India and Taiwan). We haven't still learned the lessons. And I was not trying to insult China, just pointed out how ridiculous is to force people not have the second child. India has this problem too, but there is no such law. Because as I said earlier, people are part of the decision process. That is what you need in China

Well fair enough I suppose.

I'll tell you this. The best and only chance for political reform in China comes from within the party. For example, Premier Wen Jiabao has recently been pushing for political reform in China.

If you truly want to see democracy in China, then the only method which will work is to support the key people within the CCP who are pushing for political reform.

Being hawkish and attacking China will only strengthen the hard-liners within the CCP and make political reform impossible.

Last edited:
China and India will be competing for number 1 and number 2 spot in the future. China has the advantage now and will maintain the advantage for the immediate future, but three or four decades down the line, India will be a serious contender for the top spot as well.

Economically yes, China will be number one soon, but not as a leader of the free world.

US will always be the leader of the free world even if we are not on the top economically. It is very hard to overtake US in research, development, creativity, having a big heart to help other nations etc...

Well fair enough then.

I'll tell you this. The best and only chance for political reform in China comes from within the party. For example, Premier Wen Jiabao has recently been pushing for political reform in China.

NO; It has to come from the PEOPLE OF CHINA. People in power will never give it away. I just totally disagree with the earlier posts (implied) people are not smart enough to choose their leader etc...

Ivy leagues and other top schools here is US are dominated by Asians (Indians, Chinese and Pakistanis). Give the freedom they will act very smart

Economically yes, China will be number one soon, but not as a leader of the free world.

US will always be the leader of the free world even if we are not on the top economically. It is very hard to overtake US in research, development, creativity, having a big heart to help other nations etc...

I won't argue with that.

NO; It has to come from the PEOPLE OF CHINA. People in power will never give it away. I just totally disagree with the earlier posts (implied) people are not smart enough to choose their leader etc...

Ivy leagues and other top schools here is US are dominated by Asians (Indians, Chinese and Pakistanis). Give the freedom they will act very smart

The problem is that this is not an ideal world.

What is the PRACTICAL method to achieve this?

Firstly the people are not going to overthrow the government any time in the near future... and even IF that were possible it would lead to a bloody civil war, in which tens of millions of innocent people would die.

Like I said, people in powerful positions who are pushing for political reform (like Wen Jiabao) are of key importance, if you actually want political reform without mass bloodshed.

Note also, that the CCP has an overwhelming level of support from the ordinary Chinese people. Westerners are often upset to hear this, but there you go.

The funniest part of that so-called American was trying so hard to sell his US identity but failed to realized how much Chinese people supported and satisfy with their government.:tup:
Chinese satisfied with government - Washington Times
He just don't get it nowadays, ideology crap don't sell anymore but money does talk though.:D

Exactly right, it has nothing to do with ideology. The modern China is all about pragmatism, which is why it is doing so well. :tup:

The simple fact is that the majority of Chinese people support the CCP. I know it hurts some outsiders to hear this, but what can you do.

Look at the history. Agreed there will be total chaos when ever there is a shift of power to people. We went through a civil war with millions of dead people. India Pakistan split is another example where millions died. When every one is living under some kind of fear, and when the fear is removed, it is likely there will be chaos. So my friend, the notion that you can have a completely gradual and peaceful transfer is theory. you will hit bumps like many of us. But this need to be done quickly.

Look at the history. Agreed there will be total chaos when ever there is a shift of power to people. We went through a civil war with millions of dead people. India Pakistan split is another example where millions died. When every one is living under some kind of fear, and when the fear is removed, it is likely there will be chaos. So my friend, the notion that you can have a completely gradual and peaceful transfer is theory. you will hit bumps like many of us. But this need to be done quickly.

I would be happy to hear practical solutions to this issue. For now, the only practical solution that seems to hold weight for me, is to support the key people within the party who are pushing for political reform. Any changes that occur will have to come from within the party.

That is my view on the matter anyway. :cheers:

The funniest part of that so-called American was trying so hard to sell his US identity but failed to realized how much Chinese people supported and satisfy with their government.:tup:
Chinese satisfied with government - Washington Times
He just don't get it nowadays, ideology crap don't sell anymore but money does talk though.:D

You ask North Koreans - most of them will say that they love their 'dear leader'. kind of like what you are saying. Most have no idea what freedom means. What it is like to be able to express yourself.

You are free to have your head in the sand and think that your system is best in the world. Go head and do it while rest of the world laughs at you.

You ask North Koreans - most of them will say that they love their 'dear leader'. kind of like what you are saying. Most have no idea what freedom means. What it is like to be able to express yourself.

You are free to have your head in the sand and think that your system is best in the world. Go head and do it while rest of the world laughs at you.

americans should be banned from using the word "freedom".

according to the wikileak docs, you killed 100,000 iraqis, 65% of them are civilians.

is that the freedom you are talking about?

how about pack up your freedom and ask your government to formally apologize and compensate to all those wrongfully killed or injured?

real freedom exists in countries like Germany, not the US.

millions need to die as quick as possible?

how about countries like South Korea? how many people they died during such "chaos"? how many people died in Taiwan because of such "Chaos"?

oh, they all developed themselves in a non democratic system and then eventually switch to democratic society peacefully.

please pack up your naive theory, the regime in washington is still hiding the total civialian death number from the public.

Maybe your understanding is very limited! We did not claim we had the best system in the world. We mentioned we prefer our own system in China.

americans should be banned from using the word "freedom".

according to the wikileak docs, you killed 100,000 iraqis, 65% of them are civilians.

is that the freedom you are talking about?

At least there is a count on how many dead and most are collateral.
In China do you have count of how many executed? Are you free to discuss this openly?

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom