What's new

India to cut 50% oil imports from Iran

Good news !

Its really heartwarming to see India is taking our side, we will sell you Best in the world American oil & Gas at reasonable prices as Trump promised. :)

Soon many countries in Asia will buy their majority of oil from US and our great Allies like Canada and Saudi Arabia.
Why not

good boy ..... come here tommy ,, come here ..... sit ... siiiitttt . hmmmmmm good boy ....
now cut your trade ties with iran tommy .. .. hmmm good boy .....
@haman10

This is not true.

1) USA wants 100% cut
2) India only agreed to 50% cut
3) Even 2 is just a rumour at this point, we will have to wait and see, maybe it will be more or maybe less

India increased by about 25% (600k to 750k), so why cut 50%?

China is about 650k-700k, but the difference is that they are refusing to follow US instructions and cut at all. Instead, they cut imports of US oil. 8-)
Fact of the matter is that once a strategic Iran-India tie has turned into a shitfest for US to take a dump on.

India is acting like a US satellite state. its not necessarily a bad thing since about 90% of the world's countries are actually US satellite states.

This is our fault for expecting more. It's India's inevitable right to buy oil from anyone they please.

As for Iran, i'd never invest somewhere unreliable if i were Iranian officials. cut the chabahar deal and all ongoing investments and joint ventures. you may never know what happens with these types of countries.

@Cthulhu @Serpentine @AmirPatriot

Just like how your country hasn’t the fortitude to tell to tell China to get out of Aksai Chin

Apples to oranges. cheen isn’t DRONING Indian citizens. America OTOH kills pakistanis without care.

Fact of the matter is that once a strategic Iran-India tie has turned into a shitfest for US to take a dump on.

India is acting like a US satellite state. its not necessarily a bad thing since about 90% of the world's countries are actually US satellite states.

This is our fault for expecting more. It's India's inevitable right to buy oil from anyone they please.

As for Iran, i'd never invest somewhere unreliable if i were Iranian officials. cut the chabahar deal and all ongoing investments and joint ventures. you may never know what happens with these types of countries.

@Cthulhu @Serpentine @AmirPatriot

If you fail to protect your business from predating sanctions, its no fault of ours and very little a customer can do in such a situation than to protect our own interests.
Its upto you to solve your shit with USA.

P.S: There is no official announcement of 50% cut yet, just tweeting rumors.

Bye bye Chahabar
That is upto iran and india.
You are nobody.

If you fail to protect your business from predating sanctions, its no fault of ours and very little a customer can do in such a situation than to protect our own interests.

You are nobody.
Its common sense. India's behaviour is very much like the emu:-

You are nobody.
I agree that everyone should look for their interests. thats a no-brainer. As i said its india's inevitable right to buy oil from anyone they wish

However whats important is where your interests lie.

the game is super easy to follow :

1- US is imposing unilateral and unjust sanctions on Iran to undermine Iranian national security. they want Iran down and their agenda is clear

2- Iran needs petrodollars right now and changing customers means that your interests lie with the downfall of Iran and with the US- a high school bully.

its quite simple and doesn't need a genius to follow.

this shows Iran that it will only be fair game if Iran also abandons India in time of need.

please don't mistake what i said for assuming that Iran needs help. no thanks, we're doing fine on our own.

we have been since 7000 years ago and a puny terrorist state (US) won't change it

Its not because of US sanctions that India will reduce oil imports from Iran. Its the non-availablity of banking channels. How's India going to pay Iran for the imports if no banks are ready to do business in Iran. Its same with China too, now with US actions against ZTE, banks will be more careful in dealing with US sanctioned state. Iran cant accept all the payments in Yuan/INR. It can either barter in goods or put up those payments as deposits in respective countries like they did with India. Countries like India or China are hardly pliable on government levels. So the US targets entities doing business in Iran as well as US and no one wants to loose out on US business. Keep watching and see how Chinese entities react to sanctions when they come in full force from September.

Why are the Pakistanis having so much orgasms? India cutting its demand by50% or China ignoring the sanctions totally, how does that affect them? I mean there has to be a limit to cheer leading. A country which has to beg from every available lender to save itself from bankruptcy shoudnt be commenting on foreign policies of other states.

Good decision India!

Hopefully Saudi Arabia and its allies fill the gap and provide India what it takes to meet their demands.
More sanctions will hit the Terror State of Iran and countries will prefer to deal with less risky partners who are ready to keep their commitments.

Apples to oranges. cheen isn’t DRONING Indian citizens. America OTOH kills pakistanis without care.
when was the last drone strike ?

meanwhile Indians kill their own minorities and rape their own women and children without care.

when was the last drone strike ?

meanwhile Indians kill their own minorities and rape their own women and children without care.

Even if what you say is true, it's much better than a foreign force using your own airbase to kill your own people and then paying you to shut up.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom