What's new

India to buy 60-63 Rafales jets off the shelf from France; MMRCA deal off:

Vishal Thapar @thaparvishal · 35m35 minutes ago
3/n #36Rafale@manoharparrikar: HAL's manpower reqt ratio of 2.7:1 (visavis OEM) high,driving up costs Details on Make in India in 2 months

So our HAL is inefficient and bcz of that cost is high??

Vishal Thapar @thaparvishal · 1m1 minute ago
#36Rafale Essence of @manoharparrikar 's explanation on @narendramodi deal with France: MMRCA tender scrapped, Rafale purchase cap at 36

Either this is a pressure tactic as details in 2 months indicate or the rumored Su35Stealth version is a reality or perhaps PAKFA procurement quickly upfront like MKI..

Tight slap on face of fanboys of this govt , they are proving to be worst then previous one.

Actually this isn't that bad.Being Indecisive is the worst form of governance.

Have said it so may times that instead of spending 20 billion on TOT ,better to spend that moolah on indigenous production and research.
IMO Acquire 36 more rafales in a few years and be done with it.

TOT and make in india will only make sense if a private player is roped in with dassault.
Only so much can be expected from HAL.l

Vishal Thapar @thaparvishal · 35m35 minutes ago
3/n #36Rafale@manoharparrikar: HAL's manpower reqt ratio of 2.7:1 (visavis OEM) high,driving up costs Details on Make in India in 2 months

So our HAL is inefficient and bcz of that cost is high??

Vishal Thapar @thaparvishal · 1m1 minute ago
#36Rafale Essence of @manoharparrikar 's explanation on @narendramodi deal with France: MMRCA tender scrapped, Rafale purchase cap at 36

Either this is a pressure tactic as details in 2 months indicate or the rumored Su35Stealth version is a reality or perhaps PAKFA procurement quickly upfront like MKI..

No we Will go for more rafales but not 126.
This opportunity should be utilized to rope in a private player,give some competition to HAL.

Now Dr. Subramanian Swamy's statements begin to make sense :devil:

He was batting for Modi's decision to scrap the deal. :lol: ........... that wily old fox. As usual, he always gets the last laugh.

This opportunity should be utilized to rope in a private player,give some competition to HAL.

THIS EXPLAINS EVERY THING. NO FURTHER PURCHASE OR "MAKE IN INDIA".

— Vishal Thapar (@thaparvishal) April 13, 2015

This is an opportunity for both Eurofighter and Rafale to make a pitch of "make in India", select their own partners and make a direct pitch to MoD and GoI :D

The offer with the maximum offset and lowest price gets the new deal :enjoy:

As i wrote in the main sticky thread i think make in india is coming with Dassault partnering Reliance which will be the second line of production for Dassault outside france.

Or else its gonna be AMCA project in a big way plus PAKFA MKI route

But @Ind4Ever you have said that Su35 Stealth version is rumoured to be testing for last 2 years in India. Can you throw more light on the Su35 Stealth. How is it versus the normal Su35.. Anything substantial ? even if its more of heresay its surprising that the Su35S signage was perhaps kept secret for such a long time..Also Su35 means more russian planes.. i thot IAF was and is against that.. Hope you can quench our thirst for answers..

As i wrote in the main sticky thread i think make in india is coming with Dassault partnering Reliance which will be the second line of production for Dassault outside france.

Or else its gonna be AMCA project in a big way plus PAKFA MKI route

But @Ind4Ever you have said that Su35 Stealth version is rumoured to be testing for last 2 years in India. Can you throw more light on the Su35 Stealth. How is it versus the normal Su35.. Anything substantial ? even if its more of heresay its surprising that the Su35S signage was perhaps kept secret for such a long time..Also Su35 means more russian planes.. i thot IAF was and is against that.. Hope you can quench our thirst for answers..

Well, Well, Well .... Thats Why Gujaratis are so good at doing business.

Hats off ! Killed Many Bird in a Single Stone !

If MMRCA is scrapped (good riddance!) and instead a pitch for Make In India is Made then,
1. On the Quality and timely delivery assurance the Manufacturer can be held liable. (HAL ka Patta cut, Stupid Folks at HAL can now go and fly a kite.)

2. And Nitin Gokahle was not joking when He tweeted that the entire Dassault Production line can be shifted to India. He might have got some hints.

3. Here the only Looser will be HAL, "HAL is a Looser ... Tall Claims ... Deliverable Zilch !"

IAF won't be complaining if it is going to get the planes either Imported or Made in India or Made by HAL or Made by XYZ.

I am Happy .... I want the Damn Planes .... I don't care how they come. Rest leave it to the Gujarati business acumen, it will deliver and it will deliver good and timely.

Welcome Rafale ! Welcome to IAF ! Welcome to India !

During Cope India 2004 IAF's MiG-21 Bisons defeated USAF's F-15Cs more than 90 percent of the time in direct combat exercises against the IAF. Kill Ratio of 9:1.

The Aviationist » Cope India: when India’s Russian jets achieved a surprising 9:1 kill ratio against U.S. F-15s

I's an Indian media boast about some fixed fights in Gwalior India...not credible. Red Flag results are far more credible.

Speaking about the encounter between the Su-30MKI and the F-15Cs, Fornof said: “The (IAF pilots) were amazed, matter of fact they were floored to the point after the first three days, they didn't want any more 1 vs 1 stuff. Let’s move on to something else (laughs). Funny ’cause in India, they wanted only 1 to 1 – ’cause they were winning at that.”

About the engines, he said: “Firstly, the Tumansky engines are very susceptible to FOD (foreign object damage). Now the reason that’s a big deal is because they asked for a one-minute spacing between take offs. At Red Flag with nearly 50-60 aircraft supposed to take off, if you have one person who will wait one minute between each take off to launch these six aircraft... yeah.... right, they can go find some other place to fly.”

And he added: “They were very concerned about FOD and how Russian engines are not nearly as reliable as American (ones).”

Dissecting a dogfight: Sukhoi vs USAF at Red Flag 2008 | Russia & India Report

Well, Well, Well .... Thats Why Gujaratis are so good at doing business.

Hats off ! Killed Many Bird in a Single Stone !

If MMRCA is scrapped (good riddance!) and instead a pitch for Make In India is Made then,
1. On the Quality and timely delivery assurance the Manufacturer can be held liable. (HAL ka Patta cut, Stupid Folks at HAL can now go and fly a kite.)

2. And Nitin Gokahle was not joking when He tweeted that the entire Dassault Production line can be shifted to India. He might have got some hints.

3. Here the only Looser will be HAL, "HAL is a Looser ... Tall Claims ... Deliverable Zilch !"

IAF won't be complaining if it is going to get the planes either Imported or Made in India or Made by HAL or Made by XYZ.

I am Happy .... I want the Damn Planes .... I don't care how they come. Rest leave it to the Gujarati business acumen, it will deliver and it will deliver good and timely.

Welcome Rafale ! Welcome to IAF ! Welcome to India !

If HAL cannot make it cheaply with all the existing Experience Infrastructure and Manpower in place, are you nuts Reliance with "Zero" Experience in Precision Engineering forget about experience in Aviation Engineering, will be able to produce "CHEAPER AND BATTER" then HAL??

Same is true with all the Private Players.

Some are having experience of making some parts NOTHING MORE!!!

It looks like the cost escalation was from HAL side, Paarikar says India needs 2.7 times the manpower to produce a single Rafale.

Even the follow on orders can go the make in India route but the deal will be GtoG

Well, is this part of Modi's 'Make in France' plan?
It's called the smarter choice when the deal was not going anywhere, India needed these birds yesterday.

Paarikar gave an interview just now on DD news channel.

Back
Top Bottom