What's new

India to buy 60-63 Rafales jets off the shelf from France; MMRCA deal off:

Looks like numbers of Rafale that India is buying keeps dropipng by half with every new news ! From 126 to 62 and now 36. Next number in this sequence is 18 then 9!!
These 36 Rafales are SEPARATE to the 126 Rafale deal currently under negations, 36 is just the start don't you worry mate :D

In case you missed it- the IAF just became the most deadly airforce in Asia ;)

When (not if) the actual MMRCA deal is signed we will have this conversation again then? :D

I don't know about that, this is a direct govt-govt deal so the French govt has got involved now and I'm sure some assurances have been given to the GoI before this deal of 36 was agreed upon- love him or hate him, Modi is no fool.

If politics gets in the way and a different platform is chosen then I can't help it. But no matter what kinds of faults St Antony had, one cannot deny that he oversaw the MRCA competition in what is considered an extremely transparent and merit oriented way, something that even the EF consortium had pointed out. When a person does good, that needs to be acknowledged too.

When (not if) the actual MMRCA deal is signed we will have this conversation again then? :D

I don't know about that, this is a direct govt-govt deal so the French govt has got involved now and I'm sure some assurances have been given to the GoI before this deal of 36 was agreed upon- love him or hate him, Modi is no fool.

It is because of blind followers like you our country is where it is today :hitwall:

We've just lost the driving seat in a multi billion dollar deal

Years of hardwork by an honest and upright man like Antony gone to gutters

IMO this 36 rafale is not part of MMRCA deal..Modi may be thinking of Russian jets for that..but 2 squadrons of Rafale are sufficient. India is getting these jets on fly-away condition-an excellent idea keeping in mind TOT will put presssure on HAL and delays are expected.
You are correct in the first part- the 36 are not part of the MMRCA but the part about Russian jets is way off, the 126 MMRCA deal just needs to be worked out now that is all- Modi has bought the MoD some time to make sure the deal is properly worked out, there isn't as much of a rush now.

You know there was a report that China had criticized the cost of Su35 and had also mentioned so called Su35S version discussion with India in a newsreport. Now i hope we dont again go back and start the mockery of Su35/Su34/Mig35/Su30MKI etc etc

We should first focus on getting 272 all upgraded to Super30 standard as well as closing the MMRCA deal. As now i am sure French gov and Hollande especially can make Dassault understand that India had committed such big numbers that small 5% (95% negotiations completed) should not become hiccup at all and create issues. With a potential 225 jets at stake and almost equalling French foreces number, Dassault i am sure understands the gravity of the situation much better than else.

Ultimately we will get 300 plus SU 30 there should be no doubt

Rafale is about the LONG term ; IAF is planning for 2030 and beyond

Rafale ; MKI ; FGFA will be the HIGH END of IAF

interesting move.
if done by india, then they lost the bargaining advantage.
if done by france, then a clever move to hook IAF to the planes. For the 36 planes, IAF would definitely need some kind of infrastructure which probably is not included in the plane cost, once IAF invests in to that (which is not going to be cheap), IAF would essentially close other doors on it, because after the initial investment on the infrastructure, buying more jets would "seem" cheaper even if the make in india deal for 126 (or whatever final number) is more expensive.

anyways congrats to IAF, 144 4+gen spanking new jets will make it very strong.

Year of hardwork by an honest and upright man like Antony gone to gutters
Please, that man has blood on his hands F*CK his "honesty", I don't use expletives lightly but that man is nothing but vermin. Think of the families across India right now who have suffered an unbearable loss all because this "Saint" chose to put his image above serving his nation.

It is because of blind followers like you our country is where it is today :hitwall:

We've just lost the driving seat in a multi billion dollar deal

Years of hardwork by an honest and upright man like Antony gone to gutters

You must be kidding right

anyways congrats to IAF, 144 4+gen spanking new jets will make it very strong.

Thank you for your appreciation

Back
Top Bottom