What's new

India to buy 60-63 Rafales jets off the shelf from France; MMRCA deal off:

S
Vishal Thapar @thaparvishal · 2m2 minutes ago
To sum up: India importing 36 Rafale fighters to commit itself to the larger deal for 126 Rafales, and possibly 63 follow-ons

Vishal Thapar @thaparvishal · 59s59 seconds ago
6/n Import of 36 Rafale justified on ground of "critical operational necessity". Quick delivery likely in time frame compatible with op reqt

Vishal Thapar @thaparvishal · 4m4 minutes ago
5/n India expresses commitment to "separate process underway" for acquiring 126 Rafale fighters, while ordering import of 36 as a precursor

Vishal Thapar @thaparvishal · 5m5 minutes ago
4/n France to deliver 36 fly-away Rafales in the same configuration as the one offered in the IAF tender for 126 fighters, with same weapons

Vishal Thapar @thaparvishal · 7m7 minutes ago
3/n Imported Rafale fighters to cost less than price quoted by Dassault in tender for 126 fighters, govt to govt deal to facilitate import

Vishal Thapar @thaparvishal · 9m9 minutes ago
2/n India commits itself to the French Rafale,sets speculation to rest:Import of 36 Rafale fighters recursor to larger deal for 126 fighters

Vishal Thapar @thaparvishal · 11m11 minutes ago
India's decision to import 36 Rafale fighters in fly away condition a reassurance to France that its committed to tender for 126 Rafales 1/n
o Much confusion 144 or 162 total???

yes ...NDTV is showing the caption for it.....so finally it is 144 Rafale

Hell yeahhhhh ! Total oh 8 Squadrons :D

Enemy's nightmare !!!!!!!:agree:

any Idea about the deadline for the procurement of these 36 rafales?
2017 I guess ...

Enough to replace all Mig27 . Now Mig 21 must be replaced with tejas MK1 maximum 4 squadrons rest with MK2

yes ...NDTV is showing the caption for it.....so finally it is 144 Rafale
Give and take policy ! 16 more orders for French to relax their stands on HAL made rafale in India with TOT . Both are happy now. ..

I'm not sure how long would one want to make IAF wait. See even now when if deal is signed tonight, it will take at least 36 months for deliveries to begin and given how long MMRCA negotiations are going on, u can imagine things would start looking desperate for IAF beyond 2018.
my answer is as above !

post # 890

Damn this thread is going to run longer then the original thread amid all this speculation.... :p :D

S

o Much confusion 144 or 162 total???

Vishnu Som - NDTV - 144 - 108+36

abingdonboy and rest of us after listening to Namo says 108+18+63 - MMRCA and 36 separate
Vishal Thapar just echoed the same

The Whole RUSSIAN ROULETTE of More SU 30 or SU 35 had created
an UNEASY environment

India's CREDIBILITY WAS AT STAKE

Your PRIME MINISTER cannot just go to a country with such high expectations and then
have NOTHING to show for it

Prime Ministerial visits are SERIOUS business

Add to it the IAF's increasing problems

This is a good solution

That his decision is validated by the new govt :crazy:

When (not if) the actual MMRCA deal is signed we will have this conversation again then? :D

are we not losing bargaining tactic ...by agreeing to 36 jets before closing the deal ?

I think we have tied ourselves in knots by agreeing to this before closing the deal ....

this will only embolden Dassault to hard bargain later ....
...won't this be a bad bargaining practice to buy somethingh with expection of the seller will give discount on the remaining part of deal, when the buyer is at mercy...and has put itself in single vendor case...??
I don't know about that, this is a direct govt-govt deal so the French govt has got involved now and I'm sure some assurances have been given to the GoI before this deal of 36 was agreed upon- love him or hate him, Modi is no fool.

I
Vishnu Som - NDTV - 144 - 108+36

abingdonboy and rest of us after listening to Namo says 108+18+63 - MMRCA and 36 separate
Vishal Thapar just echoed the same
if we r going for addition 36 why 63 more??original is only 126 .hence 126+36

The Whole RUSSIAN ROULETTE of More SU 30 or SU 35 had created
an UNEASY environment

India's CREDIBILITY WAS AT STAKE

Your PRIME MINISTER cannot just go to a country with such high expectations and then
have NOTHING to show for it

Prime Ministerial visits are SERIOUS business

Add to it the IAF's increasing problems

This is a good solution

You know there was a report that China had criticized the cost of Su35 and had also mentioned so called Su35S version discussion with India in a newsreport. Now i hope we dont again go back and start the mockery of Su35/Su34/Mig35/Su30MKI etc etc

We should first focus on getting 272 all upgraded to Super30 standard as well as closing the MMRCA deal. As now i am sure French gov and Hollande especially can make Dassault understand that India had committed such big numbers that small 5% (95% negotiations completed) should not become hiccup at all and create issues. With a potential 225 jets at stake and almost equalling French foreces number, Dassault i am sure understands the gravity of the situation much better than else.

how will you get TOT if all planes are made in France?

I wonder if Bhakt think it is a good deal @Rain Man @SarthakGanguly ? No Make in India, no TOT, overall costs higher than before

Now start whitewashing this too...

IAF needed new planes some 12 years back, and even if we finalize everything today, it will take at least 3 more years for us to start getting those planes. If something goes wrong in between, then our IAF pilots won't fly on ToT to war, they need real fighter jets, and really soon considering the depleting squadron strength of IAF. The delay by our previous 'do nothing remain clean' defence ministers has put us in this situation. However, as we plug the holes in our defence, the ToT will be there for rest of the planes to be made in India, but this move will save some 5 years for us to get those planes.

Back
Top Bottom