What's new

India to buy 60-63 Rafales jets off the shelf from France; MMRCA deal off:

interesting move.
if done by india, then they lost the bargaining advantage..
If you think Modi signed this deal without seeking assurances from the French side about a favourable deal in the larger MMRCA order then you are being naive. You don't get from being a dirt poor tea seller to the Prime Minister of India without being an incredibly shrewd individual.

All because of Rahul Ji..Indian media and congress leadership was lying that he is in cambodia whereas he was in France to break it out :D @ranjeet @Guynextdoor2 @Tridibans @migflug @Abingdonboy @magudi @PARIKRAMA @Stephen Cohen @kaykay

Sorry @ranjeet bro.... cant help it.... thought he was referring to you for a moment...
see he has tagged you also
clear.png

If politics gets in the way and a different platform is chosen then I can't help it. But no matter what kinds of faults St Antony had, one cannot deny that he oversaw the MRCA competition in what is considered an extremely transparent and merit oriented way, something that even the EF consortium had pointed out. When a person does good, that needs to be acknowledged too.

Whatever credit he deserves for the bidding he lost everything sitting ducks over the deal for years and now forcing the new govt to do a G to G deal to salvage mmrca

Rafales are the equivalent to which type of jet? F-16, F-22?

Can someone educate me?

If you think Modi signed this deal without seeking assurances from the French side about a favourable deal in the larger MMRCA order then you are being naive. You don't get from being a dirt poor tea seller to the Prime Minister of India without being an incredibly shrewd individual.

Best reply that I have read till now which really sums up the growth of our PM... I remember an India film line when I see him do things like this.... " Ganda hai par Dhanda hai ye"

interesting move.
if done by india, then they lost the bargaining advantage.
if done by france, then a clever move to hook IAF to the planes. For the 36 planes, IAF would definitely need some kind of infrastructure which probably is not included in the plane cost, once IAF invests in to that (which is not going to be cheap), IAF would essentially close other doors on it, because after the initial investment on the infrastructure, buying more jets would "seem" cheaper even if the make in india deal for 126 (or whatever final number) is more expensive.

anyways congrats to IAF, 144 4+gen spanking new jets will make it very strong.

See brother we are not in a losing position..We are the one who is going to pay for it..20-25 billion dollars is not a small amount.Since we have to pay and we have all the options open from American to Russian to European market we could have gone for anything but we know neither China or Pakistan can go for it so we are just taking our time to play with them. If the deal suits us we will go for it and if it does not then we will let it go because Pakistan can never afford it and China will not buy it because if they buy it then world will come to know what J stands in for their JF series.

If politics gets in the way and a different platform is chosen then I can't help it. But no matter what kinds of faults St Antony had, one cannot deny that he oversaw the MRCA competition in what is considered an extremely transparent and merit oriented way, something that even the EF consortium had pointed out. When a person does good, that needs to be acknowledged too.
Sure, but then a broken clock is right twice a day ;)

I'm sorry but looking at Antony's term holistically I can't but despise the man. He got Indians killed for incredibly trivial reasons i.e. he wanted to protect his "image", this is totally unforgivable.

Back
Top Bottom