What's new

India to buy 60-63 Rafales jets off the shelf from France; MMRCA deal off:

So guys what is it all about ? Is India going to buy actual number or is it somewhere less ? Is numbers going to be > Imaan or Imaan will still beat it..Remember when it does not suit us it is always about the fighter who is behide the gun so answer it carefully. Correspondent shopkeeper of Fata @Windjammer what is your view on it ?

These 36 planes will take FOUR YEARS

Mean while our economy grows STRONGER and the rest of the deal will not seem a burden

The down payment for such deals is 10 percent immediately

That is also manageable 400 Million immediately

If all details have been worked out then why the whole deal was not announced ?

something is not settled yet ...

There was no need to be in so much hurry ...we have waited so long we might as well have waited another few months ..

these bits and pieces are not going to make anyone happy .

PM should have postponed his visit to France if so much he wanted to announce the deal during visit itself .

Exactly my point

This is all modi's fault

But hey, don't worry fanboys are here to cheerlead whatever that goes on :hitwall:

they may not get anything though
well they shouldn't. Technically IAF has cleared the machine (Check), Price committee has evaluated offers of both Rafale and EFT and found Rafale to be L-1 (Check). Now Dassault doesn't agree on some tender conditions of MMRCA tender, We stop (Check).
The machine is available on lower price on G2G basis, without involving any middlemen (Check). We should get them.
I think Government has double checked it all and like u say, it looks like a fair deal.

Smartly so.
IAF wants the plane it selected after trials irrespective of how they come. The number may be low, but government has vindicated stand of IAF that it wants MMRCA and not heavy fighters that were touted as possible replacements. Let MMRCA negotiations continue and reach a meaningful end, but till that time, the protector of our skies know, that there concerns are topmost and bureaucratic hurdles will not come in way of their genuine needs.

That's the whole point ...by agreeing to buy 36 rafale we have released pressure from dassault. Now Dassault will drive hard bargain ...because we have already committed to them .

what was the need to get so desperate ?

we should have just finalized the damn whole MMRCA deal !!!

I really dono , and i dont think current govt and our agencies are that stupid.... But having said that i am surprised with 36.....

What I'm thinking is this...it's clear from our experience with SU 30 MKI. That's the only platform in our heavy category fighters and has proved itself to be a brilliant decision. So it is clear that a carefully chosen platform loaded with exception tech can service the entire class. So Rafale, selected carefully after thorough evaluation can serve as the only platform for the entire mid category.

That's the whole point ...by agreeing to buy 36 rafale we have released pressure from dassault. Now Dassault will drive hard bargain ...because we have already committed to them .

Illiteracy and sanghi mindset, what else?

MMS and Antonyji would have handled it a lot better

But seems bhakts are satisfied with this jumla again

IT is a question of trust ie political trust

Now France cannot say that India is NOT committed to this deal

If in such high level visits ; you cannot achieve success then it PUTS
a BIG QUESTION MARK on your committment

Are u
RAFALE UPDATE
Additional 108 Rafale will be built in india as per the mmrca terms.. Which makes a total of 144 birds. 36 off the shelf 108 built here=144.
Are u sure abt this? 36 rafi costing us some 5 billion dollars,so another 12 billion (may be 20 billion) for mmrca.... Its a huge amount, we are not that much rich.I think mmrca contract is dead.

What I'm thinking is this...it's clear from our experience with SU 30 MKI. That's the only platform in our heavy category fighters and has proved itself to be a brilliant decision. So it is clear that a carefully chosen platform loaded with exception tech can service the entire class. So Rafale, selected carefully after thorough evaluation can serve as the only platform for the entire mid category.

We are buying it from money of Manerga.So all in all it was Rahul ji who made the way for it and Darinder Moddy is going to take credit for it.

Back
Top Bottom