What's new

India to buy 60-63 Rafales jets off the shelf from France; MMRCA deal off:

1 squadron of IAF has 18 aircraft's. So 36 is 2 squadron. It makes perfect operational sense.

Dassalut was originally supposed to build on 18, so if they are building 36, it could very well mean no more MMRCA.

IAF's requirement is clearly 126

So 36 is a PALTRY amount ; not enough at all

Looks like the 108 Rafales to be built in India as part of the MMRCA deal is entirely separate to this deal of 36 Rafles (basically 2 Sqns worth) being bought off the shelf.
So is that what i can infer
MMRCA 126 (18+108HAL) +63 follow on (possibly)
+

36 flyaway

grand total 225 Rafales ??

36 are confirmed, that's why they said ASAP in flyaway condition, rest of them may be part of negotiations?
But deal not signed in today's meeting.Negotiations will continue between official of both the nations.

Well according to some news channels deal of 36 jets is under changed terms & conditions of MMRCA. I think 36 is not the end of deal.
I am almost certain this is not the end of the deal. Had it been 63 then that is a possibility (see Mirage 2000 and MiG-29B purchases by the IAF) but 36 is far too few for this to be the final amount the IAF will fly- it just wouldn't be worth the effort for such few numbers.

Livefist @livefist · 3m3 minutes ago
So @Dassault_OnAir, which was to build 18 Rafales under the MMRCA, now gets to build at least 36. Boost for French jobs. RIP MMRCA?

Livefist @livefist · 7m7 minutes ago
Squadron and a half?
1f648.png
Is he slow or something? "RIP MMRCA" over a 36 Rafale purchase, this is just dumb.

And since when does an IAF fighter squadron consist of 14 planes? 36 is exactly 2 Sqns worth (18+18).

Like @Abingdonboy said, This is just part 1, chapter 1 of this book. It will be ordered in batches. Stay tuned, More detail will come out in few days time.

Not necessarily true.

Why would India agree to let Dassault build 36 instead of 18 ? is it rewarding Dassault for screwing us ?

If the price and terms of building more is not decided, again why reward Dassault with 36 aircrafts ?

It does not make sense.

IT will make more sense if IAF is being mollified with 2 squadrons and the rest will be filled up by MKI and LCA.

Where is my Bro @The_Sidewinder .... :D

bro it will like 2 squadron then.... i guess...??
Yup 18 each .

And why I get an impression that additional jets will be made in India ?

Am just guessing . No source to back my claim . Modi ji would have gone for it as stop gab solution . As negotiations for ToT will take more time.

And now we have more time to negotiate . If that's the what in his mind then it's a Master Stroke move :)

Umm, wait, unless i got that wrong, Isn't India changing the RFP rules itself now.....they wanted 18 in flyaway condition (original tender, regardless of which aircraft was selected) and rest by HAL....seems like even Modi has realized that they were demanding too much.....or expecting too much.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom