What's new

India to buy 60-63 Rafales jets off the shelf from France; MMRCA deal off:

RafaleB-330EC-c146.jpg

rafale.jpg
Beast :smitten::yay:

If they are all built in France, what happens to the ToT?
When we get RAFALE we will we do what it has to be done. ;)

Mothers of breaking news regarding Rafale are shared millions of time on PDF :coffee:

Actually this is the dilemma of Rafale deal there are so many mothers for this baby (Indian fanboys) but no farther (political ownership) .... let see Modi adopt this child or not ....

That is around a $6 billion deal, if it is true and not some news to dress up the other more important news of scraping the deal all together.

The greatest lungi of all time is still active on the forum....... munshi sahab has opened a new thread today, courtesy Saudi money! :D

Btw, how iz you? :P

I was going to comment, and then I saw the children had beat me to it, with inane notions of what this means.

Was a time when you and I taught the Lungians how to build the bomb, and now, the quality's gone down the drain.

I don't buy this a major part of the MMRCA was about ToT, industrial benefits and addressing the depleting Sqn strength issue this 60 Rafales through a G-G deal undermines every aspect of this. 126 Rafales simply isn't enough the IAF hinted they would be pursuing the clause for 63 follow on Rafales, they might as well not bother 60 Rafales won't bring enough to India to justify the cost.

I could be wrong but it doesn't make a lot of sense AT ALL.

The greatest lungi of all time is still active on the forum....... munshi sahab has opened a new thread today, courtesy Saudi money! :D

Btw, how iz you? :P

Been very busy brother, hence my long leave of absence from pdf. How's the family, any little Hype's running about?

On topic. Seems like GOI has finally found its head. Now to top it off they should find the appropriate in country partners for providing a complete MRO solution, properly monitored such a process will ensure exemplary fleet availability. Private companies would be keen to get into the MRO business, it would serve as a good access point for them into the defence aviation business and could build a bountiful relationship between the companies in question and the IAF.

Same here mate.... very busy as well.......... little Hype's on the way......... waiting game now........ :)

Yeah, in seriousness, it's a good decision by GoI..... makes sense!

Been very busy brother, hence my long leave of absence from pdf. How's the family, any little Hype's running about?

On topic. Seems like GOI has finally found its head. Now to top it off they should find the appropriate in country partners for providing a complete MRO solution, properly monitored such a process will ensure exemplary fleet availability. Private companies would be keen to get into the MRO business, it would serve as a good access point for them into the defence aviation business and could build a bountiful relationship between the companies in question and the IAF.

Options are:

More Tejas (inexpensive, unclear if Hal can meet the extra demand)
Go for Typhoon (Typhoon+Rafale+all other Indian aircraft is a logistics problem)
Mig-35 (a lot of commonality with Mig-29)

Order JF-17 (it has DSI) :chilli:
None of these are viable options

- The LCA is coming regardless and they will be ramping up production to 16 LCA a year within the next two years but they are not capable enough to be substitutes for the Rafale.
-The IAF is not going to add yet ANOTHER fighter type to its fleet, it is trying to simplify logistics not complicate them
- They don't want the MiG-35, it failed to meet their technical specifications.

I don't buy this a major part of the MMRCA was about ToT, industrial benefits and addressing the depleting Sqn strength issue this 60 Rafales through a G-G deal undermines every aspect of this. 126 Rafales simply isn't enough the IAF hinted they would be pursuing the clause for 63 follow on Rafales, they might as well not bother 60 Rafales won't bring enough to India to justify the cost.

I could be wrong but it doesn't make a lot of sense AT ALL.

It would be a step in the right direction. The aforementioned depleting force levels require a quick and simple solution (a direct off the shelf purchase instead of first going through the lead time of setting up in country manufacturing facilities). A second flight of fighters can then be procured (G2G) or built in country by using the time taken by Dassault to fulfill the 60 fighter contract to get the facilities up and running in country and ensuring that the contractors providing the components can meet the QC/QR.

Same here mate.... very busy as well.......... little Hype's on the way......... waiting game now........ :)

Yeah, in seriousness, it's a good decision by GoI..... makes sense!

Teach him early on, all the tricks the likes of us learnt over an eventful albeit short (so far) life.8-)

It would be a step in the right direction. The aforementioned depleting force levels require a quick and simple solutions (a direct off the shelf purchase instead of first going through the lead time of setting up in country manufacturing facilities). A second flight of fighters can then be procured (G2G) or built in country by using the time taken by Dassault to fulfill the 60 fighter contract to get the facilities up and running in country and ensuring that the contractors providing the components can meet the QC/QR.
IF this is the long term plan then it makes sense because India effectively gets the MMRCA deal without needing to untangle an MMRCA mess BUT 60 fighters off the shelf and that alone is an almost meaningless deal for India.

Back
Top Bottom