What's new

India to build sea bridge, tunnel to connect Sri Lanka at a cost of Rs 24,000 crore: Nitin Gadkari

I just wonder what the split is in the population between those that are friendly to India, those that are neutral and pragmatic and those that are unfriendly.

I dont think there is a overwhelming unfriendliness towards Indian in general.. More of indifference.. Thousands of Indian tourists arrive in the island annually.. And leave with a lot of goodwill.. Lots of Lankans specially women watch Bollywood etc even though they dont understand Hindi but those who are more nuanced about regional and global politics are a bit more skeptical again not towards ordinary Indians but the polity

The determining factor is Tamil Nadu, Both going by history and current attrition towards the island.. I'm afraid it will take a long long time if ever for IndoLanka bilateral relationship to gain full potential because of that

Gadkari is one of the best performing ministers in Modi govt.

This idea is brilliant. No one has realized the powerful symbolism it carries.
Think about it.....Congees wanted to destroy Ram Setu and BJP is building a new setu to Lanka...:)

I just wonder what the split is in the population between those that are friendly to India, those that are neutral and pragmatic and those that are unfriendly.:unsure:

The numbers of people who you can call "Pro-Indian" are small but there are alot of neutral and intelligent Sri Lankans but the amount of Anti-Indian Sri Lankans are very big the hostile attitude of some Tamil Nadu politicians also boost Anti-Indian sentiments but some Anti-Indian conspiracy theories like the RAW conspiracy in the Sri Lankan election

Many Sri Lankan politicians make Anti-Indian and Anti-western statements even though some are obvious lies mostly to get support

Last edited:
I dont think there is a overwhelming unfriendliness towards Indian in general.. More of indifference.. Thousands of Indian tourists arrive in the island annually.. And leave with a lot of goodwill.. Lots of Lankans specially women watch Bollywood etc even though they dont understand Hindi but those who are more nuanced about regional and global politics are a bit more skeptical again not towards ordinary Indians but the polity

The determining factor is Tamil Nadu, Both going by history and current attrition towards the island.. I'm afraid it will take a long long time if ever for IndoLanka bilateral relationship to gain full potential because of that

Yes no one can wish away the animosity generated from that brutal conflict....and the political mileage wrought out of it.

It will take probably a complete generation of healing....with lots of education, peace and prosperity...till the scars have gone away.

It angers me the whole thing happened in the first place. I don't know why and how essentially Dharmic brothers were able to get so easily manipulated by certain "evangelical" quarters into the doctrine of "us" versus "them" on both sides.....look at what we have all lost because of it.

But then there are many things I wish never happened...but they happened all the same. You are right about TN, one day I am confident we will genuinely change our overall attitude to SL....it will take much time... for the stories from our SL Tamil cousins to filter back that.... yes its for real this time and we are enjoying true peace and liberty for our identity, culture and economic progress....alongside their other compatriots.

The numbers of people who you can call "Pro-Indian" are small but there are alot of neutral and intelligent Sri Lankans but the amount of Anti-Indian Sri Lankans are very big the hostile attitude of some Tamil Nadu politicians also boost Anti-Indian sentiments but some Anti-Indian conspiracy theories like the RAW conspiracy in the Sri Lankan election(Which according our former president even Modi wasn't aware of)

Many Sri Lankan politicians make Anti-Indian and Anti-western statements even though some are obvious lies mostly to get support

Yes this same attitude exists in India and worldwide as well....as we are seeing more and more in the West even. Politics and fear make quite the vicious cocktail. I hope humanity can prevail through this delicate period.

The numbers of people who you can call "Pro-Indian" are small but there are alot of neutral and intelligent Sri Lankans but the amount of Anti-Indian Sri Lankans are very big the hostile attitude of some Tamil Nadu politicians also boost Anti-Indian sentiments but some Anti-Indian conspiracy theories like the RAW conspiracy in the Sri Lankan election

What? "Pro-Indian" people are mostly intelligent? What kind of stupid statement is that? Actually "Pro-Indian" stance is the most dumbest of them all. Maybe some people take the "Pro-Indian" stance for economical or any other benefit. However I do not advocate "Anti-Indian" policy is of any good. What Sri Lanka should follow is more moderate stance when dealing with India.

However it's evidently clear that RAW (or any relevant authority) had some kind of intervention in 2015 election. It was long suspected that JVP is on the RAW (or any relevant authority) payroll. We cannot deny the fact that India has some pressure point in Sri Lankan political system.

Can you tell me what are the obvious lies of Anti-Indian and Anti-western statements?

Lanka in non issue in our politics except TN. How come you guys club rest of India with TN? Time to educate your populace about how big is India.

Lanka in non issue in our politics except TN. How come you guys club rest of India with TN? Time to educate your populace about how big is India.

Bangladesh also views India through West Bengal prism.

TN is very culturally and historically linked to SL. Sometimes the closest relatives have the most bitter problems with each other for various reasons.

Bangladesh also views India through West Bengal prism.

TN is very culturally and historically linked to SL. Sometimes the closest relatives have the most bitter problems with each other for various reasons.

Some time I wonder if SL plays dumb when it comes to promoting good neighbourly relationship with India.

Some time I wonder if SL plays dumb when it comes to promoting good neighbourly relationship with India.

Sometimes I wonder whether India is a giant toilet bowl that Sri Lanka unfortunately has to live next to.

Then Indian governments should act like the vastness of India. As far as what we can see is that Indian central gov. is threatened and ultimately persuaded by this state gov.

What? "Pro-Indian" people are mostly intelligent? What kind of stupid statement is that? Actually "Pro-Indian" stance is the most dumbest of them all. Maybe some people take the "Pro-Indian" stance for economical or any other benefit. However I do not advocate "Anti-Indian" policy is of any good. What Sri Lanka should follow is more moderate stance when dealing with India.

However it's evidently clear that RAW (or any relevant authority) had some kind of intervention in 2015 election. It was long suspected that JVP is on the RAW (or any relevant authority) payroll. We cannot deny the fact that India has some pressure point in Sri Lankan political system.

Can you tell me what are the obvious lies of Anti-Indian and Anti-western statements?

You can't even read and making stuff up right here. I didn't call pro-Indians intelligent I called Sri lankans that are neutral and open minded intelligent

Making stupid statements here and even stupider conspriracy theories

You can't even read and making stuff up right here. I didn't call pro-Indians intelligent I called Sri lankans that are neutral and open minded intelligent

Making stupid statements here and even stupider conspriracy theories

Laugh is on people like you who lives in fairy lands and thinks what UNP do is right.

Back
Top Bottom