What's new

India to build sea bridge, tunnel to connect Sri Lanka at a cost of Rs 24,000 crore: Nitin Gadkari

This bridge will make make it easy for RSS shakhas in Tamil Nadu to access Northern Sri Lanka.They can go by bus early in the morning and return late in the day.Clever plan i must say!
orange-smiley-001.gif

I do not understand what benefits will this project bring in for India in the long term ?
Sri Lanka is not such a great economy to invest this much to connect to them.

Nitin Gadkari's move Reminds me of this :) @Echo_419

Replace Hanuman with Gadkari and replace Rama with Modi and watch it

The problem is Tamils being too familiar with ITAK and TNA. Both UNP and SLFP are fielding Tamil candidates for the elections but the majority do not vote for them. They vote for the party which is openly demanding a federal state, removal of SL military from the North and East. It shows a problem with the Tamil society. Which is that they don't want to integrate with the Sinhala society.

So you are suggesting that cease fire had no meaning after all? And what is your opinion on RW and his outlook on the war effort?

So what you think of the UNP and JVP which has brought Fonseka to the presidential race?

The economy has not change dramatically from 2000 to 2005 except for last 2 quaters of 2001 due Katunayake attack. That setback was only temporary. Anyhow Ranil's peace initiative has fasten the recovery of the economy. However if SL gov. continued the war for just another year they could've brought Prabha to he's knees.

So can you rest assure that Ranil won't to any miscalculations again?

You are started asking dumb questions as usual it looks like its become a habit of yours. My previous statements answer your questions.

Anyway read this even Dayasiri gives a good reply
“We have arrived at a point where appropriate measures need to be taken in order to resolve the issues faced by the country. We request MP Weerawansa to not attempt to pull back the country by selling the rotten piece of fish he calls patriotism,” the minister said............

We are more patriotic than the so called patriots, and we respect our culture and law and order,” he said......

“The Geneva Human Rights Commission faulted us for actions committed in the past. He tried to solve the problem by threatening, engaging in a hunger strike and protesting in front of the United Nations office. But there are other ways of solving these problems,” he said.

- See more at: Wimal will end up in a garbage dump: Dayasiri ::: Dailymirror.lk ::: Breaking News

The gov will take the necessary actions and resolve issues prgamatically .Selling rotten fish in the name of patriotism doesn't work anymore.
The govt will do whats needed and whats best for SL not for any racial supremacist or random scoundrel who is trying to sell his rotten fish in the patriotism label

තමුසෙම දන්නවා දයාන් කියන්නේ කවුද කියල ! මෙතන බොරුවට එක මේක කියුවට වැඩක් නැහැ
තමුසෙට මොලයක් නැහැ කියල අනිත් අයට බිරුවට වැඩක් නැහැ කියල මන් කීපාරක් කීවද ?
තමුසෙට පුළුවන් ඔච්චරයි දයාන් ගැන මොලයක් තියෙන උන් ගණන් ගන්නේ නැහැ. තමුසේ පිස්සු කියවල මට දිවිනසගන්න කියල ලැජ්ජා වෙලා තවත් කියන්න එනව. තමුසේ මොඩය මොඩය ගානවා විතාර්යි තමුසෙට කිසිම මොලයක් නැහැ . අනිත් අ යට මොලයක් තියනවද කියල දැනගන්න මොලයක් තියෙන්න එපාය
මට අකුරු අහන්න බැහැ ,මම එක කියවල බැලුව කියෙව්වේ නැතිනම් එකේ තිබ්බ බොරු එකින් එක පෙන්න්නුවේ කොහොමද?
තමුසේ එක වෙනවා මේක වෙනවා කියල ක්යුවට වුනාද? දැන් මෙතන කියවන දයාන් කියා දේ වෙනවලු! මෙහමත් බූරුවෝ
තමුසේ කියවන දේ ගැන කතා කරන්න ඉගෙන ගෙන ඇති කියල හිතනවා
දයාන් කියන්නේ කවුද බං කියහං කෝ පුළුවන් නම්

උඹ පස්සේ යන රනිල් කියන්නේ අමුම අමු පට්ට මෝඩයෙක් ඕකා යන්නේ කවද හරි රට කාලා...ඒක දයාන් කියද්දි තොගෙ පුක දනව ඇති නේද? රනිල් කියන්නේ පට්ට මෝඩයෙක්...ඒ බව පෙන්නලා ඉවරයි...ඒක කියද්දි තොට අමාරුයි නේද?

මෙතන කවුද නියම මෝඩයා කියල හැමෝටම තේරෙනවා..තොගේ ගු කන පට්ට මෝඩ රනිල් කියන අහු හරකාට පුක දියං...

තොගේ තාත්තාගේ ඇට තළන්න ඕන තෝ වගේ එවුන් හැදුවට! නෙද්දකින්

You are started asking dumb questions as usual it looks like its become a habit of yours. My previous statements answer your questions.

Anyway read this even Dayasiri gives a good reply
“We have arrived at a point where appropriate measures need to be taken in order to resolve the issues faced by the country. We request MP Weerawansa to not attempt to pull back the country by selling the rotten piece of fish he calls patriotism,” the minister said............

We are more patriotic than the so called patriots, and we respect our culture and law and order,” he said......

“The Geneva Human Rights Commission faulted us for actions committed in the past. He tried to solve the problem by threatening, engaging in a hunger strike and protesting in front of the United Nations office. But there are other ways of solving these problems,” he said.

- See more at: Wimal will end up in a garbage dump: Dayasiri ::: Dailymirror.lk ::: Breaking News

The gov will take the necessary actions and resolve issues prgamatically .Selling rotten fish in the name of patriotism doesn't work anymore.
The govt will do whats needed and whats best for SL not for any racial supremacist or random scoundrel who is trying to sell his rotten fish in the patriotism label

If Dayasiri is more patriotic than Wimal he should have showed it to the public by his actions rather than mere verbal statements. We saw how Ranil led UNP acted during those tough times of warfare. Dayasiri was a staunches UNPer those days. I don't think I need a lecture from a politician who was in a party which downgraded our armed forces and compared them to cattle.

If Dayasiri is more patriotic than Wimal he should have showed it to the public by his actions rather than mere verbal statements. We saw how Ranil led UNP acted during those tough times of warfare. Dayasiri was a staunches UNPer those days. I don't think I need a lecture from a politician who was in a party which downgraded our armed forces and compared them to cattle.
Yeah wth do you know about patriotism anyway? You definition is unless everyone vote your scoundrel he is not a patriot

දයාන් කියන්නේ කවුද බං කියහං කෝ පුළුවන් නම්

උඹ පස්සේ යන රනිල් කියන්නේ අමුම අමු පට්ට මෝඩයෙක් ඕකා යන්නේ කවද හරි රට කාලා...ඒක දයාන් කියද්දි තොගෙ පුක දනව ඇති නේද? රනිල් කියන්නේ පට්ට මෝඩයෙක්...ඒ බව පෙන්නලා ඉවරයි...ඒක කියද්දි තොට අමාරුයි නේද?

මෙතන කවුද නියම මෝඩයා කියල හැමෝටම තේරෙනවා..තොගේ ගු කන පට්ට මෝඩ රනිල් කියන අහු හරකාට පුක දියං...

තොගේ තාත්තාගේ ඇට තළන්න ඕන තෝ වගේ එවුන් හැදුවට! නෙද්දකින්
is that all you say?
Some stupid profane low level insults?
:blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah:
No one talked about the nonsense you are babbling. At least learn how to talk you have even shown how your childhood was before
the only thing you can do is show your bad upbringing every where
You can't use any brains and says that every single random idiot says is true

Actually there is no point in blaming you. It is your father's mistake.

Don't show us how your father treated you.
And don't think that knowing to shout some dumb insults make you a man because the only thing that see is a dumb idiot who can't take being humiliated.

If you don't wanna see me then why the he'll do you jump to quote me and then start babbling about irreverent things and show your stupidity and uncivilizedness.:crazy:

Any hoo.. Back to the topic.. :coffee:

@Nilgiri @nair Etc..

No troubled water over bridge ::: Dailymirror.lk ::: Breaking News

The plan to construct a bridge connecting Sri Lanka and India will suffer the same fate as the Sethu Samurdram project due to environmental issues, a Sri Lankan minister said yesterday.

Highways and Higher Education Minister Lakshman Kiriella said the proposed bridge would never materialise as it would adversely affect the marine environment.

The minister made this comment with regard to a recent allegation by the joint opposition that the Sri Lankan government had given the go-ahead for the project.

He said the government had no interest in such a bridge as there was no need for it. “A bridge between Sri Lanka and India is not needed at all,” he said; adding that Sri Lanka should rather concentrate on constructing roads within the country. “Preparation of the ground for the Colombo -- Kandy Highway has already begun and construction work is due begin early next year. Work on the Northern Highway will begin before the end of 2016,” he said.

In response to a journalist who asked him what the government would do if the India insisted on constructing the highway, he said the Indian government had not insisted so far and was not likely to in the future because of environmental concerns.

He asked why the opposition believed the Indian minister’s version though Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe had stated in Parliament that there was no move to build such a bridge. Indian media had earlier quoted Indian Transport Minister Nitin Gadikari as saying his country was planning to construct an Indo -- Lanka bridge at a cost of US$ 5 billion. -

I was banned, sorry for late reply.

I think this has been done and dusted....both sides need to agree for there to be a bridge....so of course this is not going to go ahead unlike what some media articles were reporting on Indian side.

It reminds of the last prestige project of Dr. Mahathir...a bridge to replace the causeway connecting Malaysia to Singapore....Singapore just kept saying no, no need, we dont want it etc.......and Malaysia made some goofy looking half bridge concept art thing on it side of the border...and eventually let it pass (under the post-Mahathir administration).

Of course Gadkari is not going to take it to that level (Mahathir and co actually did a ground breaking ceremony etc..)....I think he was stating there is funding available should both sides want to go ahead and do it.

But both sides have many more bridges to make and mend before this one can be feasible. It will take time for this need to mature.

I was banned, sorry for late reply.

Banned for what ??!!?? Goes without saying you may be one of the few sensible Indian posters here on PDF, I've seen transgressions by other posters being let go that would be unimaginable in some other forums

Back
Top Bottom