What's new

India to build 292 dams in Himalayas by 2050

Sensationalist article without any substantial claim to back it up. Good if it happens though. Another good thing would have been connecting all the rivers on India. :rolleyes:

EzioAltaïr;3950706 said:
Wow, I just love the reaction of Chinese members here. Are you guys really so jealous that Pakistani media is paranoid of us? Stop crying like kids and deal with it.
Wow, I just love the reaction of Indian friends here
they really think that dams can be builded just by their curry mouthes
Indians are good at fantasy

water will not be water by that time,it will be blue gold.

and many believe that next world war would take place because of water.

We no longer need to divert the water, just bottle it as "TIBET SPRING" and server 1.4 blllions. :azn: Indeed a precious blue gold. So India can feel more relief now.:lol:

Tibet%205100_Display%20counter.jpg

seems that the future always being holden in India's left hands
i suggest that they should consider building some road connecting to the sites before start to build their 292 dams in Himalayas

stupid chinese.. (as always).

the target is actually quite low.. IMO.

Already achived is 40,000 MW capacity is installed. The article states India will merely double the capacity till 2050 !!!

If we could build 40,000 MW capacity in the past with lower level of technology etc, logically future should be much more.

Perhaps, the only reason the target is low is that potential for development is getting exhausted ... or we just don't accept the human and environment costs (e.g. what happened in the three gorges disaster in the perennially polluted country lying on the north east of Tibet).

We no longer need to divert the water, just bottle it as "TIBET SPRING" and server 1.4 blllions. :azn: Indeed a precious blue gold. So India can feel more relief now.:lol:

If your 1.4 billion people keep crying like they currently do.. your country will never have shortage of water.

Cry Cry.. because it helps mother china. :laugh:

If your 1.4 billion people keep crying like they currently do.. your country will never have shortage of water. Cry Cry.. because it helps mother china. :laugh:

Why cry a river about water when we have full control of it..doesn't make any sense what you said:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Why cry a river about water when we have full control of it..doesn't make any sense what you said:rolleyes:

Is it so difficult to google??

All the same, here's what the three gorges disaster did:

China's largest freshwater lake dries up | Environment | Guardian Weekly

And I have time to paste further links.

If crying cannot solve water problems, neither can filling up water bottles.

The main cost in the drinking water bottle is not the "water" .... but the diesel spent in transporting it.

An article with 3 paras, with no comments by anyone in a position of authority to substantiate the claims. And that's all it takes for our chinese friends to get off, prematurely.

As for india being able to construct 292 dams - India has (till 2012) constructed about 3200 of them!! Another 300 looks like a pretty modest target for 2050. Let's also hope that with the dams, we are also able to discreetly lower the water flowing into the lower riparian states.

their is no claim that India will build 292 dams on Himalaya by GOI.most likely a fake news article without any proof...and if India built it,well,I'll say then,RIP Bangladesh(though thats not going to happen).anyway,trollers,have some fun.. :enjoy:

by the way,Pakistani newspaper jumped on this (fake)article and posted this...

India to build 292 dams in Himalayas

Scientists and citizens alike are crying foul, however, pointing out that the dams will probably displace millions and wreck ecosystems throughout the Himalayas.

but we,Indians never heard about building such massive numbers of dams... :rofl: :rofl:

Indian Media faces tough competition from the other side of the border:lol:

They are building dams on glaciers :lol: Indian IQ

Perhaps my IQ is not god enough to understand what you wrote here. Can you please elaborate?

Is it so difficult to google??

All the same, here's what the three gorges disaster did:

China's largest freshwater lake dries up | Environment | Guardian Weekly

And I have time to paste further links.

If crying cannot solve water problems, neither can filling up water bottles.

The main cost in the drinking water bottle is not the "water" .... but the diesel spent in transporting it.

Indeed we have shortage of water that's why we will make Tibet water as our primary drinking water, Tibet is our water making machine ;) and if we can bottle these Tibet spring water and share with 1.4 billions of our people, do we really care about the cost of diesel? regardless of other usage with water at least we can insure to have proper drinking water for our population.

Indeed we have shortage of water that's why we will make Tibet water as our primary drinking water, Tibet is our water making machine ;) and if we can bottle these Tibet spring water and share with 1.4 billions of our people, do we really care about the cost of diesel? regardless of other usage with water at least we can insure to have proper drinking water for our population.

Your population has stabilized, nothing worrying for us. Poor or rich drink same amount of water. :sarcastic:

Your population has stabilized, nothing worrying for us. Poor or rich drink same amount of water. :sarcastic:

Indeed Rich don't need more drinking water than poor but the problem is that the water is depleting day by day due to industrial polution and abuse, so what ever you said will not longer be true.

Indians can't keep their promise for next year and they are making predictions for 2050. *facepalm*
And they ask why they are not taken seriously by the international community.

Dont worry it wont happen in India.
The land of Medha Patkar, Arundhati Roy, Harsh Mander, Aruna Roy, and many more to involve Indian courts to diminish Indian progress.

But I can not promise you, if Mr. Modi came to power on national scene.

Back
Top Bottom