What's new

India to acquire three Admiral Grigorovich-class frigates from Russia

Great news...had it been used on any submarines at all? Let alone nuclear ones? We are pretty sure Arihant uses AB steel and not even DMR ones.
Not sure about Arihant but all of her 3 follow up Subs under fabrication using DMR 292A Steel.

Why buy a ship doesn't have reliable supply of power plant? UKRAINE had rejected providing Diesel engine to Russian fleet. By the way, Russians buys Chinese Disel engine for their battle ships.

Why buy a ship doesn't have reliable supply of power plant? UKRAINE had rejected providing Diesel engine to Russian fleet. By the way, Russians buys Chinese Disel engine for their battle ships.
The power plant for the Both the Talwar Class and the Admiral Grigorovich-class frigate are COGAG ie. Gas Turbines in this case built by Mashproekt (Ukraine) NOT Diesel Engines!

Maybe you are talking about the Electrical supply , this is case the Electrical Diesel Generator is from Denmark

India Started facing Out Russian ROE Steel in favor of SAIL india Back In 2003 When India started To developing its Steel For its CSL Ship yard for its Indigenous Aircraft Carrier
View attachment 324692
I m talking about dmr 292 submarine steel genius.

All you know is the fillings....we deal with all types of alloys, ceramics, composites.

The only question that I asked was what is the equivalent of DMR 249 used by the Chinese. It is not 980 steel.
The only thing I told you was we are using many types of steel not just 980. And again the argument was about whether submarine steel n warship steel is the same

I m talking about dmr 292 submarine steel genius.

The only thing I told you was we are using many types of steel not just 980. And again the argument was about whether submarine steel n warship steel is the same
All steels are Imported from Sail as of Now 2016

ROE Russia is debarred after their issues Security guarantee with Reserve bank of India

The report posted is from CAG

I don't get the logic here. If you have indigenous capability in frigates, then why are you still buying Russian? You have the Shivalik class right? 3 billion is alot of money. My sincere suggestion to Indians, stop this bullshit, invest 100-200 million and upgrade a private yard, then build the Shivalik. All I can see here is Indians paying tribute to appease the Russians.

You have access to good Israeli electronics, why settle for lower grade Russian junk. China stopped buying any Russian naval electronics long ago. I like to mess up you guys to teach you humility, but it makes me sad seeing you guys getting fleeced by a former 'superpower'. The money could have been spent hiring Indians, giving income to thousands of workers.

Unless the report says "Deal signed for purchase of...", take every news report regarding defence purchase with a pinch of salt. According to media reports, India will be purchasing pretty much every fighter aircraft on the planet, and everything Russia makes. The moment some blogger reads about a new weapon system on Wikipedia, and he thinks it would be good for India to purchase, he puts it in his blog, and then PDF discusses it as a confirmed order. Some newspapers regurgitate it as having come from "top sources in the MoD" or "Highly placed officials", without of course, naming them. Wait until a deal is signed, or at least until official negotiations have begun.

IMO, unless this is a distress sale by Russia, at a very cheap price, there is no way the IN will purchase this. They already have the Shivalik class, which is much more advanced than the Talwars, with plenty of stealth features and advanced electronics. They are also building the follow on to the Shivalik class.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom