What's new

India to acquire three Admiral Grigorovich-class frigates from Russia

U haven't proved anything! but just saying, u don't read t what u post as a link! but like saying it. A STANDARD FLAW LOGIC chinese reply

and NOW taking a small line WITHOUT Reading THE WHOL:E ARTICLE!!!

India, Russia likely to sign deal for 4 stealth frigates

"Like the earlier ships, these will also be built by Yantar shipyard but will additionally involve an Indian partner in line with the government’s ‘Make in India’ push. Officials said Pipavav shipyard owned by Anil Ambani’s Reliance group is likely to be the Indian partner in the deal. Incidentally Russian Navy too has recently ordered these ships for its Baltic fleet. Both sides have been in discussions for the additional frigates for some time but the deal was delayed as India insisted on building it through the ‘Make in India’ route"

Its ALL In DISCUSSION , the IND Govt wants to build this in our yard , if you read the article is DATED 2015!!

Which Idiot will name their ships and have them built for their Navy and then decides last minute to sell them!?
Saar, the same article just said it is to be built in Yantar yard, but with Indian involvement means in the future the subsequent vessels maybe made in India. From all the sources available online and from past practices, Russia will most likely sell the initial 3 vessels under construction to India, and the main reason because they have a lack of funds and India being the good Russian serf, will just buy it off hand, with supposedly 'TOT' of course. But what is there to TOT for a frigate? You already have a decent Shivalik, unless of course you are not confident with your own design? LOL.

I haven't prove anything? Your own DMR-249 steel is to be used for submarines...yet you still argue? Just admit you are wrong and learn, there is no shame. You are another typical indy, keep on arguing, living in denial and not acknowledging facts. I guess it's good for China.

To help improve your understanding power further, read below article.
https://news.usni.org/2016/08/04/report-india-buy-3-russian-admiral-grigorovich-frigates

All along they were trying to offload the last three frigates under construction, due in part by the Ukrainian turbine fiasco and also because of funding issues.

Last edited:
Saar, the same article just said it is to be built in Yantar yard, but with Indian involvement means in the future the subsequent vessels maybe made in India. From all the sources available online and from past practices, Russia will most likely sell the initial 3 vessels under construction to India, and the main reason because they have a lack of funds and India being the good Russian serf, will just buy it off hand, with supposedly 'TOT' of course. But what is there to TOT for a frigate? You already have a decent Shivalik, unless of course you are not confident with your own design? LOL.
Wow A STANDARD Chinese changing the goal post reply! with Flawed logic

if you read the wiki link u have posted !

"The Admiral Grigorovich class (Фрегаты проекта 11356Р/М) is the latest class of frigates ordered by the Russian Navy for the Black Sea Fleet. Six ships (two batches of three ships)[2] have been ordered so far to be built by the "Yantar" shipyard in Kaliningrad""

3 are already being inducted to the Russian Navy the last 3 is the issue

If you used some level of intelligence (or Lack of )

1) that the Russian Navy ordered this ONLY After development was done for the IN
2) The Shivalik Class is of 6,000 Tonnage while the Talwar class is 4,000 and already an additional improved Shivalik Class called Project 17A is ordered and being built - the name of this class is yet to be decided

Stop making a joke of yourself everytime!

Wow A STANDARD Chinese changing the goal post reply! with Flawed logic

if you read the wiki link u have posted !

"The Admiral Grigorovich class (Фрегаты проекта 11356Р/М) is the latest class of frigates ordered by the Russian Navy for the Black Sea Fleet. Six ships (two batches of three ships)[2] have been ordered so far to be built by the "Yantar" shipyard in Kaliningrad""

3 are already being inducted to the Russian Navy the last 3 is the issue

If you used some level of intelligence (or Lack of )

1) that the Russian Navy ordered this ONLY After development was done for the IN
2) The Shivalik Class is of 6,000 Tonnage while the Talwar class is 4,000 and already an additional improved Shivalik Class called Project 17A is ordered and being built - the name of this class is yet to be decided

Stop making a joke of yourself everytime!
What's wrong with the WIKI link? i think you seriously have some understanding issues. That's what I just said 3 ships under construction shall be sold to India. What development was done with IN? The initial 3 ships to be supplied to India will most likely be those 3 under construction ships. The subsequent ships would most likely be built in India. What do you not understand?

You either have a frigate or a destroyer, so 4000 tone frigate is still a frigate. So you are telling me you are going after the Russian ship because Shivalik is 6000 tonnes? LOL.

The frigate trio for India — the last three ships for the planned six-ship class – were originally planned as part of the Russian Navy’s $2.4 billion refresh of its 1980s era Black Sea Fleet but construction of the ships have been delayed in part due to the refusal of the Ukrainian defense industry to supply the Russian Navy with gas turbines.

This was from my USNI link.

Last edited:
Mr. Guardian, first you tell me submarine steel and warship steel is different. I proved you wrong, then now you start babbling about AB/AB2/AB3 steel, of course those are different grades, and ALL had been used in submarine construction before. Your point being?

This is a quote from your link > .
It has not been finalized but either way the 3 ships under construction were intended to be sold to India. I am merely quoting wikipedia, the all time favorite official Indian source. LOL.
steel alloys fro ships and subs are differant, subs have to handle huge amount of preasure on the hull whist ships dont need to cope with such preasures, also the grade of steel on subs is much higher than that of on surface ships. also the thickness of the alloy subs will have a thicker hull and will be double hull.
but china MAY use the same grade steel but in differant thicknesses

What's wrong with the WIKI link? i think you seriously have some understanding issues. That's what I just said 3 ships under construction shall be sold to India. What development was done with IN? The initial 3 ships to be supplied to India will most likely be those 3 under construction ships. The subsequent ships would most likely be built in India. What do you not understand?

You either have a frigate or a destroyer, so 4000 tone frigate is still a frigate. So you are telling me you are going after the Russian ship because Shivalik is 6000 tonnes? LOL.

This was from my USNI link.
U seriously have reading issues and lack of education and doing SOME Basic Reseach!

The Talwar Class Project 1135.6, the first of her Class was Launch in 2000 A FULL 10 YEARS AHEAD of the first ship for Admiral Grigorovich class

There are 6 Ships in her class when the last ship being active in 2013

Since the Admiral Grigorovich class Project 1135.6 P/M lauched in 2010 (A FULL TEN YEARS) is based on the Talwar Class - see the specs and weapon, except the VLS and Brahmos , both ship are pretty much the same

Now which Idiot IN THE WORLD WILL BUILD 6 ships of 2 flights , for their NAVY, ALREADY NAMED THEM. Have Lauched the First 3 , about the finish the next 3 unit a crisis hits them!

In the mean time Russian and Ind Govt still have to decide on 4 ships and where to build them AND even BEFORE they Sign an Agreement. They build the last 3 for the IN??! Wow that is Some Magic!!!

u can post many links u want!... OFFICIALLY HAS ANY DEAL IS SIGNED??

Stop making a Joke of yourself

Last edited:
I am not racist, I am just saying he has a Tamil sounding name. What's wrong with you. Again, I seriously doubt you understand anything, the AB steel used for submarine and the AB steel used for warships are the same, genius! It's the testing procedure that is different to qualify it for submarine use.

You still don't get it do you? Why can't you just friggin build the Shivalik class? Please take the time to understand the article and do some research, India will FULLY IMPORT 3 frigates that are under construction in Russia!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Admiral_Grigorovich-class_frigate

Do you even know why they are pushing these ships to you? Do some critical thinking.

Mr. Satish, see above quote. YOU SAID AB steel. India only managed to copy/import up to AB steel, so why are you comparing to AK33 steel which is clearly off limits to you?

http://www.deccanherald.com/content/385482/india-manufacture-indigenous-submarines-soon.html?mstac=0

Read the above article and understand it. Using AB class steel for submarines is like 2 decades behind Chinese technology. You haven't even seen the latest alloy for PLAN. =)

Man I am a dentist. And you need to understand that there is no one who knows and understands material sciences as much as we do. You still have not answered what is the equivalent of warship grade steel like the DMR 249A steel that we use.

That journo does not even know what he is talking about as submarine hulls have to withstand a lot of high pressure in depths. So they tend to have more tensile strength. But the ships need more hardness to protect themselves from attacks on the surface.

The High strength Low alloy steel is a form of tempered steel which has lower carbon content. You remember that quenching process done in swords....that cannot be done in a large scale so they use all other isomeric elements to give strength to the steel. The best being Titanium, but titanium being costlier other metals are used.

That is why I wanted to know the name of the steel that the Chinese ship building Industry uses...we have a name called DMR 249...want to know what you have named it.

Man I am a dentist. And you need to understand that there is no one who knows and understands material sciences as much as we do. You still have not answered what is the equivalent of warship grade steel like the DMR 249A steel that we use.
Leave it man....
That journo does not even know what he is talking about as submarine hulls have to withstand a lot of high pressure in depths. So they tend to have more tensile strength. But the ships need more hardness to protect themselves from attacks on the surface.

The High strength Low alloy steel is a form of tempered steel which has lower carbon content. You remember that quenching process done in swords....that cannot be done in a large scale so they use all other isomeric elements to give strength to the steel. The best being Titanium, but titanium being costlier other metals are used.

That is why I wanted to know the name of the steel that the Chinese ship building Industry uses...we have a name called DMR 249...want to know what you have named it.

Good, now a dentist is a material scientist. The point here is, Satish, the SAME FREAKING STEEL IS USED. Can you just get it into your brain?

Chinese industry uses a few types of steel, there is even a grade of titanium alloy used to reduce magnetic signature.

Your DMR-249 steel is used in submarines too, can you get it?:toast_sign:

steel alloys fro ships and subs are differant, subs have to handle huge amount of preasure on the hull whist ships dont need to cope with such preasures, also the grade of steel on subs is much higher than that of on surface ships. also the thickness of the alloy subs will have a thicker hull and will be double hull.
but china MAY use the same grade steel but in differant thicknesses
India is using the same freaking DMR-249 steel for submarines too, explain that genius.

U seriously have reading issues and lack of education and doing SOME Basic Reseach!

The Talwar Class Project 1135.6, the first of her Class was Launch in 2000 A FULL 10 YEARS AHEAD of the first ship for Admiral Grigorovich class

There are 6 Ships in her class when the last ship being active in 2013

Since the Admiral Grigorovich class Project 1135.6 P/M lauched in 2010 (A FULL TEN YEARS) is based on the Talwar Class - see the specs and weapon, except the VLS and Brahmos , both ship are pretty much the same

Now which Idiot IN THE WORLD WILL BUILD 6 ships of 2 flights , for their NAVY, ALREADY NAMED THEM. Have Lauched the First 3 , about the finish the next 3 unit a crisis hits them!

In the mean time Russian and Ind Govt still have to decide on 4 ships and where to build them AND even BEFORE they Sign an Agreement. They build the last 3 for the IN??! Wow that is Some Magic!!!

u can post many links u want!... OFFICIALLY HAS ANY DEAL IS SIGNED??

Stop making a Joke of yourself

I don't know which idiot, but I know one idiotic country trying to buy a Talwar based design for around a billion USD.:yahoo:. How much more stupid can this get? OMG

1) The agreement is not signed
2) The Russian are pushing India to buy the 3 under construction ships as per news report

If the ships are essentially Talwar clones, why don't you just build it yourselves without paying the Russian? Use better Israeli electronics and weapons. Why? Why? Why?? Why are the Russians in the picture, unless of course you are buying semi finished hulls to be built in Russian yards, due in part to congestion in Indian yards as claimed by some of the members here.

India is set to purchase three frigates from Moscow originally intended for Russian Navy Black Sea Fleet, according to a Thursday report in Jane’s Defence Weekly.

Write to Janes and argue your case, I am just basing it from news reports. I see no point arguing, since you are so adamant on paying the Russian 1bil USD instead of developing your own capabilities. It's good for China anyway, a couple of thousand more starving dalits could have used that 1 bil, well what's the value of a low caste anyway compared to a Talwar class clone. Jai HInd!:disagree:

Last edited:
Good, now a dentist is a material scientist. The point here is, Satish, the SAME FREAKING STEEL IS USED. Can you just get it into your brain?

Chinese industry uses a few types of steel, there is even a grade of titanium alloy used to reduce magnetic signature.

India is using the same freaking DMR-249 steel for submarines too, explain that genius.

I don't know which idiot, but I know one idiotic country trying to buy a Talwar based design for around a billion USD.:yahoo:. How much more stupid can this get? OMG

2) The Russian are pushing India to buy the 3 under construction ships as per news report

If the ships are essentially Talwar clones, why don't you just build it yourselves without paying the Russian? Use better Israeli electronics and weapons. Why? Why? Why?? Why are the Russians in the picture, unless of course you are buying semi finished hulls to be built in Russian yards, due in part to congestion in Indian yards as claimed by some of the members here.

Write to Janes and argue your case, I am just basing it from news reports. I see no point arguing, since you are so adamant on paying the Russian 1bil USD instead of developing your own capabilities. It's good for China anyway, a couple of thousand more starving dalits could have used that 1 bil, well what's the value of a low caste anyway compared to a Talwar class clone. Jai HInd!:disagree:

No we use the AK 33 equivalent in submarines. Now I know that you have been BSing everyone here. Thank you for proving your point. And just go and ask your dentist how much material science he was drilled into in his first year and you will know why even guys majoring in material science don't comment.

41BtMxebb-L._SX352_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Suggest you to read this before you start spewing more cr*p here.

http://www.grse.nic.in/tender_file/2012.07.25_12-58-11merged QA.pdf

You see the difference between the tensile strength and yeild strength compared to the 980 is much lower.

Last edited:

Your lack of understanding and education is Really disturbing!

YOU HAVE Made a Joke of yourself

No we use the AK 33 equivalent in submarines. Now I know that you have been BSing everyone here. Thank you for proving your point. And just go and ask your dentist how much material science he was drilled into in his first year and you will know why even guys majoring in material science don't comment.

Suggest you to read this before you start spewing more cr*p here.

http://www.grse.nic.in/tender_file/2012.07.25_12-58-11merged QA.pdf

You see the difference between the tensile strength and yeild strength compared to the 980 is much lower.
Great dental fillings is equivalent to warship steel now. You use AK33? You smoking pot? See below. Seriously are you guys really living in fantasy?

In the first step, the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) will set up an agency in Hyderabad to test and certify the steel that will be used in making the indigenous submarine.

The underwater vessel will be made using the same DMR-249A and 249B steel – manufactured by the Steel Authority of India Ltd – that was used to make aircraft carrier Vikrant and P-28 missile corvettes.

Source: https://defence.pk/threads/india-to...-diesel-submarines-soon.300473/#ixzz4GuuhPfla

AK33? Lol...OK...this bullshit has got to stop. I think you already know the answers.

Great dental fillings is equivalent to warship steel now. You use AK33? You smoking pot? See below. Seriously are you guys really living in fantasy?

AK33? Lol...OK...this bullshit has got to stop. I think you already know the answers.
The special steel has been tested for use by nuclear powered submarines at SAIL’s Rourkela plant. Codenamed DMR292A, the special steel is exclusively for “underwater projects”.
http://www.financialexpress.com/art...up-for-producing-steel-for-submarines/105185/

All you know is the fillings....we deal with all types of alloys, ceramics, composites.

The only question that I asked was what is the equivalent of DMR 249 used by the Chinese. It is not 980 steel.

Great news...had it been used on any submarines at all? Let alone nuclear ones? We are pretty sure Arihant uses AB steel and not even DMR ones.
India Started facing Out Russian ROE Steel in favor of SAIL india Back In 2003 When India started To developing its Steel For its CSL Ship yard for its Indigenous Aircraft Carrier
Chapter 2 Performance Audit on Construction of Indigenous Aircraft Carrier-page-026.jpg

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom