What's new

India: Thousands dead due to floods in Uttarakhand, 70,000 missing

Reminds me chipko movement in 1970's that gathered massive momentum within localites of Tehri Garhwal. Fury of mother nature is indeed beyond our control , but we can do is reduce the impact. That's the key where our impotent politicians play at the hands of greedy mafias.

Tragic.. According to reports the damage would have been less if not for hydro power dams built haphazardly and massive deforestation leading to earth slips.. You cant f@ck around with mother nature and not expect to get f@ucked back.. R.I.P to those demised

Actually I agree with you on the deforestation part. The hills have been stripped bare of vegetation. A result of that is frequent landslides. But those hydel projects are a necessity. Catch 22 situation

19TH_BRIDGE_1491166g.jpg

Uttarakhand Govt trying best to keep the casualties number under carpet..... death toll is in thousands and they still claiming 200 deaths !! :cry:

I heard that India Meteorological Department forecast rainy season will come at 22nd June, but it came at 16th, is it true??May be India Meteorological Department need more powerful supercomputer.
RiP

I heard that India Meteorological Department forecast rainy season will come at 22nd June, but it came at 16th, is it true??May be India Meteorological Department need more powerful supercomputer.
RiP

Right because India is the only nation on earth that experiences such events.

Stop trolling and show some humanity.

RiP

Stop trolling

RiP

Pathetic!! Stop trolling!!

RiP

Genius !

You ' heard' .. now you sound like a BDeshi.

It was a cloud burst not a monsoon shower. The precipitation level increased in the clouds to a point that they just opened up.

It happened in Laddakh too some years ago.

Indiscriminate construction & felling of trees.

Back
Top Bottom