What's new

India: Thousands dead due to floods in Uttarakhand, 70,000 missing

Rest in peace poor souls. Hope missing persons will be find out by army.

It's a disaster of epic proportions. Reports say Kedarnath town has been completely wiped out. The temple has also been damaged. Thousands are missing.

70000 are not missing but stranded!! Hope Armed forces will get them out to the safe places soon.

Indeed scary to see various videos of devastation. Those places had been so close to my heart.

My heart goes out to innocents stranded and those who have lost their lives. Let Us All Prey For Them... :cry:

It rained so bad that some houses in our "mohalla" were flooded. Doon was fortunate though, the remote hilly regions were'nt.

This is tragic. any reason for the floods? I find it quite stupid from dams when they reach up to full water capacity they open the damn thing in sudden without any beforehand warning. I hope that was not the case here

1017475_214355295381803_428700873_n.jpg

1016138_214355358715130_390965478_n.jpg

Tragic.. According to reports the damage would have been less if not for hydro power dams built haphazardly and massive deforestation leading to earth slips.. You cant f@ck around with mother nature and not expect to get f@ucked back.. R.I.P to those demised

This is tragic. any reason for the floods? I find it quite stupid from dams when they reach up to full water capacity they open the damn thing in sudden without any beforehand warning. I hope that was not the case here

Cloud burst. Ecological imbalance owing to felling of trees, constructions along the fragile river banks in Himalayan region. Uttarakhand has a history of torrential rains.

People also blame the hydel projects being carried in the Tehri Garhwal region which is causing damage to mother nature.

No mate cloud burst is the reason.

No it was due to the heavy rain and flash floods.....actually this time in less than 17 days it was 70% more rains than it usually does in entire mansoon......

Back
Top Bottom