What's new

India textbook says meat-eaters lie and commit sex crimes

What an incredibly stupid thing to publish in a school test book! Either case S Chand is not a "leading" publisher in India and I hope they get rid of this stupidity.

But I have to say, I do feel a lot more horny(tmi) after eating red meat:cheesy:

Even better than meat.

Drink a glass of non-refined Pom juice in the morning. A big glass.

Trust.

belgian-blue-cow.jpg

Great reply. Like I said, you can't argue. Just look at things in general. :D

Take lies and sex crimes out of the equation for a moment and think of Violence in general.

Read some books on Neuroscience, habit formation, personality formation and how human brain evolves. We are talking of a book, may be you should read few.

More exposure to violence make people more violent.

Hamburger is actually made with beef.
Not necessarily.

A hamburger (also called a hamburger sandwich, burger or hamburg) is a sandwich consisting of a cooked patty of ground meat usually placed inside a sliced bread roll. Hamburgers are often served with lettuce, bacon, tomato, onion, pickles, cheese and condiments such as mustard, mayonnaise, ketchup and relish.
The term "burger", can also be applied to the meat patty on its own, especially in the UK where the term "patty" is rarely used. The term may be prefixed with the type of meat as in "beef burger".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamburger

Meat is meant for eating by humans , it's the nature. No wonder why Indian Hindus have less fertility rate than Indian Muslims who are double than Hindus at sex, how do these malnutritioned veggies live ???

ok here is the thing

1. Indian govt or rather CBSE(Central Board for Secondary Education) publishes NCERT books which serve as the basis of sysllabus.

2. NCERT sysllabus is compulsary for both Govt. N Private schools.

3. While NCERT books r prferred in Govt. School, Private Schools generally tend to go for Reference Books published by Private Publishers which r based on NCERT book syllabus.

4. As from class 1-9 exams r internal school exams they tend to go reference books as they explain thing better through diagrams n colorfull pictures in comparision to Govt. Published NCERT books.

Besides the book in the question here is some new subject book so some religious fanatic might have added some personal opinions but its the responsibility of the publisher S Chand to check the subject material properly before publishing anything as its not possible for the Govt. to go into each n every details of everything....:agree:

Meat is meant for eating by humans , it's the nature. No wonder why Indian Hindus have less fertility rate than Indian Muslims who are double than Hindus at sex, how do these malnutritioned veggies live ???
Not in nature. Humans started eating meat because they learned it first. They weren't intelligent enough to grow crops.

Hindus are 80% population of India which has total population of 1.2 billion. Now calculate how many Hindus are there in world considering its majority in one country in entire world. How many Christians and Muslims are there in the world even with so many countries have them as in majority ?

Now do some calculations. Cultivable Land under Christians, Muslims and Hindus and their respective population. Also, Christians and Muslims can have meat from animals that can eat plants which are not edible for Hindus.

Look at the ratio. (Total number of people in one religion)/ (Total cultivable land). You will have your answer.

As for malnourishment, in Africa all people eat meat, aren't people their malnourished ? Malnourishment is due to poverty not due to being vegetarian.

Don't make conclusions without even studying the data. Back up your claims with some statistics.

BTW why pork is not being eaten by Muslims, Christians can argue it is in human nature to eat any meat. Look at the most powerful nations in the world. All eat pork. US, Russia, China, Britain, France, all eat pork.

Meat-eaters "easily cheat, lie, forget promises and commit sex crimes", according to a controversial school textbook available in India.

New Healthway, a book on hygiene and health aimed at 11 and 12 year-olds, is printed by one of India's leading publishers.

Academics have urged the government to exercise greater control.

But the authorities say schools should monitor content as they are responsible for the choice of textbooks.

"This is poisonous for children," Janaki Rajan of the Faculty of Education at Jamia Millia University in Delhi told the BBC.

"The government has the power to take action, but they are washing their hands of it," she said.

It is not known which Indian schools have bought the book for their students, but correspondents say what is worrying is that such a book is available to students.

"The strongest argument that meat is not essential food is the fact that the Creator of this Universe did not include meat in the original diet for Adam and Eve. He gave them fruits, nuts and vegetables," reads a chapter entitled Do We Need Flesh Food?

The chapter details the "benefits" of a vegetarian diet and goes on to list "some of the characteristics" found among non-vegetarians.

"They easily cheat, tell lies, forget promises, they are dishonest and tell bad words, steal, fight and turn to violence and commit sex crimes," it says.

The chapter, full of factual inaccuracies, refers to Eskimos (Inuit) as "lazy, sluggish and short-lived", because they live on "a diet largely of meat".

It adds: "The Arabs who helped in constructing the Suez Canal lived on wheat and dates and were superior to the beef-fed Englishmen engaged in the same work."

The publishers, S Chand, did not respond to the BBC's requests for a comment.

Source:-

BBC News - India textbook says meat-eaters lie and commit sex crimes

This book is not published and promoted by GOI. It is promoted by some private school like your hard line madarsas to its student. imagine what your madarsas teach their students about hindus, zews and other non believers. You will never find any such matter in GOI owned schools and books. But I heard that even books published by govt in pakistan include a lot of hate content.
Pakistani textbooks controversy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This book is not published and promoted by GOI. It is promoted by some private school like your hard line madarsas to its student. imagine what your madarsas teach their students about hindus, zews and other non believers. You will never find any such matter in GOI owned schools and books. But I heard that even books published by govt in pakistan include a lot of hate content.
Pakistani textbooks controversy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You pulling up Wikipedia shows all you know about Pakistani textbooks

Not necessarily.

A hamburger (also called a hamburger sandwich, burger or hamburg) is a sandwich consisting of a cooked patty of ground meat usually placed inside a sliced bread roll. Hamburgers are often served with lettuce, bacon, tomato, onion, pickles, cheese and condiments such as mustard, mayonnaise, ketchup and relish.
The term "burger", can also be applied to the meat patty on its own, especially in the UK where the term "patty" is rarely used. The term may be prefixed with the type of meat as in "beef burger".

Krait, I know what I'm typing about, besides your response is very copy-paste sounding, I looked it up and it's from Wiki. Let me explain a hamburger is vast majority of the time made from beef. It has nothing to do with "Ham" it's called a "Hamburger" because it is believed to originate from Hamburg, Germany.

Also you should credit Wiki in your post, otherwise that's plagiarism.

Take lies and sex crimes out of the equation for a moment and think of Violence in general.

Read some books on Neuroscience, habit formation, personality formation and how human brain evolves. We are talking of a book, may be you should read few.

Please dont ask him to read. he is not habitual of reading anything logical and scientific. may be he is not habitual to read at all like his many many other compatriots here in pdf.

Krait, I know what I'm typing about, besides your response is very copy-paste sounding, I looked it up and it's from Wiki. Let me explain a hamburger is vast majority of the time made from beef. It has nothing to do with "Ham" it's called a "Hamburger" because it is believed to originate from Hamburg, Germany.

Also you should credit Wiki in your post, otherwise that's plagiarism.
Yeah buddy, its copy paste. Where did I deny it. I was just telling the info from Wiki source so that you can get my point. Sorry for not giving the web link.

Done it buddy.

I've seen plenty of violence, and I am not violent.

Same as many children that choose not to smoke when their parents do.

The correlation you're trying to draw is non-existent or very poorly researched.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom