What's new

India tests long-range nuclear-capable Agni-III missile

Not just American instruments,but indian instruments also corrobated the findings.Now u have this penchant to underestimate india...go ahead do that as much as u want.

And dont be mistaken , india isnt buying any Soyuz from russia.We are testing our very owm GSLV rockets for that matter.:wave:

well, human cannot sit exposed on a rocket. it need space craft. Check again, India was looking to buy Soyuz to help bring Indians to space. I think India should just allow Russians or Americans to send Indians up the space. The money saved can be given to the Indian poor.

:mod: :police: I feel a war on this thread

India + USA Vs China

For India, China is not a baby....wake up time for u ...USA wana use u against China..West is scared with China's eco growth.

By the way..I dont beleive that India will ever dare to do any silly unless USA pinches it. :cheers:

:china: :pakistan:

"But if you insist, I will concede that the American instrument sit on an Indian probe fire by Indian rocket in an Indian project with American assistance." - faithfulguy

chandrayan was not done with american assistance,
we carried one of the american payload along with others from ESA,
the agrrement was that we will carry the payload for free but the data collected should be shared with us

For India to send people to space, it needs Soyuz. Isn't India buying Soyuz. Also, the instrument to discover water on the moon. So do not take credit for American discovery. :usflag:
But if you insist, I will concede that the American instrument sit on an Indian probe fire by Indian rocket in an Indian project with American assistance. :usflag:

You are welcome

it's like a pizza delivery guy. The guy cannot say he made the pizza. However, one still need give some credits to the delivery guy. Afterall, the pizza cannot be delivered without the delivery guy though he is not the only one can do the delivery job.

"But if you insist, I will concede that the American instrument sit on an Indian probe fire by Indian rocket in an Indian project with American assistance." - faithfulguy

chandrayan was not done with american assistance,
we carried one of the american payload along with others from ESA,
the agrrement was that we will carry the payload for free but the data collected should be shared with us

Ok. I'm certain that US didn't assist India when India can accomplish something.

To all those who think only moon mapper discovered water on moon.... the Moon Mineralogy Mapper (M3), a payload by NASA, onboard Chandrayaan I lunar orbiter has detected, by mapping almost 97 % of the lunar surface using remote sensing techniques, the presence of water in ice form in higher latitudes especially in the polar caps whereas the CHACE payload (developed by ISRO) in the lunar impactor (MIP) has directly detected water in its gaseous form along 14 degree E meridian from 45 degree N to 90 degree S latitude, with a latitudinal resolution of around 0.10 and altitudinal resolution of ~ 250 m from 98 km altitude till impact . ... So credit goes to both of Us...

I have two questions on Agni III missile.

1. How agile this missile is?
2. Can it evade anti-missile systems?

:mod: :police: I feel a war on this thread

India + USA Vs China

For India, China is not a baby....wake up time for u ...USA wana use u against China..West is scared with China's eco growth.

By the way..I dont beleive that India will ever dare to do any silly unless USA pinches it. :cheers:

:china: :pakistan:
By your logic, don't you think that the strategy in South Asia is evolving both ways? If according to you the United States has been using the Indians, don't you think that China is using Pakistani citizens against the Indians? After all, it is beneficial to both Chinese and Pakistanis in hedging against a common rival.

Strategically, no one in today's world can 'use' anyone. The days of cold war are over and many emerging nations have emerged already each one following an individual policy. It isn't that easy to make someone 'follow' a great power. There shall be technological and economic cooperation but the tolerance for using someone would be extremely limited, unless of course the recipient country over-depends on the giver excessively in various spheres like economy, all the three services of military, infrastructure etc.

From the Indian foreign policy that has been seen since at least last twenty years, I don't think they are the lower partners in any great game. Engaging the United States and therefore the entire West is just a mutually beneficial deal whereby the Indians get West's technological expertise while we are able to tap into the Indian market and their academic pool of human resources.

This as seen by the neutral world, is economically strategic relations similar to what Indians have with Russians and Israelis when it comes to weaponry.

For India to send people to space, it needs Soyuz. Isn't India buying Soyuz. Also, the instrument to discover water on the moon. So do not take credit for American discovery. :usflag:
But if you insist, I will concede that the American instrument sit on an Indian probe fire by Indian rocket in an Indian project with American assistance. :usflag:

You are welcome

India's probe found water on Moon before NASA

Bangalore: India's Moon Impact Probe (MIP) was the first instrument to detect water on the moon - way back in November last year when the spacecraft Chandrayaan-1 entered lunar orbit, space agency chief G Madhavan Nair said here on Friday.

"I am happy to share for the first time with all of you that the MIP, while it was descending from Chandrayaan to the moon on November 14, 2008, picked up strong signals of water particles on the lunar surface," the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) chairman told reporters here.

During its 20-minute descent from the Chandrayaan mother spacecraft until its impact near the pole, the 34-kg probe found the water particles varying from the lunar equator.

The variation is under increasing trend. It is clearly coinciding with the observation from the Moon Mineralogy Mapper (M3) data of the US-based National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA).

"So, we have now multiple ways of confirming the presence of water on the moon. This is being acknowledged the world over as a real discovery. It is a path-breaking event as far as ISRO is concerned," an elated Nair said.

The mass spectrometre in the MIP registered signatures of hydrogen, helium, oxygen, carbon dioxide and water.

"In that signature, we could see a strong component corresponding to a mass fraction of 18, which is nothing but water. We had a serious doubt at that time. From the initial data, we could see a clear trend of increasing magnitude in the water molecules as it goes towards the poles. It is in line with what has come from M3," Nair pointed out.

The spectrometre also measured the constituents of the thin lunar atmosphere during the 20-minute descent.

After the probe hit the lunar surface, the spectrometre analysed the chemicals and minerals of the moon and relayed the data to the earth.

M3 principal investigator Carle Pieters confirmed in a paper published in Science Express, September 24 edition, that Chandrayaan-1 found evidence of water on the lunar surface.

M3 was one of the 11 scientific instruments on board Chandrayaan that the ISRO launched with fanfare October 22, 2008, but the lunar mission had to be aborted on August 30 after it lost radio contact with the earth.

The Hyper-Spectral Imager (HySI) of ISRO supported M3 in recording the water signature very clearly.

In addition, NASA has got confirmation about the presence of water from the data sent by its Deep Impact Probe, which observed the moon for a week June 2-9, 2009, and from the analysis of archived data of lunar observation by its Cassini in 1999 on its way to Saturn.

"We had indication of this (water on moon) way back in June. But we did not want to announce it for the simple reason this is of such a global significance. It has to come in one of the well-established journals and Science Express has brought out this article. We have timed the announcement to that event," Nair clarified.

Admitting that the water was not in the form of a sea, lake or even a puddle, Nair said it was embedded in the surface, minerals and rocks.

"We have clear indication that hydroxyl (OH) and water (H2O) molecules are present on the surface. The quantity found is much larger than what we expected. This is a real finding and we are happy to say that starting from 70 degrees latitude (of the moon) to the polar region, the intensity of the signatures goes up," Nair noted.

The data has also revealed the temperature and variation of the content of the water on the surface.

"To extract water out of this, we have to evolve techniques and if we process one tonne of the soil, we may get half-litre of water. So, that is going to be the real challenge," Nair said.

Terming the stunning discovery as the first in the history of space research, the top scientist said it was only a small step towards the scientific exploration of the planetary system.

"We have to go a long way. Our own instruments (five) have sent volumes of data, which are being compiled and analysed. It may take anywhere between six months and three years for the scientists to digest the massive data. More interesting findings will come out of this maiden lunar mission," Nair added.

http://sify.com/news/indias-probe-f...re-nasa-news-national-jjzt4chiged.html:bunny:

it's like a pizza delivery guy. The guy cannot say he made the pizza. However, one still need give some credits to the delivery guy. Afterall, the pizza cannot be delivered without the delivery guy though he is not the only one can do the delivery job.

It is the Pizza delivery guy who made the pizza and also delivers it.:bunny:

"India's probe found water on Moon before NASA"

Completely rofl owned. :)

One wonders why the Americans didn't send this device on their own moon orbiters? Doesn't seem like such a complex device.

For India to send people to space, it needs Soyuz. Isn't India buying Soyuz.
You are welcome

Mate,

You seems to lacing in knowledege. Go and learn about how china helped by Russians in their manned space mission and also they have purchased Russian Soyuz.

India is buying Soyuz just for training purposes, real time experiences and our manned space flight will be from our indigenous space craft.

We have made the rocket and also successfully tested reentry vehicle way back.

36bc3f7910d38865a3776a928ed58bb8.jpg

223bd19fbd93fa16b56f59dee06ca56c.jpg

There is a difference between dreaming and ambition. Even dogs can dream.

but indians achieve those dreams and more over ur a dog dreaming that u will defeat USA if a war breaks out in this decade :smokin::smokin::smokin:

All the Anti Indian guys here are just saying something guys. Allow them to show their frustration. if the say the west is frustrated with China Eco growth then China is frustrated with Indian Eco growth. Something that neither of our naighbours can digest. We will all lksten to them when theey post some facts with sources which are credible.

India buying soyuz, so what even US buys equipment from RUSSIA!!

but indians achieve those dreams and more over ur a dog dreaming that u will defeat USA if a war breaks out in this decade :smokin::smokin::smokin:

As I'm originally from Taiwan, I think you mean Taiwan will defeat USA this decade??? Also, maybe India will defeat USA with all the new missiles.

Back
Top Bottom