What's new

India test fires Agni-2 with range more than 2000 Km.

Well there would be tests from our side
Oh well good luck for those mate. By the end of this year we have planned 2-3 more tests BTW including canister launch Agni-5 ICBM.

India does not really need the icbm for pakistan. .its for someone else. .kahi pe nigaye kahi pe nishana ;)

@sancho @Capt.Popeye Will India replace Agni2 with Agni4? As both are very similar in dimensions and can use same RV If I am not wrong.

Congrats. What is new in agni-2? .Routine test or some improvements?

Last edited:
@sancho @Capt. Popeye Will India replace Agni2 with Agni4? As both are very similar in dimensions and can use same RV If I am not wrong.
Although the question isn't directed towards me, but of course A4 can replace A2. In my opinion, since DRDO and IA (SFC) don't have a headache for budget, following missiles should be retired and replaced as soon as possible:

-A1 with Shaurya
-A2 with A4
-A3 with A5

The mentioned respective systems are similar in dimensions so the SFC should not go through much trouble in re-assigning previous missile groups. However their RVs are different.

Well there would be tests from our side

These are operational tests carried out from time to time

The first prototype of an operational variant of the Agni-II, was tested on 11 April 1999 . The missile was tested to a range of ~2100 km

It has a 1980-vintage RV reportedly designed to be able to carry a BARC-developed, boosted nuclear weapon of 200 kt yield weighing 1,000 kg, also of 1980's vintage design. After making room for new and lighter Indian thermonuclear weapon payload, of 1995 vintage design, the MRV has room for about 200 kg more fuel.

So unless Pakistan tests an ICBM, nothing exceptional.

Back
Top Bottom