What's new

India tells China: Kashmir is to us what Tibet, Taiwan are to you

by CardSharp
Tibet card right?

Except from The Chinese Puzzle by Srinath Raghavan from the Centre for Policy Research, New Delhi.

Tibet card will force china to rethink its stand over Kashmir.

Last edited:

Tibet card will force china to rethink its stand over Tibet.

You mean Kashmir? If so hopefully, because India has always supported a "One China Policy"
Last thing we need right now is another war.

Oh pray tell, how would you play the Tibet card, what would it accomplish and how many countries would follow an Indian lead on the issue?

Tibet is already sensitive issue 2 most countries. India stirring the Tibet pot will not be good for China. Maybe our leaders should grow a spine and do the same when it comes 2 Kashmir issue. Start petitioning USA and other friendlies to put pressure on Indian establishment to hand us Kashmir.

Oh pray tell, how would you play the Tibet card, what would it accomplish and how many countries would follow an Indian lead on the issue?

Dont act smart Cardsharp.

Looks like you read only one side of my comment.

I didnt not use any word called as China or Tibet in that statement. I only commented about "ajtr's" knowledge on Indian backbone.

So just leave it.....else we both will be talking about who has more spine and we are much more sensible than that.

and just FYI -

Regarding Tibet - We are not playing any Tibet card, and we dont need a spine to play that card. Your own Tibetians are playing it themselves.

Dont act smart Cardsharp.

Looks like you read only one side of my comment.

I didnt not use any word called as China or Tibet in that statement. I only commented about "ajtr's" knowledge on Indian backbone.

So just leave it.....else we both will be talking about who has more spine and we are much more sensible than that.

and just FYI -

Regarding Tibet - We are not playing any Tibet card, and we dont need a spine to play that card. Your own Tibetians are playing it themselves.

Ahhh so an admission of using Tibetans in exile as a successful proxy against China?

Ahhh so an admission of using Tibetans in exile as a successful proxy against China?
Alas - Again reading one side of facts, looks like you are reading what you want to read. Sorry cant help it.......

I didnt say anything about it.

ok, food for thought -

You are thinking that we are using Tibetans in exile as proxies, According to you?. Its correct. but not according to me, coz thats what you think.

Now think, If India asks China not interfere in Kashmir as Kahmir is as important and problematic to us like Tibet and Taiwan is for you, whats wrong in that. At least an admission to a fact that its a country's internal matter will lead to first step of a solution.

If you are saying we are using Tibetans in exile as proxies, then We can say you are using Pakistan as proxy.

Sounds logical??, if yes then does it give us a platform to sit and talk or it leaves us in ambiguity and illusional perception abt each other.

Last edited:
This is a simple statement - J&K is as important for India as Tibet or Taiwan (or Xinjiang) are to China.

Where does this imply that India playing any kind of card. India is simply communicating the seriousness with which it views the J&K issue.

If you are saying we are using Tibetans in exile as proxies, then We can say you are using Pakistan as proxy.

Actually Chinese have never complained, in the past two decades say, that the Tibetan refugees are involved in any illegal activities. Simply because they don't have a leg to stand on.

If the Tibetans refugees are pushed out of India they would go to could Europe or USA. I don't think it would help China in the slightest.

Actually Chinese have never complained, in the past two decades say, that the Tibetan refugees are involved in any illegal activities. Simply because they don't have a leg to stand on.

If the Tibetans refugees are pushed out of India they would go to could Europe or USA. I don't think it would help China in the slightest.

Actually I agree. India in someways is doing a favour for China, it keeps a lid more or less on these exiles. If they are dispersed like chaff in the wind, they potentially could cause more harm.

Alas - Again reading one side of facts, looks like you are reading what you want to read. Sorry cant help it.......

I didnt say anything about it.

ok, food for thought -

You are thinking that we are using Tibetans in exile as proxies, According to you?. Its correct. but not according to me, coz thats what you think.

Now think, If India asks China not interfere in Kashmir as Kahmir is as important and problematic to us like Tibet and Taiwan is for you, whats wrong in that. At least an admission to a fact that its a country's internal matter will lead to first step of a solution.

Sounds logical??, if yes then does it give us a platform to sit and talk or it leaves us in ambiguity and illusional perception abt each other.

Well I just don't think India can hurt China on those two issues.

Well then why don't you reply to the actual complaint?

The actual complaint being that India back stabbed China in 1959, by hosting our largest separatist group, immediately after they failed to overthrow the Chinese government.

That too, while Nehru was singing the stupid Hindi Chini bhai bhai song. Which was obviously a complete lie.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom