What's new

India successfully tests Nirbhay cruise missile

We are already late on this.

We need low-cost cruise missile in massive numbers but due to urgency, we had to get BrahMos instead.

If only they can increase the range of BrahMos without Russian help, it will be the deadliest weapon in our arsenal.

Nirbhay should be deployed in the eastern borders, especially in Sikkim, Assam and AP.

We need low-cost cruise missile in massive numbers but due to urgency, we had to get BrahMos instead.

If only they can increase the range of BrahMos without Russian help, it will be the deadliest weapon in our arsenal.

Nirbhay should be deployed in the eastern borders, especially in Sikkim, Assam and AP.

I agree. Deploying Nirbhay in NE region would be of great strategic advantage. For entire western front, range of brahmos is already Enough.

I agree. Deploying Nirbhay in NE region would be of great strategic advantage. For entire western front, range of brahmos is already Enough.

TBH it would save the Army a lot of manual work. Placing MBRL and SAM batteries on mountain top bases will make it easier to target approaching hostile aircraft/drones and any intrusion by hostile ground forces and also buy our soldiers time to call in re-enforcement in case shit hits the fan.

I read somewhere it costs around 10 crore per missile. IMHO atleast 1-1.5k in canisterized, air and sub launch configs should be inducted asap

I read somewhere it costs around 10 crore per missile. IMHO atleast 1-1.5k in canisterized, air and sub launch configs should be inducted asap

Nirbhay? Hardly! That's the point of getting it in the first place. Its cost is a few lakhs (don't remember). But BrahMos costs three times more than a Lamborghini Avantador.

Nirbhay? Hardly! That's the point of getting it in the first place. Its cost is a few lakhs (don't remember). But BrahMos costs three times more than a Lamborghini Avantador.
Maybe the trial ones are a bit costly but once it enters mass production it could be cheap.

India developing air-launched version of Nirbhay missile

The DRDO is developing an air-launched version of the 1,500-km-range Nirbhay sub-sonic cruise missile which would be capable of being fired from the Indian Air Force's frontline Su-30MKI combat aircraft.

"This Nirbhay missile would be capable of being used from air, land and ships and submarines. An air-launched version of the missile is also being planned," DRDO chief Avinash Chander told PTI.

He said the air-launched version of the missile is being developed and it would be capable of being fired from fighter aircraft such as Su-30MKI. The DRDO chief was commenting on the Nirbhay cruise missile programme ahead of the second test-firing of its land attack version scheduled to take place tomorrow from a firing range in Balasore in Odisha.

This is what I hate about DRDO...chup chap koi kaam nehi kar sakte....BCo..pehle bana lo...test karo, fir logo ko jor ka jhatka dhire se do. Lekin nehi...pehle muh phadenge...imaginary dates denge...fir apni marwayenge.

This is what I hate about DRDO...chup chap koi kaam nehi kar sakte....BCo..pehle bana lo...test karo, fir logo ko jor ka jhatka dhire se do. Lekin nehi...pehle muh phadenge...imaginary dates denge...fir apni marwayenge.

India is a free society and a democracy to boot. When public money is being spent, public likes to hear about how its being spent.

Until and unless the project is entering testing phase, its all cheenpo cheenpo cheenpo

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom