What's new

India successfully tests Nirbhay cruise missile

DRDO Congratulation for the success. I have one quick question can Nirbhay be shot down using Stingers and Manpad as it will be flying low and subsonic speed.

Everybody is speculating here for nothing without knowing what India's scientists wanted to accomplish with this test, what were the test parameters fixed for this test. Was the target acquisition/hit a part of it, or they were checking its flight parameters, its loitering capability etc....

This waypoint exceeding thingy is crucial factor to understand more of what actually transpired indeed!

A component that allows placement of a strategic map waypoint, which will guide the missile towards this location. Useful for attacking targets beyond visual range, where short range seekers can't lock on. Once the missile reaches the waypoint, the INS module turns off and whatever seeker or guidance installed in the missile will resume command. Missiles with INS modules will ignore the maximum range set by any local weapon controller, and rather launch based upon 90% of missile range with propulsion still active, so that the last 10% can be used to guide the missile towards the target it finds at the waypoint.

I am sure air crafts slow down to make tight turns...
I guessing cruise missile also do that.. Especially if it has loitering capability.

A2A missiles make tight turns, S2S cruise missiles make smooth turns like an commercial aircraft since they are aerodynamically safer. Even for loitering their turn radius will be at least 1 km or more. They have no reason to bleed and increase drag.

You forgot to add 1050 km with spare fuel. :D

Since it's only a second test, not many manoeuvres would have been tested.. So more range available

Still it's has exceeded the expectations by going that extra way point..

Success it is...by all means

gKA7ZU3.gif

I am sure air crafts slow down to make tight turns...
I guessing cruise missile also do that.. Especially if it has loitering capability.
This missile loiter during final phase only not before that. And if the missile can fly at 1.5 mach for the first 10 minutes it can fly throughout the journey towards designated target.

Not unless the turns are sudden genius. That is also found in PHYSICS. Or do you think the missile was doing the cobra maneuver.

HeHeHehehe; you have just displayed your ignorance of not only PHYSICS but also of DRIVING. :lol:
First of all Ms.Sanjevani; one does not lose speed on a turn while driving due to changing gears! One is going to lose speed on a turn, so one needs to change gears i.e. shift into a lower gear to regain momentum (and torque) and recover the lost velocity. A deficient driver shifts after (or into) the turn. The smarter driver shifts before the turn, by which he also gains/maintains traction. Simple PHYSICS.
Just to enlighten you, just look at how F1 and other racing drivers take turns/bends......That will also explain why race-cars (and premium performance cars) have paddle-shifting for rapid-fire shifting.

Now about Aircraft: Pilots use a similar technique sans gears........to achieve the same effect. Again Simple PHYSICS! Its related to ENERGY and the "bleeding" thereof.
Now find out what they do...........:D

This missile loiter during final phase only not before that. And if the missile can fly at 1.5 mach for the first 10 minutes it can fly throughout the journey towards designated target.

I vaguely remember that advanced cruise missile do terrain mapping using tercom or something like that..

They do all the sneaking so as to reach the target..

It does not have gears to change speed. Its speed will remain constant, whatever it is.

Not really, speed can be changed as per maneuvers in the terminal phase or during loitering.
Why do you think RLG and GPS aided nav is there in a Cruise missile anyway......

Back
Top Bottom