What's new

India successfully test fires nuclear capable Dhanush missile

Very interesting indeed.

Does it mean that in a normal firing sequence the missile cone does not face high temperatures during the re-entry phase.

Its a missile with 350 km range but when tested as target for BMD it simulates like 2000+ km missile. It goes to higher altitude, reenters atmosphere and speeds up like IRBM.

This colour scheme is used when they have Dhanush as target during BMD test. Special coating to resist higher temperature during reentry I guess.
So my guess about coat seems to be right :D

one Submarine can do better than 10 these ships, this type ships will be driven out if you arrive 500 KM away to other countries, and be locked all the time on sea

I don't write that :D
And if it's true then you shouldn't worry. I give that article to you when you came dancing with " only ship launch BM". Nothing else. But if you read article Chinese situation is similar to USA. How about fishing boats doing such things in SCS.

Its a missile with 350 km range but when tested as target for BMD it simulates like 2000+ km missile. It goes to higher altitude, reenters atmosphere and speeds up like IRBM.

Generally, the IRBMs arc high into the stratosphere and reach an altitude of a bit more than one hundred nautical miles. At this point of their flight plans the booster motor shuts down. Generally, for older liquid fueled booster motors’ the burn time was around one hundred and fifty seconds.

The much lighter missile now coasts through the heavens on an un-powered ballistic trajectory. The navigation system in the nose of each IRBM ensures that the cone carrying weapons are kept within a pre-planned flight path. After this it is left in the hands of Sir Isaac Newton and the Laws of Physics.

Iran’s Shahab 3, in liquid fuel format would have a burn time of around 110 plus seconds and in its solid fuel configuration, its booster motor would remain ignited for around 75 seconds.

one Submarine can do better than 10 these ships, this type ships will be driven out if you arrive 500 KM away to other countries, and be locked all the time on sea

You claims are nonsense. There are certain situations where a certain type of weapon is used.

The P-III/Dhanush, with a smaller payload, can have a range of 600km and it can be used to attack Pakistani
coastal targets like Gwadar or Karachi from far out at sea. I'm not sure if IN will want to mass produce
these or just meant it as a testbed for other ship-launched ballistic missiles/NLOS-BSMs.

Secondly these Ship-LBMs could be for anti-ship warfare

Back
Top Bottom