What's new

India stole intellectual rights on Bangladeshi tradition

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was NO India before 47 ;)

It was amalgamation of states ruled by different persons

Christopher Columbus disagrees with you......

Columbus's initial 1492 voyage came at a critical time of emerging modern western imperialism and economic competition between developing kingdoms seeking wealth from the establishment of trade routes and colonies. In this sociopolitical climate, Columbus's far-fetched scheme won the attention of Isabella I of Castile. Severely underestimating the circumference of the Earth, he estimated that a westward route from Iberia to the Indies would be shorter than the overland trade route through Arabia. If true, this would allow Spain entry into the lucrative spice trade — heretofore commanded by the Arabs and Italians. Following his plotted course, he instead landed within the Bahamas Archipelago at a locale he named San Salvador. Mistaking the lands he encountered for the East Indies, he referred to the inhabitants as "indios".[9][10] There is a linguistic urban legend that he actually named them "una gente in Dios", (a people in God), and that in 1492 India was called Hindustan, but he never used the phrase "una gente in Dios" and India had been called India for centuries and the name 'Hindustan' did not become common until some time after Columbus.[11]

India was merely an administrative unit of the British Raj. It was not a country before 1947 with an independent political system, defined territory, army or anything else we associate with a nation state.

India was merely an administrative unit of the British Raj. It was not a country before 1947 with an independent political system, defined territory, army or anything else we associate with a nation state.

Ancient history of Greece is still called that despite the presence of numerous city states with seperate armies, economies and political systems. Yet despite this, they are still called "Greek"

Same is true for many countries. History of America before it got independence is still called History of America. Go figure. By your definition even China had seperate kingdoms throughout a long period of its history and thus cannot be called a country before a certain time? Same would be true on nearly every nation on earth then

Btw do check Maurya empire, Kushan and satavahana dynasty, Pala Empire, Mughal Empire and Maratha empire. They ruled pretty much over all of india and had an army, etc, etc

But of course you're not gonna check them out. How will you when they refute your point. Nope, you will post another baseless and irrelevant rant.

Hindustan is worth nothing if we take out the contribution of Islamic and British dynasty. Hindus has nothing to offer to the world. Lal-Qila to Taj and then Sherwani to Biryani is our contribution. So I do not expect anything less from the thieves. :coffee:

Last edited:
Why lament ?

There are means of redressal , why doesn't BD seek them if they feel they have a strong case.

Hindustan is worth nothing if we take our the contribution of Islamic and British dynasty. Hindus has nothing to offer to the world. Lal-Qila to Taj and then Sherwani to Biryani is our contribution. So I do not expect anything less from the thieves. :coffee:

Hmm

Now lal Quila , Taj , Biryani & Sherwanis have become detaerminants of a nation !

Most ppl would be happy to turn back the clock to allow these to be taken back.

For god's sake stop lamenting - always. Nations improve by looking forward not backwards.

Hindustan is worth nothing if we take our the contribution of Islamic and British dynasty. Hindus has nothing to offer to the world. Lal-Qila to Taj and then Sherwani to Biryani is our contribution. So I do not expect anything less from the thieves. :coffee:

We have chanakya neeti left. See you say its yours and the world says its Indian :rofl:

And hope what you will be left with if the same hindustan asked for the wealth which you took from India.

and news flash : the land which you call bangladesh once belonged to hindus.... so by your logic if we take our land back you wont even have ocean to live because that ocean is called indian ocean

Last edited:

Gold Medalist from Zaid Hamid school of Indian history, eh? Thankfully, I know enough sensible Muslims (including Indians on this forum) that prevent me from making generalizations about your community. Seriously, is that the history and general knowledge they teach in your country? Your statement is an embarrassment for Islam, Bangladesh and humanity in general.

legal issue is not the matter here. Thousands of years of historical evidence proof enough to show the indian robbery.
A wise man on the net once described Pakistanis as 'Not-Indians who just didn't know that they were not Indians until 63 years ago.' Now that Bangladeshis are claiming 'thousands of years' of Bangladeshi tradition, as opposed to Bengali tradition, I guess we are witnessing the Pakistani virus of identity crisis in a new avatar.

Its fun really.:rofl:

The concept of 'nation state' is itself a modern construct. If one applies it retrospectively, a whole lot of ancient geo-politico entity wouldn't qualify as such. While you are right that politically ancient India was divided and sub-divided into tiny kingdoms etc. the cultural link between the inhabitants of ancient India is a recorded fact in History.

News Flash: Mughals are gone and they aint coming back any time soon.

i m quit amezed that few member dont have faintest idea about interlectual property right law. they must learn it.

There is a lot of shared history and traditions here. So how do you think the International Intellectual property rights is applicable here ?

Our Islamic and British dynasty? You are an offspring of the Gora sahibs now?

Can you clarify more ? Do you mean Hindustan as in middle ages and on, or ancient sub-continent civilizations ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom