What's new

India stole intellectual rights on Bangladeshi tradition

Status
Not open for further replies.
legal issue is not the matter here. Thousands of years of historical evidence proof enough to show the indian robbery.

thousand of years back neither your Bangladesh existed nor Islam. it has been prevalent in India since the time of Chanakya. So on what grounds do u claim them.

Good for you. The stealing of Pakistani Music thread had been started by an Admin and he had proved how Indians are stealing our music.
QUOTE]

Can you define Pakistani music? I think it has its origins in Hindustani classical music. I can understand stealing of some songs, poetry etc, but I know for sure it happens on both sides. There are many Pakistani singers that are actively pursuing their career in Bollywood (India). Btw, I like many Pakistani singers as well.

Chill out!

thousand of years back neither your Bangladesh existed nor Islam. it has been prevalent in India since the time of Chanakya. So on what grounds do u claim them.

There was NO India before 47 ;)

It was amalgamation of states ruled by different persons

Good for you. The stealing of Pakistani Music thread had been started by an Admin and he had proved how Indians are stealing our music.
QUOTE]

Can you define Pakistani music? I think it has its origins in Hindustani classical music. I can understand stealing of some songs, poetry etc, but I know for sure it happens on both sides. There are many Pakistani singers that are actively pursuing their career in Bollywood (India). Btw, I like many Pakistani singers as well.

Chill out!

There is entire thread please go and check. Its about Indian stealing/copying Pakistani songs and music .

:cheers:

legal issue is not the matter here. Thousands of years of historical evidence proof enough to show the indian robbery.

If you are not interested in the legality of the issue or rather how to get back what has been stolen(allegedly) from you..then are you just here for your daily dose of India bashing??:azn:

If this is there for Thousands of years; it will either belong to China or India..................coz only these two countries can claim that they are thousands' year old.

Bangladesh is just above a quarter of century old and Pakistan is less than three quarters of a century. So how can you claim something thousands' year old as yours????:smokin:

Only in the books of Pakistan. It existed for the rest of the world. But alas the world in pakistan starts and ends within pakistan itself.

India did not existed in the current geographical state but had always existed with name india for europe, hindustan for middle easterners and Bharat/Bharatvansh/aryavrat for Indians.

Hindu_percent_1909.jpg

There is entire thread please go and check. Its about Indian stealing/copying Pakistani songs and music .

I don't need to check that thread as I know it happens on both sides. Please refer it to your music industry and singers that are still interested in India and Indian Bollywood.

Intellectual rights of another Bangladeshi tradition "Nakshi Kantha" stolen by india

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nakshi Kantha
Friday, 28 March 2008

Tradition of a few Thousand Years. This is another noteworthy part of Bangladeshi culture. Nakshi Kantha (embroidered quilt), said to be indigenous to Bangladesh, is made from old cotton clothes, predominantly discarded sari, dhoti and lungi.

Kanthas range from utilitarian quilts to exquisitely embroidered heirlooms. Depending on the thickness required, three to seven saris are layered and quilted with the simple running stitch, which typically produces a rippled effect. Thread drawn from coloured sari borders would be used to embroider motifs or border patterns imitative of sari borders.

The term nakshi kantha, popularly used in Bangladesh, is found even in medieval literature. The name nakshi kantha became particularly popular among literate people after the publication poet of Jasimuddin's poem Naskhi Kanthar Math (Field of Embroidered Quilt) (1929). From time immemorial there has been a tradition of Bangladeshi women recycling worn-out cotton saris by converting them into usable and durable quilts, bags, book covers, mirror cases and such articles.

Both the Hindu and Muslim women are adept at making Kantha textiles. These nakshi kanthas are made during their leisure, particularly during the rainy season or before winter invades the villages of the Ganges delta. Kanthas serve primarily as pallets and light wraps. Small kanthas are used as swaddling clothes for babies.

Depending on their size and use, kanthas range from lep kanthas (winter quilts) and sujni kanthas (spreads and coverlets) to one-foot square rumal (handkerchief) kanthas. Others include the asan (a spread for sitting), the bastani or gatri (a wrapper for clothes and other valuables), the arshilata (a wrap for mirrors or toilet articles), the dastarkhan (a spread for placing food and plates for dining), the gilaf (an envelope-shaped kantha to cover the quran), and jainamaz (prayer rug).

The motifs of the Nakshi Kantha depict Hindu festivals, folk festivals, marriage ceremonies, the lotus, Lord Buddha s footprint, fishes, snakes, boats, horses, carts, flowers, elephants, umbrellas, Rathajatra (Procession of Chariots), Jhulanjatra (Swing festival of Krishna and Radha), Swastika (symbolizing the early Indus valley civilization), trees, wheels, etc. Muslim women especially concentrate on geometric and floral motifs, the crescent, star, domes, minarets, verses of the holy Quran and the like.

Expectant mothers spend the last trimester of their pregnancy in making Nakshi Kantha for the new-born baby, believing that wrapping the newborn baby in a Nakshi Kantha herald’s good fortune for the family and protects the baby from disease.

A large number of kanthas show the ingenious use of the running stitch for working motifs and border patterns. The Chatai Nakshi Kantha stitches are found in some places of Jessore, Kushtia, Pabna, Rajshahi, Rangpur and Mymensingh. Other types of kanthas include the pad tola kantha, which is embroidered entirely with sari border patterns, and the lohori kantha, in which thick yarn is used for close pattern darning. In the most intricate of pad tola kanthas, there is no space between the concentric border patterns, so that the entire kantha seems apparently to be a piece of woven cloth.

One can never find two identical Nakshi Kanthas on this planet. Since the emergence of Bangladesh in 1971 Nakshi Kantha has regained its aesthetic appeal.

Nakshi Kantha

Nice way of saying even Admins are okay with biased and baseless news as long as it works for your ego. Well, I leave it at that.

The water theft, blockage whatever you call it is also a reality.

Reality in what? Your imagination maybe. Isn't it unfortunate that you call yourself a journalist but yet talk like an uneducated politician?

More over if you want you can check India even cheat the international market by claiming Pakistani rice as Indian.

This is what you gathered after all the discussion in that thread? A lie repeated a hundred times becomes the truth, as in these cases.

Oh really? From now onwards, stop sleeping in history classes. It will help you.

Let me correct you this time (like I did before):

Maurya_Dynasty_in_265_BCE.jpg

One Kingdom ruled by one Samraat (Emperor)
First one was - Chandragupta Maurya (320–298 BCE)

It was one of the world's largest empires in its time. At its greatest extent, the empire stretched to the north along the natural boundaries of the Himalayas, and to the east stretching into what is now Assam. To the west, it reached beyond modern Pakistan, annexing Balochistan and much of what is now Afghanistan, including the modern Herat[citation needed] and Kandahar provinces.

Now plz help yourself to find Pakistan and BD.:smokin:

Indian attitude; both GOI and its people, are - yes, we have stolen and robbed from Bangladesh and other countries because india has power. Same way colonial power did. If indians can take pride in robbery then who can stop them? At least for now.

Nice way of saying even Admins are okay with biased and baseless news as long as it works for your ego. Well, I leave it at that.

Biased?? where is bias in that thread. Go and check every Pakistani song stolen by Indians have been posted with proofs.

Reality in what? Your imagination maybe. Isn't it unfortunate that you call yourself a journalist but yet talk like an uneducated politician?

This is what you gathered after all the discussion in that thread? A lie repeated a hundred times becomes the truth, as in these cases.

If i kept replying to your BS then this thread will be going somewhere else.

So :wave: for now and come back in some other thread about those things will reply you

Indian attitude; both GOI and its people are - yes, we will steal and rob because we have power. Same way colonial power did. If indians can take pride in robbery then who can stop them? At least for now.

why dont you file a case if you have a problem with that. Reasons have been abtly given either convince us we are wrong or get convinced. Dont blow the empty trumpet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom