What's new

India state minister on rape: 'Sometimes it's right, sometimes it's wrong'

Chronos

Reaction score
Country
India
"A regional politician from Modi's own Bharatiya Janata party (BJP), said that the crime of rape can only be considered to have been committed if it is reported to police.

"This is a social crime which depends on men and women. Sometimes it's right, sometimes it's wrong," said Babulal Gaur, the home minister responsible for law and order in the BJP-run central state of Madhya Pradesh.

"Until there's a complaint, nothing can happen," he told reporters.

Gaur also expressed sympathy with Mulayam Singh Yadav, head of the regional Samajwadi party that runs Uttar Pradesh. In the recent election, Mulayam criticised legal changes that foresee the death penalty for gang rape, saying: "Boys commit mistakes: will they be hanged for rape?"

The BJP dismissed Gaur's comments as an expression of his personal views, and not the party's.
"

@Indischer @levina @scorpionx @JanjaWeed

Can we please have a law passed that permits Politicians who make stupid statements like this be hung?

When I read that statement, I was literally having a headache because the repugnance and the stupidity of the comment combined to make my head explode.

India state minister on rape: 'Sometimes it's right, sometimes it's wrong' | World news | theguardian.com

Being a minister rape is part of public mandate otherwise not.

'Sometimes it's right, sometimes it's wrong'

To be fairThis quote I believe was not about rape but rape allegations although he should have kept his mouth shut in this instance but being a bjpite....

I have read news that this was misinterpreted,

can someone post the actually accurate translation :sad:

Frankly the statement was about live-in relationships and the urban phenomenon where Girls after being in live-in relationship for 3-4 years level charges of Rape saying that the Boy was raping them all this time. It was not about RAPE PROPER like media is misquoting it to be.

Frankly the statement was about live-in relationships and the urban phenomenon where Girls after being in live-in relationship for 3-4 years level charges of Rape saying that the Boy was raping them all this time. It was not about RAPE PROPER like media is quoting.

So it's the mc media again. This mc media is ruining world's perception of India by distorting statements to get more TRPs.

Well done India for democratically, under no force or coercion, electing pro-rape Hindu extremist politicians. I am sure they will take good care of your women for the next five-years.

So it's the mc media again. This mc media is ruining world's perception of India by distorting statements to get more TRPs.

I was pointing towards that infamous Mulayam singh's speech of Boys will be Boys. Even though he got brickbats ( i supported his inquisition as he belongs to party whom i dislike) for this comment, it was a mistake of grammar rather than intent. He started speaking about live-ins and accusation of rape but he separated his two independent clauses with a long pause which could be easily mistaken for a period.

@Ravi Nair

This is a simple case of gross distortion . This minister was taking about rape accusations, not the act itself.

Wait a minute, I also think that this might be a translation error.... I sincerely hope that no one is going to be so mentally retarded and fukced up to defend rape in any form.

"A regional politician from Modi's own Bharatiya Janata party (BJP), said that the crime of rape can only be considered to have been committed if it is reported to police.

"This is a social crime which depends on men and women. Sometimes it's right, sometimes it's wrong," said Babulal Gaur, the home minister responsible for law and order in the BJP-run central state of Madhya Pradesh.

"Until there's a complaint, nothing can happen," he told reporters.

Gaur also expressed sympathy with Mulayam Singh Yadav, head of the regional Samajwadi party that runs Uttar Pradesh. In the recent election, Mulayam criticised legal changes that foresee the death penalty for gang rape, saying: "Boys commit mistakes: will they be hanged for rape?"

The BJP dismissed Gaur's comments as an expression of his personal views, and not the party's.
"

@Indischer @levina @scorpionx @JanjaWeed

Can we please have a law passed that permits Politicians who make stupid statements like this be hung?

When I read that statement, I was literally having a headache because the repugnance and the stupidity of the comment combined to make my head explode.

India state minister on rape: 'Sometimes it's right, sometimes it's wrong' | World news | theguardian.com
Ravi
I am of the opinion that anyone who thinks that rape is "right",should be subjected to it once.
What can justify a rape???
May be these insensitive men who mouth such mendacious nonsense dont understand that rape not just violates a woman physically but scars her psychologically for life.
And murdering the gal after violating her is the biggest crime, she's not an use and throw toy for men to play with.
Hurts Ravi...it hurts.

Wait a minute, I also think that this might be a translation error.... I sincerely hope that no one is going to be so mentally retarded and fukced up to defend rape in any form.
I dont know about this guy...but Mulayam singh's statement "Ladkoon se galitiyaan ho jati hai" did clearly support rape.

Ohhh yeah that could very well be an excuse too.

Ravi
I am of the opinion that anyone who thinks that rape is "right",should be subjected to it once.
What can justify a rape???

I think he said sometimes the allegation of rape are right, sometimes they are wrong. The media overkill on these issues is terrible, especially since they only want to stroke controversies.

I think he said sometimes the allegation of rape are right, sometimes they are wrong. The media overkill on these issues is terrible, especially since they only want to stroke controversies.
My statement still stands for those who justify it.
May be not this politician but there 're many mind midgets around who think "rape" is justified.

My statement still stands for those who justify it.
May be not this politician but there 're many mind midgets around who think "rape" is justified.

there aren't as many as you put it , no one is that stupid or heartless ...

Our man says "Some time it is right, Some time it is wrong" and that makes me feel, the home minister "Not some times but Always wrong"

I am getting a feeling that these politicians are feeling helpless and not able to find a solution for this menace..... and the best way out is making these stupid remarks.... But poor fellows are yet to get hold with these 24/7 channel, social media era......

Back
Top Bottom