What's new

India snubs China, to attend Nobel ceremony

So now Indian media is your benchmark?

Indian media says a lot of things, do you believe them all?

I believe the Indian media when it constantly paints China as an enemy, since that is backed up by poll results.

Also I actually share the opinion that being part of the P5 is symbol of prestige.

Look at any international news source like CNN or BBC. Regarding Iran, they talk about what the P5 are doing about it. Regarding North Korea, they talk about what the P5 are doing about it.

I personally think such status symbols are pointless, but there is no doubt that it IS a status symbol.

It's a status symbol of prestige, at least that is how the Indian media have described it.

As for what China can do with its veto that may affect India, a recent example would be that it can stop a UN reform resolution from being passed.

That is a circular argument, as the resolution is for India getting the veto power.

Come to the real world, it will help.

That is a circular argument, as the resolution is for India getting the veto power.

Come to the real world, it will help.

Well why don't you give the answer you think is right then?

One demonstration of the veto power is that the USA always uses it in order to block any resolutions against Israel, even though the entire Arab league is against them.

Well why don't you give the answer you think is right then?

One demonstration of the veto power is that the USA always uses it in order to block any resolutions against Israel, even though the entire Arab league is against them.

How does it change anything in reality. If a resolution passes on Israel, would Arab countries can be able to do a jacksh!t about Israel? Did a resolution prevent US from invading Iraq?

How does it change anything in reality. If a resolution passes on Israel, would Arab countries can be able to do a jacksh!t about Israel? Did a resolution prevent US from invading Iraq?

Obviously a veto it's not as good as being powerful yourself.

It's a good thing to have though, and if you don't believe that, then ask any country to give up their veto.

Don't worry I only whip it out when Indian members attack me and my country. :azn:

Just giving a little back...

CD Bro you are wasting your time with these indians, they are fed hatred for your country and ours like mothers milk, they are the most self deluded people in the world.

Best of Luck to our friends the PRC :china:

I believe the Indian media when it constantly paints China as an enemy, since that is backed up by poll results.

Also I actually share the opinion that being part of the P5 is symbol of prestige.

Look at any international news source like CNN or BBC. Regarding Iran, they talk about what the P5 are doing about it. Regarding North Korea, they talk about what the P5 are doing about it.

I personally think such status symbols are pointless, but there is no doubt that it IS a status symbol.

well yes its only a status symbol,their is nothing more attached to it,the veto power had made the SC pretty much ridiculous or basically say a failure

if they bring some resolution,someone will block it,if it get passed many will not obey it,all this r happening for ages,the only good thing about the seat is that it can b used for personal interests

so i dont care much about this UNSC,not even a status symbol

Obviously a veto it's not as good as being powerful yourself.

It's a good thing to have though, and if you don't believe that, then ask any country to give up their veto.

no need to ask those 'have', ask those 'have not', or even better, ask those 'self appointed frontrunner' :woot:

inplace they should go to somalia and do some worthfull charity , JuD charity didn't played well , worthless..

For charity there are 430,000,000 million people in India that live below the poverty line and China can air drop some aid on the way to Somalia.

CD Bro you are wasting your time with these indians, they are fed hatred for your country and ours like mothers milk, they are the most self deluded people in the world.

It's not until recently that I've understand how pathological and ingrained their hatred is. Thinking back, we probably should have just let them the land up to the McMahon line, if we knew what kind of national humiliation/trauma a minor defeat causes.

But then again it wasn't the Chinese newspapers or Chinese leadership that raised sky high Indian's expectation in those heady days of post-independence. They thought they were invincible after they annexed Goa, the PLA was a cold bucket of water.

It's not until recently that I've understand how pathological and ingrained their hatred goes. Thinking back, we probably should have just let them the land up to the McMahon line, if we knew what kind of national humiliation/trauma it caused.

But then again, knowing their narcissistic bent and constantly need for ego stroking (India Rising....Shining...), they would not have been satisfied with just that much if they knew they could get more.

I'm quite interested in this phenomenon actually.

I'm going to try and find an Indian analysis regarding this issue, I want to know what their own experts think of the constant hyping up of the China threat.

Funny how paks have the nerve to say that :lol:

Back
Top Bottom