What's new

India snubs China, to attend Nobel ceremony

China should feel ok after India stabs her in public, i believe that is what you are trying to convey.

I dont think you get the crux of my message....

Is attending a nobel ceremony a bilateral issue/bone of contention between India and China?...answer is NO...

and you use the word stab quite generously dont you?

If tomorrow we ask China to cut relations with Islamabad as a pre-cursor to amicable relations with New Delhi...will China do so?...NO

So why should our foreign relations be held hostage to a demand from China when China cant reciprocate the same?

The point I was trying to make was.....India cannot promote its relations with China at the cost of other nations and same applies for China wrt India....
We seek our own independent foreign relations....period!

fair enough....and they snubbed General VK Singh (and by extention snubbed hindustan and its occupation of J&K)

Not General V.K. Singh, it was General BS Jaswal. Facts sir, facts. The reaction to that particular incident was a cancellation of defence exchanges with China which continues.

Here's my arrogant prediction. The reform process will drag on for at least another 5 years or so. The whole time, the west will wave this trinket in front of India to get it to do as it is told and when India finally gets a seat it will be a non-veto permanent seat in a batch with several other countries in a much expanded UNSC, where a regular (non-veto) seat will mean a hell of a lot less than it does even now.

:cheers:

and this is assume it happens at all.

I am of the opinion that the UNSC should be dissolved to begin with....

A country's power and importance in the world stage is hardly defined by the UNSC veto power anymore, that time is long gone...

UNSC reforms are inevitable, how and when they happen is obviously an unknown; though India will be a major player in the new world order like it or not...

About the west "dangling the carrot", well time will tell who will get the better of the other. NSG was already a major concession that legitimizes our nuclear program which cost us next to nothing. In fact it cost the west a lot more wrt to some of their "non-NATO" allies....

So far I dont see how India has engaged in a deal with the west where profitability was compromised in favor of the west.

And if you are referring to the score of trade pacts and defence deals we signed with the US during Obama's visit, then I think you're just being naive to think the US is getting more out of us than we from them

Actually it doesn't qualify as a reaction at all, rather not attending would have been a reaction. It is just business as usual.

Not General V.K. Singh, it was General BS Jaswal.

thanks for the correction

Facts sir, facts.

correct, apologies. Seems I got all these indian names confused. They all sound the same to me. Who was the one who got snubbed by the Canadians?

The reaction to that particular incident was a cancellation of defence exchanges with China which continues.

as does Chinese investment in Gilgit-Baltistan and completions of Dam @ ''brahmaputra'' river , which also seems to irk the hindustanis

this back and forth snubbing will yield you what, exactly? Who loses the most from all this snubbery ;)

Japan, South korea, Thailand and India will be attending all these countries are friends in asia pacific and seeking to check the rise of China and her allies.

I am of the opinion that the UNSC should be dissolved to begin with....

Interesting idea, but from a geopolitical perspective (i.e. my national interest) I don't really support it.

The veto may not be used much nowadays, but I doubt any of the P5 will give up their veto power voluntarily.

Also, how would the UN function properly without a UNSC? The only thing I can think of, is doing it by some sort of consensus, or voting on every issue.

fair enough....and they snubbed General VK Singh (and by extention snubbed hindustan and its occupation of J&K)

works both ways right :cheers:

They started it but definately we ill finish it. Starting their own peace prize!! It is lamer than the original.

Interesting idea, but from a geopolitical perspective (i.e. my national interest) I don't really support it.

The veto may not be used much nowadays, but I doubt any of the P5 will give up their veto power voluntarily.

Also, how would the UN function properly without a UNSC? The only thing I can think of, is doing it by some sort of consensus, or voting on every issue.

I think that the General Assembly should be able to vote on every issue without interference from the Security Council

Back
Top Bottom