What's new

India shouldn't expect Russia to come to its defence if China were to violate the Line of Actual Control, says US deputy NSA Daleep Singh

Correct.
This is what I have been saying in the Ukraine-Russia war thread repeatedly: Pakistanis have no dog in this fight except for the potential gains for Pakistan's key ally China. India, on the other hand, has a lot at stake. The weaker Russia is, the more Russia reliant on China, the better for Pakistan, the worse for India. For example, IF a UNSC resolution is tabled against India over Kashmir and there is no more guarantee of a Russian Veto, then India would be totally reliant on America/UK/France for that Veto. And we know that UK/France are essentially American vassal states--BTW who are shamefully in the UNSC despite not earning it. And IF America decides to make India follow some American diktat then India would be in a very tough diplomatic, even strategic situation!!

Many Pakistanis in that Ukraine-Russia war threat have been reflexively anti-American and supporting Russia. There need not be such thinking. Pakistan arguably gains from a weaker Russia, just as India could gain from a stronger Russia.
But I still want the damn conflict in Ukraine to be over asap for humanity's sake.
I still do not think that China can or will arm twist Russia into voting for Pakistan and against India at UNSC. Between India and Pakistan, the Russian side can sustain pressure from China. China will not go all out for Pakistan at the expense of burning all its political capital with Russia in a UNSC vote. I base my view based on what is in self interest of China. Resolving Kashmir in any manner will be relief to Pakistan and allow it to focus on things beside India. China will arm Pakistan with any and every weapon to combat India, but not expung its political capital with Russia at the behest of Pakistan.

But in the case of direct military conflict with India, then China will be a country at war. In this scenario, it is reasonable to expect China to demand Russia to throttle weapon supply to India. Indians who don't consider this a possibility are simply deceiving themselves.

Back
Top Bottom