What's new

India severely lags behind China in terms of infrastructure: Defence Report

I have seen people eating from dust bin on the streets of Nanjing, so my friend you should not make fun of them, there is poverty all over the world and china and india are no different. we have to fight together to eliminate it.
What is your logic? I also see that happen in US, does it mean India is in the same league with US?

I am not making fun of your poor people, I just laugh at your indian's so proud of freedom?

If your speed of development is lower than China's,you will never catch up with China.It is not hard to understand.So before India's booming in economy,it shuold solve its social problem at first.And the first step is librating the female and the low caste,or your developing speed will be lower than China's forever.Democracy,which you are proud of,is only a tool,but not the destination.A country's desitination shuold be giving its citizens a better life,and China is doing,while India is at a loss.
See post 39.
I agree with each part of your post except that caste and liberating women bullshit.

I am not making fun of your poor people, I just laugh at your indian's so proud of freedom?
You are very naive if you think that Chinese people don't want the so called 'Freedom' you are making fun of.

You are very naive if you think that Chinese people don't want the so called 'Freedom' you are making fun of.

After India's excellent demo, I would like to say no.
Do you think Chinese wish to live like indian by embracing so called freedom? Haha, no way, enjoy yourself

I would bet that most poor people in India (and the world) would take China any day over India.

That is why there are so many Chinese living in India. They arrived here after escaping the tyranny of the CCP.

And there are Indian Sikhs now living in Canada. There are always dissenters in any system.

If China opened the doors today, do you seriously doubt how many millions of Indians would move to China?

And there are Indian Sikhs now living in Canada. There are always dissenters in any system.

If China opened the doors today, do you seriously doubt how many millions of Indians would move to China?

Change the question to "how many Pakistanis will move to China", you have got better connectivity.

Yes, I know: freedom to rape, to shit on the street, to elect corrupt politician, to openly lie without taking any responsibility, to go bed with hungary belly, to boot-lick your western master, to be treated like dirt by westeners

Pls feel free to add if I miss something

Still better than becoming a road-kill after coming under PLA's battle tank.

Yes, I know: freedom to rape, to shit on the street, to elect corrupt politician, to openly lie without taking any responsibility, to go bed with hungary belly, to boot-lick your western master, to be treated like dirt by westeners

Pls feel free to add if I miss something

@Aeronaut @Oscar please take action..

Change the question to "how many Pakistanis will move to China", you have got better connectivity.

It's true of people from any country. That's why I wrote "the world" above.

The vast majority of people only want stability and a decent standard of living.

I am not saying authoritarian systems are better -- accountability and transparency are important -- but those powers don't belong to the people in a democracy either. A handful of media elite decide what issues are important, who's a protester and who's a vandal, and which facts to publicize and which ones to bury.

It's true of people from any country. That's why I wrote "the world" above.

The vast majority of people only want stability and a decent standard of living.

I am not saying authoritarian systems are better -- accountability and transparency are important -- but those powers don't belong to the people in a democracy either. A handful of media elite decide what issues are important, who's a protester and who's a vandal, and which facts to publicize and which ones to bury.

There is no better political system than "Democracy", at least in contemporary terms. Let us not live in utopia, there are problems but democracy allows us to find solution. Correct me if I am wrong.

May I remind you not too long ago in 1960's your country had to undergo "great leap forward" in the name of change which resulted in innumerable deaths (some estimate run into 45 million people) by coercion and systematic state violence. Your govt. under Mao started introducing reforms after much upheaval in your rural communities. If those people had rights and had the freedom to voice their displeasure without retribution all those deaths could have been avoided.

So? That was not the question, why do Indians feel the need to remind me of this? I know about it and I didn't compare India with China, and btw, the kind of government that China has can go both ways, hence it's volatility and undesirability. But it has turned the corner in early late 70s. It can go both ways.

Democracy is suppose to provide stability and consistency, yet, it hasn't.

My question is would a poor man be able to voice those concerns? India lives in abject poverty, that's a fact that no one would argue, I know the poverty index, but let me say that the Indian amount or even global amount is extremely low and you are alive rather than living.

But if you must compare, let's do that then, but I will only do so in relation to my original question, not beyond.

By comfortable living standard, China has more or less three hundred million, India is lucky to see a quarter of that.

So let's compare the voice. I will list FACTS, RATHER THAN OPINIONS.

1)
China has voiced mass concerns with corruption, India also has corruption, whether it is worse is debatable, but it's close let's leave it at that.

Result, Chinese punished more than 182000 officials in 2013 alone.

China Punishes More Than 182,000 Corrupt Officials

India, no numbers, but I would assume not as much, I don't like to assume, but if it was a high number it be news, especially India, crazy media(not a praise or derogatory term, they report literally everything).

So China takes Corruption more seriously, not because the leadership don't like each other, it's actually dangerous to themselves, but they must for public opinion, yet India is the one that's suppose to care more.

2) Environmental concerns.

China

Environment: Browner, but greener | The Economist
China sets new world record for solar installations | Jennifer Duggan | Environment | theguardian.com
China says gets tough on polluters, nixes projects worth $19.5 billion| Reuters
In China’s war on bad air, government decision to release data gives fresh hope | NEWS.GNOM.ES

India (not as bad, but still high on the list)
India ranked 155th in global environment performance list - Economic Times
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/10/opinion/indias-particulate-problem.html

As you can see, Indians didn't react to environment as we have.

I could go on, health care, transportation, quality of life, economic reforms, education, and tons of other things that places China high up in living standards, and other indexes. But I'm bored and busy.

So is India really performing to it's potential? And ask yourself this, if Indians were better paid and better educated, would India not be more fair and comfortable regardless of political system? As long as it's not some crazy NK, or Nazi system.

I didn't want to do this post, but since it has come to this head to head, why not, authoritarian vs democracy, two contrasting systems, two contrasting people, two contrasting results.

There is no better political system than "Democracy", at least in contemporary terms. Let us not live in utopia, there are problems but democracy allows us to find solution. Correct me if I am wrong.

Democracy works beautifully on a small scale where means of communication are not monopolized by a privileged few.

For example, let's say someone opens a dirty factory in your neighborhood. If you and your friends protest, there are two options:
-- the media supports your cause and lifts it to prominence
-- the media (and the elite) portray your group as a bunch of anarchists, communists or general troublemakers.

If you can't get your voice heard, you have no power. The ones who dominate the channels of communication hold the power. Even elected officials will be their slaves because what matters is not the reality, but the perception that the media sells.

In many countries, media ownership is incredibly concentrated to a handful of companies or even individuals. 90% of newspapers in major Australian cities are owned by just two companies. Almost all US media is controlled by a handful of companies.

Back
Top Bottom