What's new

India set to use Japanese bullet train technology for Mumbai-Ahmedabad rout

You made your point about questioning Kaveri's use on trains. Valid and fair point .
But to deem people falling off the trains (we are speaking of bullet trains, not your run of the mill snail mail train) was uncalled for. Stick to the topic and we shall respond. Troll for the sake of trolling, you will only get our ire.

There are different kind of Indians here, just as there are different kind of people from all nations.

The first part is for respectful people like you. My 2nd response is for the kind of people that would post the picture of a train falling down the bridge. That is disrespectful of life, even though they are of other nationality, won't you agree?

Good News :tup:

Would love to see em in India.

japanese_bullet_train.jpg

-----

Looks like Japanese are quite serious about Investment in India :tup:

This is a good news...I am big fan of Japanese Technology.

There are different kind of Indians here, just as there are different kind of people from all nations.

The first part is for respectful people like you. My 2nd response is for the kind of people that would post the picture of a train falling down the bridge. That is disrespectful of life, even though they are of other nationality, won't you agree?

Agreed. As long as there are provocations on both sides, there will be a few (or lots) of bad apples.

Moving forward, for your kind reference, this is info CUT-N-PASTED from other forum - Hope this helps you :)

Quote from pmaitra "
The jet engine will not be outside but it will be inside the locomotive. It will be a turbo-shaft not a turbo-jet. It will be jet engine, yes, but the jet of expanding air-gas will not be used to push the train forward, rather the spinning shaft will be used to generate electricity which will run the traction motors. This is just like a helicopter wher
e the spinning shaft is used to run the rotors. Read more about the Union Pacific locomotive I already posted.
Union Pacific GTELs - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Also @ faithfulguy - kindly correct me if the Abrams also uses a jet powerd turbine? (at work now so don't have enough freedom to google this stuff but comes from memory , watching a Discovery documentary)

cool, but the technology is really not the hard part.

I'm sure Indians can make its own trains with enough time and money.

The hard part is how are you going to relocate the people who live on the route? China can do things that India just can't, or at least a real democracy can't.

Well I'd assume this is where the project is going to face delays-land aqusition, this is where almost every large scale project in India runs into major delays. For the most part the land owners are more than happy to relocate as they are offered an above market price offer for their land but the issue is with those who don't own the land and are just occupying/stating on the said land. This is where you'll see the protests, the delays, the political wrangling and the attention.

It will get done as it always does but it will take many more years than a similar project in China.

Real funny-NOT. This simpy doesn't happen anymore in India. Look up some pics of modern Indian railways- double decker coaches, full amenities, modern safety features etc etc.

@Markus

The metro engines, are they German?

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys how long does it take to travel right now between Mumbai TO Ahmadabad.

@Markus

The metro engines, are they German?

It depens on the Metro- Delhi Metro uses German and S.Koreon rolling stock, Bangalore uses Japanese, Chennai uses French, Mumbai uses Chinese, Hydrabad uses S.Koreon, Kochi uses S.Koreon, Gurgeon (rapid Metro) uses German etc

Last edited by a moderator:
:omghaha:

Have some self respect, stop being a slave to the Chinese..

and, I actually meant this

Amid border tensions, Chinese dig tunnel for Delhi Metro line | NDTV.com

clearly you were trying to mock them.
so they really do dig tunnels for you?
is india not capable of doing it?
theres gotta be atleast a few thousand people out ofa billion that can dig a tunnel.
the chinese are better then you becuase they do anything to make a buck, unlike indians who i guess have to import foriegners to dig for them becuase they are too busy scavenging food?

theres gotta be atleast a few thousand people out ofa billion that can dig a tunnel.
the chinese are better then you becuase they do anything to make a buck, unlike indians who i guess have to import foriegners to dig for them becuase they are too busy scavenging food?
Are you all there? Up until a decade ago India had ZERO expertise in metro construction. Where else would India go for expertise than abroad? China has had many more years experience than India in this area and were also quoting much cheaper prices for the work so naturally India snatched up their services for certain parts of the Delhi metro. You can now see that India has a technical and knowledge base on the metro front and you see DMRC guys consulting other Indian metro projects and even going abroad to share their lessons learnt.

And where do you think the Chinese got their knowledge and expertise? Foreign consultants of course!

Chinese weren't there as the labourers but as managers/consultants sharing certain technical knowledge. Addtionally India leaned just as much, if not more so, on the Germans and Japanese.

How is it any different to your much-touted Lahore BRTS? Did you not have outsiders present as consultants?

Of this is the mentality you Paksitanis have then no wonder India is forging ahead with dozens of Metro/monorail/HSR projects while you guys sit and gloat about a merge BRTS!

What's the big deal,Even you can dig a tunnel here If you capable of doing it.There are metro projects coming in,Wanna give it a try??

What's the big deal,Even you can dig a tunnel here If you capable of doing it.There are metro projects coming in,Wanna give it a try??

why would i do that?
i dont know whow to do it.
is that the case with you guys?

Back
Top Bottom