What's new

India set for transit in Bangladesh

you can say what ever you want... but for oil and gas.. uranium and water us had to come to canada...

n try to stick to the main issue and that is transit... n do not do trolling... your post has been reported...

Plz provide me the source which say Bangladesh will not use that highway and railways?????

if you can ................i surrender

India better advised to take that transit land stretch on lease from bangladesh say for 100 years and develope it.

Plz provide me the source which say Bangladesh will not use that highway and railways?????

if you can ................i surrender

By saying high way you are again fooling yourself... tell me how many kms of high way is going to be built with the loan what will be the route??? You will get your answer...

India better advised to take that transit land stretch on lease from bangladesh say for 100 years and develope it.

Bangladesh needs money and profit... it has no interest to lease land to india when it will not bring any benefit to bd... provide a logical explanation how in terms of money this transit is going to benefit money.. use figure when you will describe benefit...

By saying high way you are again fooling yourself... tell me how many kms of high way is going to be built with the loan what will be the route??? You will get your answer...

First question ...............why Bangladesh need Indian money to build highway????

second question..................that loan is very low on interest rate......you have any knowledge of that?

third point...............in just 1.2 billion , Indian build a Parliament building, a highway linking afghanistan to Iran, Hospital in Herat, Mazare Sharif, Jalabad, kandhar, Kabul, Salma Dam project, expansion of national TV network, power transmission lines, total 84 projects.

1 billion is not a small amount made as you are thinking.

what we are asking???.............link Tripura to port.............and thats a small stretch.

Plz Plz Plz Plz , for a moment, think beyond anti india or anti Hindu ideology. .......

and on other note, if port at chitagong is used more .............which city is gonna benefit???

for example Karachi is a port city................which is more developed.........karachi or gujaranwala???

First question ...............why Bangladesh need Indian money to build highway????

That question has been asked by bangladeshis... where the major route from agartola to benapol will be carpeted and may be to short the distance some bridge may be built.... This route will hard be used by the Bangladeshi.... people... specially by heavy truck which bangladesh does not have... carpeting will be done mainly to facilitate indian trucks to use the road... so it is a total waste of money...

As I said before the 2 rail line will be constructed from monla and chittagong port to connect to the high way to transfer indian goods... just tell me what is the use of bd of that railway....

second question..................that loan is very low on interest rate......you have any knowledge of that?

Did you forget the other clause... only india will decide which are the project will be implemented and indian foreign ministry will approve the decisions... only indian companies will implement the project... if any out side help is needed ... india will choose the contractor or company...

another bad affect is that if indian companies delay the project bd will have to pay more interest for it...

here bottom line is that bd will not have any say which project will be implemented and who will do the project .... mostly india will use the infrastructure or from indian companies we will have to buy the products...but bd will have to pay with interest.. just tell me whether India would agree with such clause..

third point...............in just 1.2 billion , Indian build a Parliament building, a highway linking afghanistan to Iran, Hospital in Herat, Mazare Sharif, Jalabad, kandhar, Kabul, Salma Dam project, expansion of national TV network, power transmission lines, total 84 projects.

Constructing some building is not a big deal... Here the afghanistan iran connecting route is 225 km long... salma dam project will cost 200 million.. n expansion of tv network is not a big project... n power transmission line be around 230 km long...

N to inform you india will made some clinic not hospital... I guess you know a small building can also be called a clinic ... so not a big deal...

you indians are trying to make it very big...

what we are asking???.............link Tripura to port.............and thats a small stretch.

what bd will get in return in terms of money with this any duty free access...n tripura to port is not the only issue.. you are wanting a complete free land, rail, water and port transit without any duty and without any limit with the excuse that we are giving transit to bhutan and nepal... which is of no use to bd...

Plz Plz Plz Plz , for a moment, think beyond anti india or anti Hindu ideology. .......

Where did you find anti hindu and anti indian ideology in my post... I was asking for benefit... If india can provide enough benefit to bd then me and all other member said none will have any prob.. but no 1 is going to agree with this free transit with only a yearly operation and maintenance cost..

and on other note, if port at chitagong is used more .............which city is gonna benefit???

for example Karachi is a port city................which is more developed.........karachi or gujaranwala???

If it is used more with the payment of duty then it is good for bd... but india has asked a duty free access with only a yearly operation and maintenance fee..

Just tell me if all the money goes for operation and maintenance then where is the benefit for bd...

for example china will also access Chittagong port but by giving duty.. not with treacherous scheme line only by paying o&m cost... not only that they are providing assistance for free...

This will also help in trade btwn indian state of tripura [one from which bd is currently buying elec] and bd.

Ohh really???

But its bit expensive here in Bangladesh. Even a 25 KM expressway cost us 1.5 billion. A bridge over river Ganga cost us 3.5 billion. A ariport costing us 7.5 billion. A Dhaka - Chittagong elevated highway cost us 4 billion. A deep sea port costs us 10 billion.

These are quite a bit of billions out there. So your 1 billion must just be a snack on Hasina's table.

Talk to me once 50 plus billion in your hand.. Its bangladesh dude.. Not third world Inida or Afhganistan.

Ohh really???

But its bit expensive here in Bangladesh. Even a 25 KM expressway cost us 1.5 billion. A bridge over river Ganga cost us 3.5 billion. A ariport costing us 7.5 billion. A Dhaka - Chittagong elevated highway cost us 4 billion. A deep sea port costs us 10 billion.

These are quite a bit of billions out there. So your 1 billion must just be a snack on Hasina's table.

Talk to me once 50 plus billion in your hand.. Its bangladesh dude.. Not third world Inida or Afhganistan.

thats 1.5 billion Bangladeshi currency.........India is talking billion DOLLARS........You subcontinent people are so illiterate and rigid....your politics comes first......all of you....Indians Bangladeshis Nepalese. Do you realize why you are so technologically backward? Because you would stab each other in spare time than develop yourselves. Why your countries are so poor? Because your mentality is that of a looter. The other day at **** the guy who was deputed under me had just barely the knowledge to pass high school yet had some P.hd degree in aeronautical design from an Indian university. A glorious m**k*y of some quota system you have.(No offence)

Isn't Bangladesh getting transit facilities through India to trade with Nepal and Bhutan..after all movement of their trucks will damage Indian roads..how much are they paying for this transit facility?:azn:

thats 1.5 billion Bangladeshi currency.........India is talking billion DOLLARS........

Before posting you should have the idea that he was talking in dollar not taka.... and we have the idea very well to distinguish between taka and dollar...

You subcontinent people are so illiterate and rigid....your politics comes first......all of you....Indians Bangladeshis Nepalese. Do you realize why you are so technologically backward? Because you would stab each other in spare time than develop yourselves.

It depends... due to remaining under colonial rule bd did not get enough chance and opportunity to develop technically... but thinks are changing... just go and check the creativity part of page 70... of the recent super cycle report by standard charted bank... .... where it clearly indicated that bangladesh will rank 5th in the world in terms of tertiary education for 15- to 65-year-olds... and will be the 5th graduate producing country in the world...

In terms of number of population this will be around 1.5 times than india...

http://www.standardchartered.com/me...documents/20101115/The_Super-cycle_Report.pdf

Why your countries are so poor? Because your mentality is that of a looter.

Compared to india now bd has lower per capita gdp is only cause of 1971 war... that destroyed our economy... all infrastructure was destroyed... pakistan moved the reserve and changed the currency.... after the war to destroy bd economy.... n bangladesh started with only 35 dollar reserve.. n I will say bd did well from that position compaered to india and pakistan..

But up to 1971 your india was poor and backward country... which had almost half per capita gdp than bd...and pakistan...

The other day at **** the guy who was deputed under me had just barely the knowledge to pass high school yet had some P.hd degree in aeronautical design from an Indian university. A glorious m**k*y of some quota system you have.(No offence)

What quota you have will you provide it please... n tell me honestly will you agree on any loan...where you will not have any say which are the project will be implemented... where loan giving country will select contractor and company of that country to complete the projects with the approval of that countries foreign ministry... n above all when most of the project will be used by that country only... then why should bd take loan under such circumstances and clause...

I have actually lost all hope of having a meaningful discourse with BD members here. They are filled with hate up to their neck for Indians. Those who were pro-Indian got banned. So what's left is these paranoid guys full of ego and inferiority complex.
But the fact is, your government doesn't care for your opinion and goes ahead with improving relations with all the countries with a good resolve. So you can continue your useless rants.

I have actually lost all hope of having a meaningful discourse with BD members here. They are filled with hate up to their neck for Indians. Those who were pro-Indian got banned. So what's left is these paranoid guys full of ego and inferiority complex.
But the fact is, your government doesn't care for your opinion and goes ahead with improving relations with all the countries with a good resolve. So you can continue your useless rants.

No body said there are any problem with good relation with india.. even before this AL government it is not as if relation with india was bad... but good relation should not go to a limit of appeasement.. and against the interest of the country..

I just asked a honest question to the indian... will you agree with a loan and project with the following term which was given for bd...

India will only decide which are the projects will be done with 1 billion dollar... and indian foreign ministry will approve that....

It clearly indicates that here interest of india will be served more than bds interest as india will select which are project will be done..and where is the sovereignty of bd here...

All the project must be done by indian companies... if any outside help is needed than india will decide the company or contractor

Why??? such clause.. for the competitiveness it is always desirable to select contractor or company by tender.... then why we will have to give contract to the Indian companies with out any tender...???

N more imortantly if indian companies delay the project to implement than bd will have to pay interest for it...

N lastly when most of the project will only be used by the indian mostly... then why should bd take such loan and need to pay it with interest when it does not have any say on the project...

Before posting you should have the idea that he was talking in dollar not taka.... and we have the idea very well to distinguish between taka and dollar...

Are you building a road with gold??? $ 1.5 billion for 25 kms? What r u ?? NUTS??

Back
Top Bottom