What's new

India selects EF, Rafale for MMRCA shortlist

Who is now the Favorite?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sad Sad day for me:( why did they select one aircraft that nobody wants other than French and in imminent bankruptcy and and the other which has huge spare parts issue to keep the supply chain going for its own eu partners? whaaaaa :cry:I wanted them to get F18. Oh well - congrats on finally making a decision of sorts!

Bankruptcy???

The Group is not exposed to any significant risk with regard to its borrowings and marketable securities. The Group's marketable securities portfolio mainly comprises short term monetary investments. The Group has no various investment (AMF reference) as of March 31, 2011.

Dassault Aviation - Quaterly information as of march 31, 2011 | Reuters

---------- Post added at 10:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 PM ----------

bad choice..!!

You registered just to say this... welcome to the forum...

This is freaking brilliant... Rafale.. babay... :smitten:...

where is jha ,DBC and Co. :bunny:

Cool down mate! :) Let's wait for something official, be it MoD, IAF, or any press release of the vendors.

Indian Govt. has balls......................

After this...........US reaction:angry:

1. India is not Fit for UN permanent seat.
2. Pakistan is our(US) true friend.
3. Will have to rethink our(US) Strategic partnership with India.
4. Obama plans visit to Pakistan.
5. Bla Bla Bla...................

keep you day job and stay out of foreign policy speculation.

FINALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYYYYY...atleast mod decided wt they want .....go rafale ,time to fly in Indian skies

Cool down mate! :) Let's wait for something official, be it MoD, IAF, or any press release of the vendors.

My man... You are back... it has caught like wild fire...

even MoD cant do anything regarding it, or else antony wont be seeing Kerala ever again..:angry:

Bankruptcy???

The Group is not exposed to any significant risk with regard to its borrowings and marketable securities. The Group's marketable securities portfolio mainly comprises short term monetary investments. The Group has no various investment (AMF reference) as of March 31, 2011.

Dassault Aviation - Quaterly information as of march 31, 2011 | Reuters

was there not an article posted here-- speaking to the French aircraft that was not able to sell to anyone other than the French- had a huge investment from the French govt- infact it was teetering on its govt not being able to keep it propped up anymore ?

How come some idiots are rooting for Rafale simply because it looks good? Are you guys idiots? Choose a plane based on a multitude of factors, technology just being one. I hope we look at aircraft where we get to improve our existing aircraft industry.

From BR -- still not officially confirmed but most likely it's the Rafale and Typhoon:

The news, from what I am hearing is accurate ... Rafale and Eurofighter make the downselect. However, we will need to wait for an official Defence Ministry statement which may well come tomorrow.

May the best plane win though I am disheartened that my personal favourite, the Gripen, hasnt made the cut !

Thanks
Vishnu Som
Associate Editor, Senior Anchor
NDTV

Why So? did i touch your paining nerve?

my '"paining nerve" does not exist- its my alert of 'stuck on stupid' radar that went off. you are ignorant if you think US policy is based off an aircraft deal while they have bigger military, strategic deals in place and interests with India.

Till GAN comes to Existence say 2018 ,it will be long gone mate... Eurofighter is something ,that even its contributors are so reluctant to accept it,forget about upgrades..

Well I think most of the LPI AESA radars use GaN in their antenna. GaA is rarely used.

perhaps in APG 63

L1 (cheapest bidder) should win.

So, which is cheapest, the Rafale or the Typhoon? I don't know.
what say you???

Back
Top Bottom