What's new

India selects EF, Rafale for MMRCA shortlist

Who is now the Favorite?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
capturexku.png

rafale_IAF.jpg
Not, Rafale, Not EFT, Not MKi, Not LCA, Nothing can protect you guys from the Beast that is the J-20.

Be afraid, be very afraid...:china:
20110430-u4dbc116983b389430r.jpg

another sweet look of J20....it is soooo evill!!!

1105010000e4a3df2fd6cf3e51.jpg

1104302228f6758dfe83ea131e.jpg

j20 have EODAS 360 degree spherical situational awareness system (F35)

PAK-FA-Front2.jpg

The last pic its How a 5th Gen High Tech UFO looking Fighter Should NOT look like..

Not, Rafale, Not EFT, Not MKi, Not LCA, Nothing can protect you guys from the Beast that is the J-20.

The last pic its How a 5th Gen High Tech UFO looking Fighter Should NOT look like..

I hope you know J20 is a long range bomber... you sir, are not very bright

It's actually understandable that many americans feels hurt now, especially because both fighters were kicked and this is the first time that something like this happend. Normally they can deal with the weaker performance, or offers with political power, but this time it seems that wasn't enough (which even surprised me).
However, from Indias point if view it is perfectly understandable and that is important, but some people always looked at the things only from the US side.

Sancho we need to look at all angles...Our angle should be first and foremost but in the long term scheme of things was it a wise decision?.....I am not sure. Already Pakistan is courting France as of today according Gilani, who received a call from a French defense minister. Now who is putting the pressure on India? Basically buy Rafael or we supply Pakistan. Think of the timing...its highly suspect. It is in the news, it is there to garner attention and make India sweat a lil. Gilani btw declared that France is a strategic partner. At least now with this current raid on Osama....it affirms the belief that the US cannot trust ISI......It seems the US has awaken or was always aware of the threat posed by PK/China. i think it would've been a damn good idea to strategically align ourselves with the US. We can claim our non alignment BS but the reality is that we stood more to gain than loose. China/PK are definitely happy with our decision which speaks wonders......take that into consideration. I can say the European planes offer us more tech with less strings attached but the Europeans also make it appoint to supply Pakistan just as evenly in order to create a parity between both Asian powers. IN some cases, they supply Pakistan a lil better thus forcing India to act and counter the Pakistani advances....They 're playing us like a fiddle....yet we are jumping up and down for a foreign plane....

No problems -- if the watered down versions satify our Air staff requirements and budget constraints we will buy it, if not there are always other options unlike the puppet Japan.

He said about other hardware like C-17,C-130 and not specifically the MRCA.

Our pilots are one of the most professional and are more than capable of piloting these fighters, though I agree there is always scope for improvement.

I SWEAR WHAT YOYU SAY ABOUT OUR PILOTS IS THE SAME GARBAGE I HEAR OF OUR SPECIAL FORCES.....TAKE A GOOD LOOK AT 26/11? TAKE A GOOD HARD LOOK AT THE DELTA OPERATION ON OSAMA.....ANY QUESTIONS....

You aren't going to convince me or anyone in the US administration the Super Hornet or Desert Falcon 'under performed'. Fine, the IAF don't see themselves operating aircrafts constrained by CISMOA /ITAR and what not. Boeing and LM should not have been invited to participate,unceremoniously booted and told their products are inferior. I'd end this farce by selecting the Rafale, it needs a better engine and some tender loving care but overall better value than the other finalist which proved..er..inadequate in Libya from all accounts.

Now that India has sounded Washington it is not interested in 'strategic partnership' expect 'change'.

At the end of the day...India is not interested in getting an aircraft near the end of its life...India would be a moron to buy your craft simply for the aircraft itself. Sure its a great plane but there up and coming generations. Ultimately, if the US cherished the relationship as much they would do a bit more to loosen the strings attached and give some more leeway to tech issues. Remember, the ball is in the US court.....after all the attitude in India that is quite prevalent is the use of sanctions which has a detrimental affect. This can be seen all over the world wherever US weapons are used in the inventories of foreign militaries. Whenever these countries don;t play ball with the US, they get slapped with sanctions.

yes how many hostages did delta force save?

In this particulate operation they were;t looking to save hostages....but I can assure you if they were involved in 26/11.....you would never see high double digits in that ops......

PAK-FA-Front2.jpg

J10/J20, etc till the day they are made cheap chinese crap [CCC] nobody is going to take you very seriously. I don't see with the exception of Pak other countries scrambling for CCCs.

...:lol: and how is that going to keep you or the Rafale safe from the J-20?

bombers don't do dogfight.....one missile and J 20 is down....PAK FA has real AESA radar with proven RUssian Sukhoi Technology....first China should make a decent indigenous aircraft coz all the other are mere copies of Western or Russian jets.F-16,Su-27 and all.

This UPA govt has shown that it definitely shown "some" guts by ignoring the American pressure.

Kudos to Manmohaniya and company.

i think it makes sence to go for a independent choice rather looking for stategic partnership...these fighter have to serve for 40 years and it's a very long time , and the world statagic order keep changing depend on self intrests , ,,,

Dear Localoca,

Kindly requesting you not to bring J20 here and dont derail the thread, coz we are discussing India shortlisting EFT and Rafale.
And first lets get J20 IOC, let it inducted in PLAF, let the pilots get familier with the aircraft and then you can keep bragging the beast called J20. But by that time FGFA would be inducted in IAF, and remember J20 is more like Bomber and FGFA is a fighter jet.:chilli:
So when J20 even thinks of bombing Indian cities, FGFA would be planning to shoot down the J20 before it can complete its mission.
Now dont bring this issue again in this thread.

Cheers, Regards.

I SWEAR WHAT YOYU SAY ABOUT OUR PILOTS IS THE SAME GARBAGE I HEAR OF OUR SPECIAL FORCES.....TAKE A GOOD LOOK AT 26/11? TAKE A GOOD HARD LOOK AT THE DELTA OPERATION ON OSAMA.....ANY QUESTIONS....

Are you out of your fricking mind ?

Comparing our NSG with the Seals ?

Ideally it should have been NSG with the SWAT and Para SF or MARCOS with SEALS and secondly it was NOT the Delta forces, it was the Navy SEALS. Educate yourself on the complexities in searching each and every room in a 700 room multi-storey hotel in the full glare of media with hostages before coming and blabbering here.

Back
Top Bottom