What's new

India selects EF, Rafale for MMRCA shortlist

Who is now the Favorite?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
‘From 2005 to 2008, the Americans went on their limb to help India end nuclear apartheid by signing the civilian nuclear deal despite the discriminatory Nuclear Non-proliferation Treaty. But that doesn’t mean India should do a quid pro quo. We are going to use the fighter jet now selected for another 40 to 50 years,’ Kak said.

Feeling sorry for the Yankees. Hope they dont take it to heart :)

Good find Benny.

One more reason, solid reason, why the catfish must be thrown out.

OMG.. you guys are making me to lean towards rafale more & more! this is not good. last option.. BAE will do what they did in Al-Yamamah deal! they need to find a prince bandar in india soon to sort this deal out!!

Feeling sorry for the Yankees. Hope they dont take it to heart :)

Good find Benny.

A2G is the need of the hour (doctrine) and everybody agrees Raffy scores on that above EFT also not to forget the massive weapons load along with 5 wet points which even the Su-30 MKI's dont have.. not to talk about the range...

Im sure the newer engine will be more maintainable and would shut up the thrust talks...

After all France is the nation which produces the fastest and most powerful production car in the world in Bugatti Veyron :lol:

Finally i read all the posts in this thread.. you know now one need to spend alot more time on PDF these days as this single thread on fire is making hell difficult to keep up with pace. :P Well as i am not eligible to vote, but still i choose Raffy... Hey anyone remember that pic of raffy with beautiful frenchie Bebe ?? So we would be getting that one also with this deal??? :cheesy:

And SpArK, its 93 thanx now... :)

^^^^ Hoppingly Rafale wins the deal...

Can we have some light whether we will GaN module or GaS module with Rafale?.... Hoping Sancho or some one will throw light....

There is no aircraft today which will produce enough power to support GaN modules. GaN modules can produce better range and require enough power and enough cooling systems. US is still 3-4 years away in mastering Gallium Nitride AESA radars. Due to teh power requirement for GaNs its only said today that big aircrafts can only afford such AESAs.

Rafale will surely have GaS modules.

Good find Benny.

Catfish will be thrown out, but not for this reason (coz it can still be worked out).

Rather for this reason -

Its a simple fact that we wont pay too much for too less.

Dassault-Rafale.jpg

and

MIG-29_SMT.jpg

and

47742-01.jpg

and

HAL_Tejas.jpg

and

The_Sukhoi_PAK_FA_T_50_by_LSR33.jpg

Is a deadly mix.

A2G is the need of the hour (doctrine) and everybody agrees Raffy scores on that above EFT also not to forget the massive weapons load along with 5 wet points which even the Su-30 MKI's dont have.. not to talk about the range...

Im sure the newer engine will be more maintainable and would shut up the thrust talks...

After all France is the nation which produces the fastest and most powerful production car in the world in Bugatti Veyron :lol:

MKI doesnt have any wet point but enough internal fuel of 9 tonne same as Rafale with 3 external tanks of 1200 litre(each weighs 1 tonne)... In addition to it carries 8 * 0.5 tonne LGB... and in future Brahmos.. which Rafale can never do...

MKI doesnt have any wet point but enough internal fuel of 9 tonne same as Rafale with 3 external tanks of 1200 litre(each weighs 1 tonne)... In addition to it carries 8 * 0.5 tonne LGB... and in future Brahmos.. which Rafale can never do...

well it carries ASMP.. we can never rule out that..if it gets miniaturizing..

ASMP.jpg

m02011032100013.jpg

missiles-air-12-ASMP-rafale.jpg

You forgot:
mcaai2009.JPG

Nope .. I left it due to lack of a nice pic.. also left out mirage .. since its been said Raffy cleared the Leh and other tests better than EFT, the mirages might get a buy back order from Frenchmen as a bonus..

It will be Rafale............EF has many disadvantages technically and politacally too...
Whereas in rafale we deal with one nation ,one company and Full ToT...

I must say Rafale is the best deal!!!

:enjoy:

Back
Top Bottom