What's new

India selects EF, Rafale for MMRCA shortlist

Who is now the Favorite?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The F-15 has yet to face F-16s, F-18s and Sukhois in combat to prove its actual prowess in air-air combat. As for 5th gen. fighters, their stealth capabilities are significantly reduced over mid and close ranges if the enemy has AWACs in the area.

And let's not forget once the clutter is removed, radars with low frequency range can detect even the mighty F-22. No more stealth, my friend. The F-22 will become outdated once these radars are distributed to everyone, courtesy of Russia and China.

Can you pls tell me what L band radar China is using or trying to develope/developed?

Can you pls tell me what L band radar China is using or trying to develope/developed?

:lol: :lol: China didn't share it with me... And I'm no expert on this matter either.

But seriously, it has been claimed that it is possible to detect the Raptor below 2GHz but that there is tremendous clutter since you are also looking at insignificant objects in the air like tiny birds etc..

Or it could be complete bluff since I was also reading an article on a Chinese site that said the F-7s (Chengdu) can also track F-22s... so I'm not sure about the reports.

Still, the possibility exists.

See this article it might help. http://www.wmo.int/pages/prog/www/IMOP/publications/IOM-94-TECO2006/2(1)_Li-Feng-China.pdf

:lol: :lol: China didn't share it with me... And I'm no expert on this matter either.

But seriously, it has been claimed that it is possible to detect the Raptor below 2GHz but that there is tremendous clutter since you are also looking at insignificant objects in the air like tiny birds etc..

Or it could be complete bluff since I was also reading an article on a Chinese site that said the F-7s (Chengdu) can also track F-22s... so I'm not sure about the reports.

Still, the possibility exists.

Yes, Russians have already fitted that radar onto T-50 anyway to track stealth fighters. You can always track an F-22 but not as the same distance you will track an MKI or an F-16.

Anyway I was looking for a source if China has made it.

I think this is the most Thanked post in the History of PDF..!!!! :what:

sparkh.jpg

Looks like each and every Indian member here on PDF thanked him ....lol

And it means Number of Indians on this forum are 78 ? :D

It's 85 thanks now.. I am still burning with jealousy for Sparky.. as if he needed any more thanks.. He has so many already...

BTW I tracked three non-Indians (one Chinese, one Pakistani & one Bangladeshi) and one half Indian (genmirajborgza786) in the list by my H(hembo)-band radder... So you need to revise your calculation.. lol

In the coming months, its the Americans who are going to beg the Indian navy to buy their F35, not the other way around.

Beg India? I'm just blown away by the arrogance on display here.

Yes, Russians have already fitted that radar onto T-50 anyway to track stealth fighters. You can always track an F-22 but not as the same distance you will track an MKI or an F-16.

Yes,Dash the russians have installed the X-Band N050 AESA Radar on the PAK FA's fuselage and L-Band radar of the same type on the Aircraft's wings.The radar is based on IRBIS-E PESA Radar.

---------- Post added at 07:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:59 PM ----------

Can you plz how many posts have I submitted? Yes,Dash the russians have installed the X-Band N050 AESA Radar on the PAK FA's fuselage and L-Band radar of the same type on the Aircraft's wings.The radar is based on IRBIS-E PESA Radar.

With the US loosing the MMRCA contract, they will now go out of the way to ensure that the Indian navy expresses interest in the F35 STOVL.

In the coming months, its the Americans who are going to beg the Indian navy to buy their F35, not the other way around.

No, I don't think US need India to buy the F-35. Why would you buy anything American if you think that America will easily sanction India. You should withdraw all purchases from the US. US defense industry will do just fine without any India purchase.

It's 84 thanks now.. I am still burning with jealousy for Sparky.. as if he needed any more thanks.. He has so many already...

BTW I detected two non-Indians (one Chinese & one Bangladeshi) and one half Indian (genmirajborgza786) in the list... So you need to revise your calculation.. lol

you know what? i'v been saving my 100th thanks for a meaningful post. now that this seems to be the most thanked thread, it's only appropriate that i use my 100th one for this one!! here it goes.. 85 now!!

you know what? i'v been saving my 100th thanks for a meaningful post. now that this seems to be the most thanked thread, it's only appropriate that i use my 100th one for this one!! here it goes.. 85 now!!

I wish.... i could redeem all these thanks to food or purchase coupons. :tongue:

Beg India? I'm just blown away by the arrogance on display here.

May be he was arrogant, and why not be, when US is considering redrafting of teh entire export control laws coz they lost in India. I mean US never did it for anyother country. But one loss in MRCA is making you change it.

I mean if its not such a big deal to beg India to buy F-35, why change the laws then??.
I mean isnt it significant enough to say that, we can say we changed you?? but not in arrogance though.

Back
Top Bottom